EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   AEM EMS (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/aem-ems-99/)
-   -   Need help (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/aem-ems/739679-need-help.html)

naseem razzaq May 1, 2017 03:26 AM

Need help

Recently finished with installing aem 1313u in Evo 5. When I try to start the car as per given wiring by aem it backfires and never starts. While if I reverse the ignition coil wires on the ecu it starts like normal and even revs ok.im just concerned cuz ignition coil 1 is running from ignition coil 2 signal and ignition coil 2 is running from ignition coil 1 signal but engine starts normal and revs normal ive checked setting in aem pro as well and still can't figure out and if I put a stock ecu on this wiring it doesn't start and I have to wire them like they r supposed to and it starts on stock ecu

MasterNater May 3, 2017 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by naseem razzaq (Post 11734868)
Recently finished with installing aem 1313u in Evo 5. When I try to start the car as per given wiring by aem it backfires and never starts. While if I reverse the ignition coil wires on the ecu it starts like normal and even revs ok.im just concerned cuz ignition coil 1 is running from ignition coil 2 signal and ignition coil 2 is running from ignition coil 1 signal but engine starts normal and revs normal ive checked setting in aem pro as well and still can't figure out and if I put a stock ecu on this wiring it doesn't start and I have to wire them like they r supposed to and it starts on stock ecu

Hmmm...that's a strange one. After looking at the ECU pinout and instructions for the AEM 1313, pin 10 is for coil #1 and pin 23 is for coil #2. Those pin assignments are identical between the Evo V and Evo VIII, and since the AEM EMS is designed to be plug and play for the VIII, there shouldn't be any issues there. As you said, everything works when using the stock ECU.

Have you sync'd the ignition timing on the AEM? That's the only thing I can think of.

Cogito Jun 30, 2017 07:26 AM

Increase/decrease trigger offset by 180 degrees, for wasted spark ignition.

cchapa089 Sep 11, 2017 08:26 AM

i have a 2003 evo 8 and im looking for a aem series 1 and cant seem to find one for a decent price, probably a long shot but if anyone has one for sale or knows where i can find one without paying a arm and leg please let me know.

shutterboy10 Sep 14, 2017 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by cchapa089 (Post 11771217)
i have a 2003 evo 8 and im looking for a aem series 1 and cant seem to find one for a decent price, probably a long shot but if anyone has one for sale or knows where i can find one without paying a arm and leg please let me know.

i got one, i could give you good price

cchapa089 Sep 16, 2017 10:17 AM

how much are you looking for to get rid of it?