EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   AEM EMS (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/aem-ems-99/)
-   -   AEM infinity with kiggly 12T crank trigger. (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/aem-ems/762172-aem-infinity-kiggly-12t-crank-trigger.html)

Innovation-USA Sep 22, 2021 09:29 AM

AEM infinity with kiggly 12T crank trigger.

Hi, so I am need of a little bit of help with this new setup using the AEM infinity and the kiggly 12T crank trigger. New motor is primed and ready to fire but setup for the new crank tigger is what I need help with. In the setup I changed the cam/crank setup to a
(crank 12t hall and cam 1t hall) is this correct?

If so when else am I needed to do before she will fire and start? sync state is green and she will fire but won’t stay running. What else am I missing so she will stay running so I can sync the timing and do the initial break in for this new block?

Lumpy Sticks Sep 22, 2021 12:28 PM

What are you using for the base map? If you are using the one AEM supplies, it is so far off it wont stay running on its own. Did you go through and set up all the other sensors to match what is on the engine, especially the injectors? How long does it run for and can you keep it running by cracking the throttle open?

Innovation-USA Sep 22, 2021 12:34 PM

so the ecu already has a base map. I was already tuning the ecu with the same setup that is in the car now only differences is the motor is a built block over a stock block. Also the crank sensor is now a 12t crank trigger not a stock 2t. I had got the car running she will stay running but sounds like crap like not running on all cylinders.

Originally Posted by Lumpy Sticks (Post 11941708)
What are you using for the base map? If you are using the one AEM supplies, it is so far off it wont stay running on its own. Did you go through and set up all the other sensors to match what is on the engine, especially the injectors? How long does it run for and can you keep it running by cracking the throttle open?

Innovation-USA Sep 22, 2021 12:40 PM

The injectors and all other sensors are already set in the ecu long story short car was being tuned about a month ago and cylinder 3 let go of the ringland! That was on a stock block and stock crank trigger. The difference now is a kiggly 12t trigger and a new built block everything else is the same.

Lumpy Sticks Sep 22, 2021 04:27 PM

Did you sync the crank/cam yet? It may be far enough off to cause it to run that bad. Based on your first post it sounds like you didnt.

Innovation-USA Sep 22, 2021 04:37 PM

Yeah, timing is synced at *5 and she is starting to idle but I know she needs more help.

Lumpy Sticks Sep 22, 2021 05:02 PM

Check your PM.

tunermt Jan 28, 2022 06:26 AM

Did you get the car sorted out yet?

Innovation-USA Jan 28, 2022 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by tunermt (Post 11948318)
Did you get the car sorted out yet?

Yeah, everything is good to go know it’s a long story but she runs. Desmond over at performance destination is the tuner for this setup.