EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   09+ Ralliart How-To/Installations (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/09-ralliart-how-installations-311/)
-   -   Installing New Navi / Fuse Bluetooth (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/09-ralliart-how-installations/557619-installing-new-navi-fuse-bluetooth.html)

franco17 May 25, 2011 10:13 AM

Installing New Navi / Fuse Bluetooth

Id like to check out this whole mmcs and fuse system so im going to perform the install, parts are on the way. Sounds like a piece of cake but I cant find too much information on this new fuse system and its install into an 09 ralliart. Nav system is the new N-04 model and the bluetooth module is 2011 fuse enabled.

If anyone has any info to share with any strange complications I might run into with these new systems ( My hypothesis states its going to be same as the norm bluetooth and Nav install)

Questions I have ,

Because the 09 ralliart is bluetooth ready, do I still need to go under my cup holder and adjust the wiring or can I simply plug in the bluetooth module , install microphone , and if needed activate by stealership.

Does the USB that connects to the nav unit come with it or is it separate.
How does it plug into the nav unit, my research is showing simple din to usb.

Has anyone installed a usb slot attaching into the arm rest like the 2011 have stock.

Any tips would be nice.

03chi-town0Z May 25, 2011 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by franco17 (Post 9345916)
Id like to check out this whole mmcs and fuse system so im going to perform the install, parts are on the way. Sounds like a piece of cake but I cant find too much information on this new fuse system and its install into an 09 ralliart. Nav system is the new N-04 model and the bluetooth module is 2011 fuse enabled.

If anyone has any info to share with any strange complications I might run into with these new systems ( My hypothesis states its going to be same as the norm bluetooth and Nav install)

Questions I have ,

Because the 09 ralliart is bluetooth ready, do I still need to go under my cup holder and adjust the wiring or can I simply plug in the bluetooth module , install microphone , and if needed activate by stealership.

Does the USB that connects to the nav unit come with it or is it separate.
How does it plug into the nav unit, my research is showing simple din to usb.

Has anyone installed a usb slot attaching into the arm rest like the 2011 have stock.

Any tips would be nice.

New fuse system is intalled behind the glovebox on the new model, not in the dash. I don't know what you mean by going under the cupholder? Maybe because of the model year differences?

I've never done a backdate/update, but new model installs are plug n play as long as you've got the controls on the wheel and the mic in the map lights.

The USB connection comes with and is a part of the bluetooth module and when the bluetooth is connected to the vehicle, it integrates with the audio unit through the factory wiring.

I wish you the best of luck, but I feel like a bit more research may have been a better idea before totally committing because this new fuse system is COMPLETELY different than any of the older model stuff.

If there's anything I can help with as far as wiring diagrams or component locations or anything like that, let me know, since I'd like to see this done myself and am interested to see exactly what it would take for future reference.

franco17 May 26, 2011 11:56 AM

According to the evox writeup of installing the bluetooth module, certain wire configs had to be changed under the cup holder.Had to change what looked like some jumpers to different pin combos. Saying that, I believe it was because that install included adding the bluetooth controls to the steering wheel and such, basically not bluetooth ready.

Hmm , if the module is in the glovebox and its USB runs at the normal 4.75 V - 5.25 V I should be able to run it to wherever I want it which is good. Stealerships in toronto are especially not do it yourself or tuner friendly so i cant even get decent information.

initial_d2k May 26, 2011 12:08 PM

Yesterday we just picked up a 2012 Mazda 5 as family car. The Bluetooth Aux in is something I want on my RA now...

Please let us know how the FUSE system work out.!
Good Luck

franco17 May 26, 2011 12:29 PM

Apparently #MZ314502 is for the fuse bluetooth unit but doesn't exist in Mitsubishi Canada's parts list, in fact a few of the dealerships don't even know what it does . Mitsubishi sucks in Canada. So ill be ordering from the states , lets see what new problems that brings me .

franco17 May 26, 2011 12:46 PM

Does anyone know how the USB connects to the bluetooth module, Ive heard its a din to usb, but im not sure.

xDarKnighTx May 28, 2011 04:19 PM

sorry for the off topic question, but where did you get the mmcs unit? did you order it from a mitsu dealer?

franco17 May 29, 2011 10:24 AM

No I didnt get it from the dealership. They are way too expensive and too be honest most of them dont know what they are talking about. I was able to get the navi and oem dash kit from an evom member for a much better price.

Exyia May 30, 2011 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by 03chi-town0Z (Post 9346999)
New fuse system is intalled behind the glovebox on the new model, not in the dash. I don't know what you mean by going under the cupholder? Maybe because of the model year differences?

I've never done a backdate/update, but new model installs are plug n play as long as you've got the controls on the wheel and the mic in the map lights.

The USB connection comes with and is a part of the bluetooth module and when the bluetooth is connected to the vehicle, it integrates with the audio unit through the factory wiring.

I wish you the best of luck, but I feel like a bit more research may have been a better idea before totally committing because this new fuse system is COMPLETELY different than any of the older model stuff.

If there's anything I can help with as far as wiring diagrams or component locations or anything like that, let me know, since I'd like to see this done myself and am interested to see exactly what it would take for future reference.

so correct me if I'm wrong, the FUSE system won't have compatibility problems with pre-2011 OEM Nav units?

I ask because I had a customer who bought a new 2011 GTS and his CD player stopped working. He had a new one installed under warranty obviously, but I think the idiots in the parts department ordered him a 2010 head unit, because he came and asked me what happened to his USB. He had lost ALL functionality of his FUSE system

the FUSE system is really cool and I'd rather not loose it, otherwise I'll probably just go aftermarket with a unit that has the same features

franco17 May 30, 2011 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by Exyia (Post 9356583)
so correct me if I'm wrong, the FUSE system won't have compatibility problems with pre-2011 OEM Nav units?

I ask because I had a customer who bought a new 2011 GTS and his CD player stopped working. He had a new one installed under warranty obviously, but I think the idiots in the parts department ordered him a 2010 head unit, because he came and asked me what happened to his USB. He had lost ALL functionality of his FUSE system

the FUSE system is really cool and I'd rather not loose it, otherwise I'll probably just go aftermarket with a unit that has the same features

Funny, I think your dead on. I had an issue when trying to get some orders in for the fuse bluetooth module, apparently its not even listed in mitus comps for lancers, of course Im in Canada and thats as far as my knowledge goes with dealers here. I continued to ask for the 2011 fuse bluetooth module and since most of them are idiots theyd just direct me to the 2010 unit that shows up on the computer. They probably installed an older head unit.

From what Im picking up from other forums is that for nav cars a 2010 nav is required to run the fuse, nothing older and not certain but at least a 2011 stock radio to enable fuse.

Still waiting on my order........................................ Shipping takes too long from the states

03chi-town0Z May 31, 2011 03:44 AM

For what it's worth, we had a customer with a 2011 base stereo who wanted handsfree enabled. They tried to toss a 2010 HFM at it and it would NOT work.

I realize that this is backwards from what you are trying to do, but we have yet to try to do it the other way in-house as of yet.

It is my understanding that the systems are incompatible, but that seems odd to me. I definitely need to look into it more, but my guess is that the differences are stemming mostly from the body wiring harness and then the head-unit compatibility. I'll need to cross reference part numbers for stereo units and nav units, as well as pull diagrams of the wiring harnesses to verify without actually pulling a couple cars apart or attempting a swap myself.

Depending on how busy it gets at work, which it has been pretty consistant lately, that could be awhile so no promises on my end

franco17 Jun 6, 2011 10:21 AM

Nav system installed no problem. Still waiting on the bluetooth module........

franco17 Jun 8, 2011 10:31 AM

Ok so bluetooth module came in. Had everything installed easy, cutting a hole for the USB piece will be simply enough. Now like chi-towns stated, the wiring harness is incorrect. It does not fit. I have a new head unit so theres no reason other then the wiring harness needing to be replaced to the newer design. Im going to tear the actual unit into individual pieces to see if an adapter can be made to just attach the unit. If Chi-Towns could pull me some 2011 lancer wiring diagrams / schematic I believe this could be as easy as just unplugging the old and attaching the new. Heres some pics of the unit and the current harness .[IMG]https://s1.postimage.org/infj5atg/IMG_0050.jpg[/IMG][IMG]https://s1.postimage.org/inw2irr8/IMG_0052.jpg[/IMG][IMG]https://s1.postimage.org/iofwyxok/IMG_0054.jpg[/IMG]

03chi-town0Z Jun 9, 2011 10:59 AM

Let me see what I can come up with for scanning one in...

zivan56 Jun 11, 2011 06:10 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here is a picture of the connection between the FUSE module and stock radio (better detail, but a bit different):
Attachment 314352

MMCS and FUSE (one you want):
Attachment 314353

Images provided by jsrd at Mitsubishi Forum

C-135 is what comes out of the bluetooth module (FUSE). It is also called C-136 for MMCS, but the unit itself is the same.

The wires that matter for this connector (C-136), at least according to this, is 8,15,22,23.

You can trace most of them back to MMCS following the various connectors

03chi-town0Z Jun 11, 2011 07:42 PM

And here is the 09 setup. Sorry for the huge size, hopefully it's easier to read, lol. :

Edit: WTF, it changed the pics on me. I'll have to save and upload instead of posting a url

franco17 Jun 12, 2011 10:06 AM

Amazing, i should be able to figure this out now. Thank you very much. Ill post my findings.

travestyevo Aug 10, 2011 02:30 PM

Make any luck with this?
EVO

Krushka Aug 11, 2011 08:46 AM

1 Attachment(s)
NEW FUSE ---------- Purpose ----------- Old BT Wires 2007/09

1 - Red/white ------- Power +12V -------- Red/white
17 - Black -------------- Mass ---------------- Black

11 - Yellow -------------- CAN ------------- Yellow
25 - Red -------------- CAN ------------ Red

14 - Pink -------------- Mic ------------ Pink
28 - Blue ---------------- Mic ------------ Blue
27 - Black -------------- Mic shield ------ Brown

8 - Black --------------- Audio BT->Head Unit ------ Black
22 - White --------------- Audio BT->Head Unit ------ White
23 - Black -------------- Audio shield ----------- Green

(14,28,27 and 8,22,23 wires are combined with insulating tape not to make a mistake)

In addition you should add several NEW wires:

2 - purple --- from the new BT module to head unit to the small socket, pin number 1
15 - pink --- to the same socket, pin number 17. There is already pink wire, you should connect to it.
16 - gray --- to the same socket, pin number 10.

Thanks to russian lancer club lancerx.ru members! :)

Here is new BT socket from the previous page with pin numbers. They are pins from the first column above:

EvoOtto Aug 12, 2011 02:13 PM

Not sure what this means? Is this a step closer to having fuse on 2009 Ralliarts without navi???? :D

Krushka Aug 13, 2011 01:43 AM

This is scheme how to connect wires of the new bt unit with usb.
Yes, it works either with MMCS N-04 or STANDARD CD UNIT only from NEW cars with FUSE.
It is tested and working great.

franco17 Aug 23, 2011 02:31 PM

I have an n-05 laying around. Would that work? Ive ben through some hidden settings and it seems to have some config for USB

Krushka Sep 3, 2011 04:01 AM

That will.

franco17 Sep 7, 2011 02:30 PM

While installing i ran into a problem , instructions state for the last 3 wires SAME socket. They are not the same socket but 2 seperate sockets right next to each other. Where connector 2 attaches to pink on pin17 is actually pin 1 on the second smaller connector. Both located on the far right. Now that im all in installed..... it charges my phone but i cant activate the bluetooth unit or its features, but power is running through. In hidden menu area of MMCS "Hands free/USB box" is still greyed out.... Any ideas?

Krushka Sep 14, 2011 04:40 AM

Which exactly last 3 wires? Colors.. New wires should be added to the smallest socket of the mmcs. purple pink and gray are new wires that should be added by yourself. Could you draw small scheme? Check out you have really true latest unit. Firmware update won't help, you must have true n-04/n-05 HARDWARE.

franco17 Sep 14, 2011 04:08 PM

I indeed have an N-05 unit. I will pull apart my unit and check what conclusion ive come too and draw you a diagram. But as of now from what I remember there is no pin 17 on the smallest socket of the MMCS , and there is no pink wire to connect to on the smallest socket. Basically the smallest socket has less then 10.

franco17 Sep 14, 2011 04:27 PM

I hope this is just an error on my part but I thoroughly searched for other areas that would make sense to connect the new wires to.

http://i51.tinypic.com/16j0hhk.jpg

Krushka Sep 15, 2011 01:27 AM

Alright, connect to pink wire in combined sockets. And new wires add to the right small socket from combined. It should work. I guess, you have BT activated from yer dealership.

franco17 Sep 15, 2011 06:35 AM

Ya i do, ill post my findings.

franco17 Sep 15, 2011 08:28 AM

If im treating pin 17 (pink wire) , as pin 17 from left to right, am i treating that small socket from left to right too? And if there is a wire already there do i splice into it? Possible to give me a diagram because due to this small problem it messes up where things should be going. Sorry for the trouble but lets fix this for everyones information.

franco17 Sep 22, 2011 04:47 PM

any word from the russian hacker community?

ericjai113 Oct 20, 2011 09:36 PM

franco17, did you ever figure out why your handsfree/USB function is gray out in the navi? I just install a (N-05) navigation onto my 2011 GSR and I have the same problem. Did you just have to bring it to the dealer to activate it using the MUT-III tool?

franco17 Oct 21, 2011 08:31 AM

Yes i did, the wire colours the russian tutorial states are wrong. Im in engineering school and havent had time to make a proper write up. Ill try to post the right wires asap. You have to connect the wires to the canbus, not the actual unit itself. The wire numbers are right but not the colours

ericjai113 Oct 24, 2011 10:42 AM

I actually have the FUSE bluetooth system already wired for my 2011 GSR, all I did is just swap the 6-disc CD changer to the Navi headunit. Once you have the wiring corrected, did you have to bring it to the dealer for them to activate it using the MUT-III tool?

NateDaJew Nov 5, 2011 11:12 PM

I'm a stereo idiot! I have a 08 GSR with navi, will this work for me?

julralliart Dec 10, 2011 05:26 PM

Someone find an issue with the Bluetooth system and 2010 Nav system ?

nunyas Dec 22, 2011 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by franco17 (Post 9688623)
Yes i did, the wire colours the russian tutorial states are wrong. Im in engineering school and havent had time to make a proper write up. Ill try to post the right wires asap. You have to connect the wires to the canbus, not the actual unit itself. The wire numbers are right but not the colours

updates?

Krushka Dec 26, 2011 11:45 AM

Hi. Sorry for very late answer.
Look there: http://asx.2de.ru/90/html/M190103610005100ENG.HTM

Krushka Dec 29, 2011 02:00 AM

Yesterday I installed FUSE on my Lancer with MMCS. My previous instructions WERE right!! The only thing we need is to modify HARNESS of MMCS. You can see that wires from our small white socket should go to green socket. But female socket DOESN'T have that wires. So you have to add missing wires in order to connect new wires pins 1,10,17 to MMCS green socket pins 106,104,102 respectively. I hope i said it understandable.

BTW. There is no pink wire anymore! I think there is pink wire only on cars with Rockford.
Also I heard that new MMCS harness for Outlander XL already HAS these wires. And it's also suitable for lancer. But I don't know part number, and if it is true.

AWDralliart09 Jan 24, 2012 07:05 PM

Great informations. Thanks!!

bong09 Mar 2, 2012 07:11 PM

Has anyone had any success?

franco17 Apr 20, 2012 12:14 PM

It definitely works . If youve read the entire thread youll see that mine is connected but since the russian wire diagrams have different colours i managed to find a few of the right ones and unfortunately my school semester has kept me more then busy. I just finished my engineering exams yesterday so I will have this 100% working this week. As of now every feature works except for the MIC and the bluetooth/audio only comes through one side of speakers. simple wire mismatch issue.

Krushka Apr 21, 2012 07:13 AM

It's not an issue. You can check brand new cars at your dealer, the sound of voice commands and handsfree goes only from the right side.

nunyas Apr 21, 2012 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by franco17 (Post 10113969)
It definitely works . If youve read the entire thread youll see that mine is connected but since the russian wire diagrams have different colours i managed to find a few of the right ones and unfortunately my school semester has kept me more then busy. I just finished my engineering exams yesterday so I will have this 100% working this week. As of now every feature works except for the MIC and the bluetooth/audio only comes through one side of speakers. simple wire mismatch issue.

as stated previously, from the factory bluetooth audio only comes from the right side; assuming you mean phone conversations and not playing music through bluetooth?

franco17 Apr 21, 2012 12:56 PM

music only comes from the right side, usb or bluetooth audio. My wiring is correct it seems my bluetooth unit has damaged solder points from when i desoldered the pins. fixing it now

franco17 Apr 21, 2012 05:40 PM

So, I have found the problem. My solders were a tad messy but they are all in full contact down all streams of the PCB. The board is faulty as a shorter the connected between my pin 8 (Audio out left) to the output of the microchip that controls it and it worked. Its too dark to test the mic but this is the guaranteed problem. Now I either have to attempt to fix it or get a replacement from the manufacturer.

bong09 Jun 20, 2012 12:14 PM

Any update?

bong09 Jun 27, 2012 10:58 AM

Where can I get this c135 connector?

CanuckLancer Jul 25, 2012 10:53 AM

I've read through this 3 times but I still have a question. My RA is a 2010 with the Navi and leather package. I have the Mic, Bluetooth (non-fuse), and a N-03 Navi unit. Can I install the FUSE system into my RA? If so do I just need the FUSE unit and to mount and install the USB port then get the update from the dealership to have the USB and FUSE work?

nunyas Jul 28, 2012 11:42 AM

based on the information that I've gathered from reading this thread, you need a N-04 or higher Navi headunit to be able to add USB and FUSE.

Lancerion Sep 16, 2012 07:02 PM

Any updates?

beetle_orange Jan 17, 2014 08:37 PM

reviving this as i am attempting to do the same, hoping that someone who has done this successfully can share their knowledge.

what me and my friend has found out so far are:

krushka's post # 19 is partially correct but you have to count from right to left to match the wires on his post. this is PIN C-135. also i do not have Pin 11 and 25, both of which are "CAN" in his description. i am assuming he means the CANBUS which is located under the MMCS. i am also hoping that once i pull my old bluetooth out, neither will it have those 2 pins in his post # 19.

franco17's post # 27 is exactly the MMCS that i have. i can confirm Pin 17 has the pink but there is no mention of where to tap the other 2 NEW wires from the FUSE equipped bluetooth, the violet and grey. also no mention if this is the right "pink" as there is another socket that has a pink wire, this socket is GREEN at the back of the MMCS.

Phantom-Evo-X Apr 23, 2014 07:32 PM

MMCS and BT (FUSE) Install...

All,
I am trying to see if I can get this install going...
What I have:
1- 2008 GSR with Factory Navi (N-02) no BT
2- No Steering wheel audio or BT controls

What I sourced:
1- MMCS (N-05) from a 2011 MR
2- BT module 8785A025 (from the same 2011 car)
3- Microphone (from the same 2011 car)
4- USB Cable MZ360331EX
5- New Steering wheel with ALL controls (Audio and BT)
6- AWD switch relocate
7- Console switch plate

I understand that there is NO FUSE module, the BT is the FUSE module
Are there any connectors that I should be buying?
I can always go to the dealership but will prove to be an expensive install there..
Although I believe they are only ones to be able to program it after is installed?
Any Help will be appreciated.

D-

franco17 Apr 24, 2014 05:21 AM

My install didnt require the dealer to activate anything and as usual the dealer is useless for information/parts. The main issue is the connector from our cars does not match the connector for the FUSE unit . I just snipped mine off and added wire from the snipped ends directly to the FUSE unit. I did a good job and it functions 100% but I don't recommend my method. Now that the cars that come factory with that connector have been out for a good few years I'd recommend snipping one off a scrap vehicle or something and splice it into your wires while keeping the fuse and connector solid.

Phantom-Evo-X Apr 25, 2014 03:37 AM

FUSE Unit

@Franco17..
Thanks so much for the reply... I will start looking for that connector..
One question I have that I am confused about.
Is there a "separate" FUSE unit? or is the BT module that is "FUSE" able?
Do you have a picture or part number for the FUSE module?
Also.. I am assuming that the connector you recommend looking for will be on a 2011+ Navi/Dash harness?
Let me know if you can help with either part# or Info on this FUSE Module...

Thanks again for your help..
D-

Phantom-Evo-X May 2, 2014 01:43 PM

Found a wiring Harness

@Franco17

Hey I got my hands on a 8522D711 Dash/Navi harness for a 2012 MR.
I now have to understand if I go ahead and change the entire Harness or just snip the connector for the Bluetooth/Fuse module.
The BT connector on my 08 GSR has less wires than the 2012 Harness (as well as a smaller connector). It will be a PITA to trace them back to the MMCS so not sure what to do here.. Changing the Harness may prove the tuffest but the cleanest.. I don't think there is writeup that I have seen that shows which wires need to be added where...
Any help will be appreciated....

franco17 May 3, 2014 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by Krushka (Post 9526418)
NEW FUSE ---------- Purpose ----------- Old BT Wires 2007/09

1 - Red/white ------- Power +12V -------- Red/white
17 - Black -------------- Mass ---------------- Black

11 - Yellow -------------- CAN ------------- Yellow
25 - Red -------------- CAN ------------ Red

14 - Pink -------------- Mic ------------ Pink
28 - Blue ---------------- Mic ------------ Blue
27 - Black -------------- Mic shield ------ Brown

8 - Black --------------- Audio BT->Head Unit ------ Black
22 - White --------------- Audio BT->Head Unit ------ White
23 - Black -------------- Audio shield ----------- Green

(14,28,27 and 8,22,23 wires are combined with insulating tape not to make a mistake)

In addition you should add several NEW wires:

2 - purple --- from the new BT module to head unit to the small socket, pin number 1
15 - pink --- to the same socket, pin number 17. There is already pink wire, you should connect to it.
16 - gray --- to the same socket, pin number 10.

Thanks to russian lancer club lancerx.ru members! :)

Here is new BT socket from the previous page with pin numbers. They are pins from the first column above:

Here is the original wire configs, if you read the bottom portion he mentions which new wires need to be added. Cleanest install would be to snip the old connector off and splice in your new "connector"?? You meant the connector and not
the entire harness right?

Phantom-Evo-X May 4, 2014 08:00 AM

FUSE install on a 2008 GSR

Thanks Franco17...
I saw that description before.. but I thought that you mentioned that the colors were wrong.
I meant that the cleanest way for me to do it at this point will be to change the entire Harness to the one (8255D711) that I sourced for the car.
Yes it can be a pain and lots of work, but it will have all wires and the propoer connector. I am reserching if the MR harness that I have (8255D711) will work on the GSR or it is different althogether....

I can see the expalnation on where to add the new wires... sounds like an easy way could be to just snip the connector and add the wires to the MMCS, as expalined.
More later when I figure out what to do....
So no issues with the colors descripbed above?

beetle_orange May 13, 2014 09:11 AM

Phantom, i do not think that swapping out entire harness would be feasible since they are all "clustered" together. i mean the nav / radio / BT harness are also lumped into the other main harnesses as well.

the way i am doing it as following what Krushka said and just find where the additional 3 wires go to on the back of the N-05.

Franco17, so where exactly did you tap the 3 additional wires? the purple / pink / gray?

thanks

beetle_orange May 14, 2014 08:34 PM

Well I was unsuccessful in making the BT work, just followed the color codes above and no BT.

Phantom-Evo-X May 15, 2014 03:36 AM

Fuse bt

Originally Posted by beetle_orange (Post 11208281)
Well I was unsuccessful in making the BT work, just followed the color codes above and no BT.

Beetle.. Thanks for update.. I am getting ready to study the Harness I have and see if it will work with just the connector + the 3 extra wires that are mentioned by Franco17 and Krushka. It would surely be easier if someone can confirm that the colors and extra wires do work.
Did you actually got the dealer to enable your BT module? Maybe that is why is not working?:confused:

beetle_orange May 15, 2014 06:32 AM

My original BT is working, you don't need the dealership. Actually I just reinstalled my old BT module and it still worked so I am hoping for 2 things, my connections were just wrong or loose. I am not even tracing those additional 3 wires. I wanted to follow the new fuse to old fuse and see if I can get the new BT working.

i told a friend of mine, who i trust regarding electrical stuff, that he doesnt believe simply tracing the new 8 wires to the 8 old wires that my BT would work. he believes that i have to trace all 11 of the BT with Fuse wire to make a determination if it works or not.

Phantom-Evo-X May 29, 2014 04:47 AM

Install coming

Beetle O,
Thanks for your post in reply to this....

OK.. Update..
We laid the Wiring harness that I got from a 2012 MR and there are few differences with the GSR [Hence, we will NOT be doing a complete Harness swap...].
We located the connector in the new harness and the FUSE BT box that came from the same car. The idea now is to "Follow" the connector back to the original Navi harness and see then what other wires if any, need to be added.
According to our Russian friends, there are 3 to be added.. but "WHERE"
Franco17 has done it and confirm that it works.. We assume that He has followed the instructions on post #19 and they are accurate.

We will be doing tracing and snipping this weekend.. and see what happens.
If successful, will update the thread with Pics as well...

Originally Posted by beetle_orange (Post 11208481)
My original BT is working, you don't need the dealership. Actually I just reinstalled my old BT module and it still worked so I am hoping for 2 things, my connections were just wrong or loose. I am not even tracing those additional 3 wires. I wanted to follow the new fuse to old fuse and see if I can get the new BT working.

i told a friend of mine, who i trust regarding electrical stuff, that he doesnt believe simply tracing the new 8 wires to the 8 old wires that my BT would work. he believes that i have to trace all 11 of the BT with Fuse wire to make a determination if it works or not.

Phantom-Evo-X May 29, 2014 05:33 AM

@Franco17

Franco17...
Based on your own picture of the N-05, can you please tell where the three "NEW" wires should be connected?
The Small connector where you are pointing the #17 wire is where I have my Backup Cam Harness... are you saying that a "New" wire needs to be connected there?

Any help will be appreciated... THX!

Originally Posted by franco17 (Post 9604406)
I hope this is just an error on my part but I thoroughly searched for other areas that would make sense to connect the new wires to.

http://i51.tinypic.com/16j0hhk.jpg

beetle_orange May 29, 2014 06:45 PM

phantom, sadly i do not think franco is no longer interested or is simply too busy.

i on the other hand have a bit on my plate but as soon as i get some time, i will tackle it again.

the additional 3 wires has to be tapped somewhere behind the pic you posted abover OR add the harness to the main radio harness.

remember, the harness that comes with the pic above ALREADY is Fuse equipped. what you and i are missing are the additional 3 wires from the main harness going to the plugs of the navigation.

Phantom-Evo-X Jun 3, 2014 04:36 PM

BT/FUSE Works on a 2008 GSR with Navi N-05

1 Attachment(s)
Ok.. I did it.!!! and can report that it works perfectly....
First my Thanks to Cerville [Beetle Orange] for keeping the thread alive and helping me as well and Primarily I will want to Thank Krushka for his posting and to Franco17 for bringing it to us as well...!

The BT/FUSE module works on a 2008 GSR/MR with the MMCS N-05.
I just finished the install and I will do write up soon from the very begining..{thumbup}
Notice the Picture with the Bluetooth Radio on the upper left corner.... {thumbup}
Pics and write up coming up!!

Phantom-Evo-X Jun 3, 2014 04:39 PM

2 more Pics

1 Attachment(s)
Here you go.. One more Pic... Mobile Phone dispalyed....
Will post more as soon as I do the write up with Beetle Orange....:)

beetle_orange Jun 3, 2014 07:38 PM

Great work, at least we finally have some concrete results. Not taking away anything from krushas work but phantoms work will be more precise on exactly where to tap.

Laza Jun 10, 2014 10:47 AM

This is a really interesting mod. You guys keep quoting the MMCS model, what specifically is the difference there? And how do I see the revision in my car?

beetle_orange Jun 11, 2014 06:25 AM

Just look in the front of the MMCS. on the bottom right hand corner is a round toggle switch. right underneath it is the model number. N-01, N-02, N-03 etc etc

Phantom-Evo-X Jun 11, 2014 07:54 AM

FUSE and MMCS

As Beetle pointed you can easily see your MMCS model on the front..
You can also take the Navi out and you should have a sticker on the top of the Navi that will tell you your model and the revision.

I am not so sure about the differences, perhaps software?
Surely I can tell you that I have tested thhis mod with the N-05 in my car and the N-02 that I have laying around and definitely is NOT working on the N-02 [FUSE that is]
BT works fine with the OLD BT module. Screen Resolution seems the same from the 02 to the 05 and when the 05 boots, has the iPod, BT, AUX and Video logos.
Not the case with the 02...
The Mod works.. I can tell you that 100% Beetle and I will post a DIY with pics I got and which wires go where... That added to Krushka's pinout and the russian community work done.. We can upgrade the MMCS to Fuse on older cars....
Let us know if there are any other questions you have! {thumbup}

Originally Posted by Laza (Post 11229622)
This is a really interesting mod. You guys keep quoting the MMCS model, what specifically is the difference there? And how do I see the revision in my car?

Laza Jun 16, 2014 08:23 AM

This'd be great! I checked and my unit is N-03. And I have the factory BT handsfree as well.

Phantom-Evo-X Jun 17, 2014 04:35 AM

N-03

@Laza...
I am not sure that the N-03 is FUSE capable.. IIRC on this thread, Krushka or someone mentioned that the N-04 and the N-05 were the FUSE enabled ones.
we can help you with the pin outs if you want to try... You will need the NEW BT unit :mitsu: P/N: 8785A025 You can get it around [eBay has them all the time].

Congratulations to Beetle O!!! He got his FUSE installed this weekend!!! {thumbup}

beetle_orange Jun 18, 2014 07:26 AM

happy to have completed this as well.

Glasstite13 Jul 23, 2014 08:23 PM

Fuse????

Are there any updates on whether this will work on a N-03? I have steering wheel controls and BT for calls, only missing FUSE, so i don't have audio streaming or a usb port for iPod control. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated i been looking around for the FUSE BT module but i would like to be sure before i pull the trigger. Thanks everyone.

Phantom-Evo-X Jul 24, 2014 09:37 AM

FUSE: Update

@Glasstite..
FUSE will work with N-04 and above, not with the N-03
I don't have an N-03 unit unfortunately.. If I did would be easy to test.
The guys in SoCal that tested with the MMCS N-03 did confirm that did not work.
There are some 4's and 5's around from time to time... keep an eye on them..

If you find one.. You will need a USB port that attaches to the NEW BT module [different from the one you have] I can send you the part number for it..

Hope it helps...

Originally Posted by Glasstite13 (Post 11264191)
Are there any updates on whether this will work on a N-03? I have steering wheel controls and BT for calls, only missing FUSE, so i don't have audio streaming or a usb port for iPod control. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated i been looking around for the FUSE BT module but i would like to be sure before i pull the trigger. Thanks everyone.

beetle_orange Jul 25, 2014 10:11 AM

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...se-lancer.html

and if you do find an N-04 or higher version you can see how it is done here.

Glasstite13 Jul 25, 2014 01:02 PM

Thanks for the input guys I appreciate the help. If possible anyone have a FUSE module I could try with? I'm just very confused because everything seems to be there I'm not sure if the Evo SE's were some mitsubishi red headed step child but... Everything is built to be there... I have BT, steering controls and the Nav of course this could have been purchased by the previous owner. I also have the cut out for the USB connection from the FUSE behind the glove box!?!?!? And that's factory no janky Dremel style hole. So is everything plug and play for me? If someone in SoCal or on the forum possibly has a FUSE they could part with temporarily to test this theory that would be great.
Thanks again guys, your progress on this thread is great!!

Phantom-Evo-X Jul 26, 2014 04:41 AM

How to:

C,
Great summary and how to DIY.!!
Appreciate the write up and the effort you put on this...
You know it could have not been done without your help!

Now.. on to other projects.... ;)
[Auto/Rain capabilities on a 2008 GSR!!!] {thumbup}

Originally Posted by beetle_orange (Post 11265424)
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...se-lancer.html

and if you do find an N-04 or higher version you can see how it is done here.

beetle_orange Jul 30, 2014 10:45 AM

yeah, lets do it :)

GOOFYGAP Aug 23, 2014 11:12 PM

Hi Guys, sorry to bring this thread but actually i am in the same page as Glasstite or at least something alike; what i have is:

- my car a 2011 Ralliart with Rockford system and FUSE

- i have the complete (everything) Navi N-03 with the Rockford system from a 2010 Lancer GTS.

from what i have read i can installed the N-03 into the 2011 RA and if i get a new Harness i would be able to use the 2011 BT module into the N-03 navi, but i will lose the FUSE; please correct me or confirm if i'm correct.

does someone knows the harness part number i need?

and also is there any way to get the 2011 fuse to work with aN-03 navi?

regards,

G.

Phantom-Evo-X Aug 24, 2014 09:46 AM

N-03 and Fuse

@GG
The MMCS N-03 does not support Fuse. The programing [and perhaps eelctronics] in the unit is not supportive of FUSE, in fact, that is FUSE.
So yes.. You will no longer have FUSE on the N-03
There is no "FUSE" box or device, but rather FUSE enabled.
In order for FUSE to work you will need an N-04 at the latest [N-05 is the latest on the MMCS N series.]
As far as the "Harness", there is no harness you just connect the wires to back of the MMCS and to the BT unit.
The connections for your current Radio will actually connect to the N-03 harness [If it came with one]
Look for info few posts above.. I believe Beetle did a great DIY..
Let us know if you still have any questions
GL GG!:thumbup:

GOOFYGAP Aug 25, 2014 06:59 AM

thanks Phantom, it looks like i will have to sell the N-03 in order to try to get an N-04 or N-05

in a couple of weeks i will put it for sale, what a bad luck, but welll (sh....t happens)
what i can do is sell the whole RF package together with the N-03 maybe i get enough
$ to get the newer Navi.

tnx.

Phantom-Evo-X Aug 26, 2014 05:55 AM

There have been a couple of units N-04 and 05 for sale... Check EVO X forums as well... You may get something for around $400 to $500
GLWS of yours!!
Actually there is a guy in Miami [i see you are close] that has one n-04 for sale
Also check with TAE in Tampa.... They get some as well...

GOOFYGAP Aug 26, 2014 08:27 PM

I will keep checking; i work in the Doral Area; so if you ever know who has one pls pm me!

regards,

baez91 Aug 28, 2015 06:25 AM

usb

but at least its there any way of have the usb port in n-02 unit? for example with the new fuse module but without the bluetooth stream?

Darren575 Jan 26, 2016 07:28 PM

I have a 2012 with base radio,with bluetooth and usb. Trying to install a 08 mmcs n-01 everything works, but I'm not getting any sound..I can't find out why?...... usb doesn't work but I'm not to worries about that, I just want to know what to do to get sound. There's no factory amp in the car.

asc11 Feb 20, 2016 10:49 PM

Install in outlander help

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I am trying to do this in my 2008 outlander. I am based in Australia so our mmcs is a little different but I would have thought the wiring harness was the same.

I have acquired a 2011 mmcs unit (A-04 here) and a new Bluetooth unit with the usb function. I have followed the instructions in the linked thread but no matter what I do I can't get the Bluetooth to work. Are the canbus wires (pin 11 and 25) required in the new plug at all? They seem to be taped together in the pictures and not used.

We still have the three big white plugs in the radio harness but instead of plugging into another harness they go straight into back of the radio.

When I press the voice button on the steering wheel it just beeps at me and nothing happens. I have spliced the new Bluetooth plug in so I still have the old one as well. I can plug my old Bluetooth unit in and it works fine with the old non mmcs head unit but it (predictably) doesn't work with the newer head unit either.

Everything else works perfectly on the new mmcs unit. It even picked up our factory rear dvd system.

Is there anyone out there who has done this on an outlander or anyone who could help me troubleshoot this one?

Gillroy Mar 14, 2016 02:11 AM

hi all does MMcs J-03 have bluetooh capability?

aclymer Mar 6, 2017 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by bong09 (Post 10248268)
Where can I get this c135 connector?

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...l#post11716682

airman32 May 15, 2017 07:33 AM

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.evo...5071af0dd1.jpg
2011 Eclipse Hands-Free system Wiring Diagram

Hi guys,
I see most of you if not all have mastered the transition from a standard Hands-free Bluetooth system to a Fuse system. I an looking to do the same on my 2011 Eclipse. There is no chatter on this conversion on the Eclipse Club4G Forum so I came here to see if someone here can help me out with this project. First of all I don't plan to use a Navi set up or want to use the USB function of the FUSE Link system. All I'm looking to do is incorporate the music streaming function of the Fuse Link system since my Vehicle is already Bluetooth ready.
I plan to build and adapter cable from my existing Bluetooth harness to the new FUSE Module which is already in hand. I have already acquired the FUSE Module and connector for that module.
Since you guys have spent more time on this please look at the schematic and let me know if this is a doable project or not.

I appreciate any help you can render on this.........

KillaYayo May 27, 2018 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by ericjai113 (Post 9694398)
I actually have the FUSE bluetooth system already wired for my 2011 GSR, all I did is just swap the 6-disc CD changer to the Navi headunit. Once you have the wiring corrected, did you have to bring it to the dealer for them to activate it using the MUT-III tool?

whats going on boss, i read your thread and I’m having a similar issue. I have a 2011 gsr equipped with Bluetooth and came with the regular radio, i just installed the N-03 navi and the navi works fine but my Bluetooth stopped working along with the up and down button on my steering wheel only when i have aux on. When i switch back to the regular radio head the Bluetooth works again, so i figure it’s a compatibility or wiring issue, what did you do to fix the issue if you got it resolved.

still.igor Feb 2, 2020 12:43 PM

Hello,

I was able to find a link where you install BT (8785A025) module into your GR 2008. In my case, I have a lancer 2009 Sportback, with the MMCS system and only Bluetooth Hands−free system. Could you please help me and tell if I need only upgrade my MMCS to the N-05 version and after it replace my old BT to the new one BT (8785A025)? Unfortunately, I was not able to find any clear guidance on how to do it https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/im...lies/frown.gif

Thank you in advance.

Cheers,

Doctor Karim Jul 10, 2021 04:57 AM

I want know wires of satellite radio mmcs N05

Originally Posted by Phantom-Evo-X (Post 11224068)
Ok.. I did it.!!! and can report that it works perfectly....
First my Thanks to Cerville [Beetle Orange] for keeping the thread alive and helping me as well and Primarily I will want to Thank Krushka for his posting and to Franco17 for bringing it to us as well...!

The BT/FUSE module works on a 2008 GSR/MR with the MMCS N-05.
I just finished the install and I will do write up soon from the very begining..{thumbup}
Notice the Picture with the Bluetooth Radio on the upper left corner.... {thumbup}
Pics and write up coming up!!

Congratulations
I have mmcs n05 and j05On my lancer 2011When i did these wires the Bluetooth and usb working properly
But i need connect wires of setallite radio Sirius
Do you know how can i connect it's wires to mmcs n05 or j05 it's have 7 wires
1-power
8-grond
4,11 canbus
I need to know 7,13,14 i don't know how connect it Thank you very much