EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   AEM EMS (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/aem-ems-99/)
-   -   Ems Starting Fix For Evo Viii (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/aem-ems/125521-ems-starting-fix-evo-viii.html)

TurbotrixRacing Mar 1, 2005 08:29 AM

Ems Starting Fix For Evo Viii

Everyone having problems with the start on the evo we think we've found the cure ..

Go to setup / sensors / cam crank sensor / advanced cam/crank

Under the options pull down ..

Where it says " Tooth time min " enter 500 ms

Where it says " Sync early " check the box ..

Let me know

Mark
Turbotrix

Big thanks to jason siebels from aem ... for helping with this on going prob

EVOTEXAS Mar 1, 2005 08:32 AM

Oh man thanks! That will certainly help me later when I get an EMS! Woohoo!

Dutch Mar 1, 2005 11:35 AM

That made no difference for me...

TurbotrixRacing Mar 1, 2005 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by Dutch
That made no difference for me...

Dutch ..

try leaving the key in the one postion for about 3 sec,,then crank. Also in the engine start menu, set your fuel pump to prime for 3-5 sec. Try that ,,, what i noticed is ..it will take about 1 sec to sync for about 6 trys ..then on the 7th or 8th ..it will go back to 4 sec ... let me know

Mark
Turbotrix

bs Mar 1, 2005 08:07 PM

Works awesome!!!! I was already fairly happy with my start up as it would start after 4 or 5 turns and then come to idle perfectly even in cold conditions, but with this now it starts on the first crank!!! Sweet!

bs Mar 2, 2005 09:27 AM

For what it's worth I think this is more of a fine tuning detail. If your initial crank and warmup maps aren't set up near perfectly then this won't really help all that much with start up in my opinion. The AEM has taken a little while to tweek the driveability, but I can honestly say that the car has at least as good if not better than stock driveability. :)

GTVEVO Mar 2, 2005 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by bs
For what it's worth I think this is more of a fine tuning detail. If your initial crank and warmup maps aren't set up near perfectly then this won't really help all that much with start up in my opinion.

I think you are exactly correct. You can maximize your startup crank by having all of the maps fine tuned in correctly first. But this will probably help along the way in addition, you just can beat good free information though so thanks for that!

pwerks May 10, 2005 02:04 AM

These settings definitely can make a difference. Go ahead and try it everyone, just be sure to tune your maps well first.

Dave

awddyno Sep 6, 2005 08:29 PM

I've tried this setting. Sometimes it starts in three crank rotation, sometimes six. Kinda annoying.

VTECH8TR Sep 6, 2005 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by awddyno
I've tried this setting. Sometimes it starts in three crank rotation, sometimes six. Kinda annoying.
I tried something that works but I'm not sure yet what it does to overall timing.
Sync Crank S Count --- ON
Sync Teeth --- 0
It starts right away but would this change anything else?

I don't know what that setting does, but with the options stated above my car now turns over in 2 turns 99% of the time. The Fuel and timing tables have to be setup pretty darn well to get the car to turn over easily.

awddyno Sep 13, 2005 09:40 PM

new setting works for me, I've been driving on it for a week, and always has quick start up.
its a little different than what I originally posted. But noones interested since all your cars already have quick start up.

sterdyevo Sep 18, 2005 04:17 PM

EVO 8 HARD TO START AEM EMS 1313U WITH 3.5 BAR MAP SENSOR. Go to setup / sensors / cam crank sensor / advanced cam/crank

DID NOT HELP ANY OTHER IDEA

forbidden color Jul 19, 2006 07:19 AM

any idea on fixing my cold start?

it goes from 1500 rpm drops down to 500rpm, goes up and down until the engine warms up...

I don't know which setting this is doing..

AndyBandy Nov 6, 2006 04:26 AM

worked for me!!! Thanks TT

32 psi daily Dec 8, 2006 11:14 AM

cold start fix:

Let me know

Mark
Turbotrix
+ more fuel at warm up enrichment
+ Optima red top battery

that seem to work fairely well.