Notices

Hot Evos and other hot cars sightings in Philippines

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2007, 02:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mga dude sa pinas!........ what is the fastest 1/4 mile time of evo8 or 9 there? Coz here is 8 sec from AMS. Just wondering if we pinoy are faster than them............
Old Feb 21, 2007, 03:48 PM
Evolved Member

One thing though with us Pinoys here is that we are quite sick of dragging Evos (im sure you would agree with me that we had Evos here since 1997). Hondas still remain as the ultimate drag car. There is so much potential in Evos other than that being a drag car. So we tune them as both a drag car and a circuit car. Though with the better technologies of the Evo like ACD/SAYC, we would love seeing the Evos beat Porsches around BRC.

Also, heres another trivia. Didnt you know the Autoplus Evo VI TME, with all its 615whp, is being used daily in Binondo's traffic? I'm sure alam mo naman ang traffic sa Binondo. Yet, when it comes to the strip, it went low 10s. It was a complete balance of a street and race car, built for Philippine conditions.

Last edited by rawandbruteEVO; Feb 21, 2007 at 03:55 PM.
Old Feb 21, 2007, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by rawandbruteEVO
At least we still get the most important stuff needed in a race car, SAYC/ACD. Try tracking it and you will feel the difference as against the US models. The Euro RS2 is cheaper than the USDM MR, buit defintely a better performer. Though if you want comfort right away and not the hassle of buying a headunit, seats, etc, get a USDM MR. Though 400k difference just for those minus SAYC, i dont think the US models would be worth it.
its not worth it.. id rather use that 400k to purchase performance parts & make my evo go like a road runner.. beep beep.. the RS2 is lighter & faster compared to the MR... REV UP guys!
Old Feb 22, 2007, 03:53 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jsherwin_Evo8
its not worth it.. id rather use that 400k to purchase performance parts & make my evo go like a road runner.. beep beep.. the RS2 is lighter & faster compared to the MR... REV UP guys!
400k will buy you a new turbokit by HKS RS2 is definitely lighter and faster than the US Spec MR. It is a ready race built car. I purchased my Evo 5 without aircon and a headunit. seems like the first owner wanted to keep its rawness. Difference with me is that I hate garage queens.
Old Feb 22, 2007, 11:03 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Man!!! That Carrera GT sounds so fookin GOOOOOOOOOOOOOD! I love that Boxer engine sound...

Hmmm.. must be why I miss my Impreza sometimes... that boxer engine sound...

and hell ya... garage queens = boring. I know a few evo owners who don't drive their cars except drag racing and on sunny days. F that! I'm glad I don't hang out with peeps like that.

Damn.. that reminds me my daily driver is sooo damn dirty from all the snow, salt and rain! It needs a good wash!
Old Feb 22, 2007, 04:33 PM

yah me too i hate garage queens.. cut your evo loose & let her fly.. yeah baby!
Old Feb 22, 2007, 06:38 PM
Evolved Member

Garage Queens and Drag Queens (only used in drags). Thats why my car uses such mods, coz putting in a super big turbo like a GT42 or GT40 will only result to me enjoying 650+whp on upper RPM ranges, di na bale. I would rather have lower power but enjoying all of them at mid range RPM and not for drag but in the circuit also. more thrills!
Old Feb 22, 2007, 06:44 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by rsboy
Man!!! That Carrera GT sounds so fookin GOOOOOOOOOOOOOD! I love that Boxer engine sound...

Hmmm.. must be why I miss my Impreza sometimes... that boxer engine sound...

and hell ya... garage queens = boring. I know a few evo owners who don't drive their cars except drag racing and on sunny days. F that! I'm glad I don't hang out with peeps like that.

Damn.. that reminds me my daily driver is sooo damn dirty from all the snow, salt and rain! It needs a good wash!
yeah, give ur rides an additional 1000km every month. saw the pic of the ultra rare Lola GT? damn that has 600bhp stock. perfectly restored.
Old Feb 22, 2007, 06:51 PM
Evolved Member

Man I wish i can bring my evo 8 sa pinas! i heard from my bro that u can buy jap cars in Subic! is that right?
Old Feb 22, 2007, 07:05 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evovin
Man I wish i can bring my evo 8 sa pinas! i heard from my bro that u can buy jap cars in Subic! is that right?
In subic, its all RHD converted to LHD = not reliable.

Evo sold in dealerships is the Evo 9 RS2 Euro spec original LHD with ACD/SAYC and rear bumper with diffusers. Together with other importers here like Auto Gallery and Auto Trend.

GTRs are obviously imported from Japan but there are some shops here that can convert them properly.

Evos mas napapansin pa ren ang mga CP9A
Old Feb 22, 2007, 07:07 PM
Evolved Member

how much they are selling the evo 9's in peso?
Old Feb 22, 2007, 07:08 PM
Evolved Member

wher u from pare sa pinas? i was from paranaque before!
Old Feb 22, 2007, 07:11 PM
Evolved Member

last time i came there i raced in samsung pdrf battle of the bay 2002! (Blanche Racing is my team)
Old Feb 22, 2007, 07:11 PM
Evolved Member

i love carrera gt's so hot....thats the next car after the evo....
Old Feb 22, 2007, 07:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sick pics...

Quick Reply: Hot Evos and other hot cars sightings in Philippines