Notices

Hong Kong Evos

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2017, 03:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hong Kong Evos

I new to Hong Kong, considering buying an Evo.

Does anyone know the best place to find one? There doesn't seem to be a dominant online classifieds for cars in HK.

thanks

Simon
Old Oct 31, 2017, 08:01 AM

Hi, I recommend 28 car - it is the dominant online platform for cars, but it is in Chinese. It is quite easy to navigate around though once you get used to the buttons! Let me know if I can help more!
Old Nov 6, 2017, 04:58 AM

Thanks @Eddie-EvoIV

I've seen a few EVO-III's on 28 car. It's a bit hard for me to understand all the details; take this one for example;

http://www.28car.com/sell_dsp.php?h_...8245270&h_vw=y

It looks like a; 1995 EVO III, done about 77000k (from photo), the rest I cannot tell, is it GSR or RS?

I presume its had first rego paid as it has the number plate blanked out in the photos. I cannot tell much else about it.

I guess I would be interested in its history, whether the owner has the original Japan auction report etc.

Then you have this one;

http://www.28car.com/sell_dsp.php?h_...0453536&h_vw=y

Double the price, looks very clean.

Another alternative would be to try and get one from Auction in Japan, for that I would need to find someone to assist in bringing to Hong Kong.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 04:30 AM

Hi,

Wow - the first one looks in fantastic condition (from the photos). Yes, it seems to say it is registered in HK which means it has had the import tax paid, but it doesn't say how much time is left on the vehicle licence until it would need to go for the annual inspection (which isn't a big deal anyway). Difficult to tell much info from it - that's one problem with 28car, it really limits the number of characters you can use in the description, so it isn't always that the seller is hiding details. $120,000 seems to be about the current rate for the III, and it does look in very good condition. If you were going to view it, you might like to find out when it came to HK (if it was imported used from Japan) and if they have the import record (which will have a letter grading on it, telling you the condition when it left Japan). You can also ask the number of "hands" or owners, which it will also say on the HK Vehicle Registration Document (VRD).

The second one is really expensive! In the description below it says "0 hands" which means 1 owner. It isn't a private seller though, it is a company called Contempo Concept. Their webpage is down, but their Facebook page is up and I found the car on there, they have a few other evo's on there too. I guess these ones are positioned more as collector cars (don't know if they are actually in that good condition though) rather than daily drives...

Looks exciting though! Dunno if you browsed on 28car by the official name or just for "Evo". Here is the page for Evo if that helps: http://www.28car.com/sell_dsp.php?h_...0453536&h_vw=y

Let me know how it goes!
Old Nov 7, 2017, 04:36 AM

Another alternative would be to try and get one from Auction in Japan, for that I would need to find someone to assist in bringing to Hong Kong.[/QUOTE]

For this I don't really know much about it, apart from the tax can be quite a lot... but I recomend you check out the Classic Car Club in HK either on their website or on the FB group. There was an article I read about a month ago about the things to watch out for when importing a classic car into HK- was very useful. You can also ask the guys on the FB group as they do import cars.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 02:00 PM

Thanks for the tip re: Classic Car Club HK. Ill check them out.

I don't suppose you know an insurance broker that would be able to provide insurance?
Old Nov 16, 2017, 04:07 AM

Hi,

I do! Full disclosure: its my friend!

But yeah you can contact him - I'll pm you his email.