EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   AEM EMS (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/aem-ems-99/)
-   -   What store has AEM's Lowest Prices. (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/aem-ems/104710-what-store-has-aems-lowest-prices.html)

jbenosa Oct 21, 2004 08:23 PM

What store has AEM's Lowest Prices.

Greetings,
Does anyone have suggestions on where is the lowest store on the Internet to purchase a AEM EMS? The lowest I saw while conducting my research was $ 1,550 w/o the UEGO controller (including taxes and shipping). Secondly, what purpose does the UEGO controller serve? Is this important to purchase as well or can the controller be purchased at a later date? Thanks for everyone's input, I appreciate everyone's knowledge and suggestions!

Regards,
jbenosa
Bay Area, CA.

Geo@EvoStore Oct 21, 2004 09:34 PM

The UEGO controller is wideband o2 sensor that is used to tune the AEM. It can be purchased separately. If you don't have a wideband I would recommend one anyway.

1StockEvo Oct 21, 2004 10:54 PM

I also would like to know where I can purchase the basic EMS set up with no wideband. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BadazzCR Oct 22, 2004 07:34 AM

I would buy the AEM with-out UEGO and then purchase the AEM UEGO gauge seperately and use that. ITs going to end up costing the same but atleast you will now have a gauge to watch when the laptop is not plugged in which is nice.

VTECH8TR Oct 22, 2004 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by BadazzCR
I would buy the AEM with-out UEGO and then purchase the AEM UEGO gauge seperately and use that. ITs going to end up costing the same but atleast you will now have a gauge to watch when the laptop is not plugged in which is nice.

Doug,

You have a valid point {thumbup} .

P.S. Ho'ws the car running?

BadazzCR Oct 22, 2004 07:53 AM

not running yet, doing a bunch of new custom work to it.

metaphysical Oct 23, 2004 07:12 PM

Buy mine, 1818U in the private for sale section!

Dragonfly5338 Oct 26, 2004 03:07 AM

doug is a fairy :)

BadazzCR Oct 26, 2004 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by Dragonfly5338
doug is a fairy :)

Thats it I am going to have and KICK your ARSE now.... mummkkayy. :D

So hows your mom doing? :lol:

Dragonfly5338 Oct 26, 2004 03:10 PM

Bwahahahahaaa!!!! :)

EDIT: I JUST SAW WHAT YOU DID, YOU TURD!!!!! ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!

RnR Racing Oct 26, 2004 03:48 PM

We have the AEM EMS for $1525. Let me know if you need one. Ryan

TurbotrixRacing Oct 27, 2004 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by RnR Racing
We have the AEM EMS for $1525. Let me know if you need one. Ryan

Minimum price for a 1313 box is ... 1630 .. I take it you arent an AEM dealer ? If you are you are in violation of their terms.

Mark
Turbotrix

RnR Racing Oct 27, 2004 04:33 PM

The biggest AEM dealer in the country is selling them for $1528 retail. So I don't think it's a problem.

David Buschur Dec 8, 2004 07:58 AM

Believe me, it's a problem.

Guys,

There are a lot of people selling the EMS's for cheap. Just had a guy come in here the other day with one he bought cheap. He paid $1600 for it. By the time it was all over he spent more than if he would have bought it from a good shop and got everything he needed.
There's a topic on here I started about getting what you pay for.

I will use this last customer as an example. We sell our complete AEM EMS units for $2400, this includes the following:
EMS computer with the integrated wideband controller
Wide band 02 sensor and SS bung
Air temp sensor and SS bung with the wiring pigtail
5 bar map sensor with our aluminum CNC'd map sensor bung adapter and the pigtail
Tuning for pump gas, race gas, cold start and fuel mileage.

It is a COMPLETE deal. NO other costs unless you want us to install it, that's $100 and includes welding in the SS bungs for the temp sensor and wideband.

I would highly recommend getting the integrated wide band, it makes tuning the car so much easier.

The guy that came down for example has an EMS that he thought was going to save him a ton of money. He paid $1600 for it. The EMS included the computer and a 3.5 bar map sensor. That's it.

In addition he had to buy:
map sensor adapter $32
wide band 02 sensor (he wanted tuned on race gas so he had to buy a sensor) $85
SS 02 bung $25
air temp sensor, bung and wiring $95
Tuning for two octanes of fuel, driveability etc. $500
This brought the total of what he had to spend to $2337 and still left him with no AF gauge or wide band for future tuning. With the addition of the gauge he is now going to buy he will be at $2834. Any future tunes are going to cost him more money etc.

As you can see, the cost can add up very quickly. There is more to buying an EMS than the initial bottom line.

I would really suggest you are getting a complete package when you do the upgrade.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com

sleet Dec 8, 2004 09:13 AM

^^ Yeah what he said :p