Notices

PCA Autocross #4 07/01/2012

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2012, 12:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ok gotcha. For some reason I thought they ran SCCA classing and only 4 runs.

that video is awesome!!!

Jeremy I need a ride in the beast soon. I haven't been in it since the upgrades

Last edited by justin81; Jul 3, 2012 at 01:52 PM.
Old Jul 3, 2012, 02:42 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by justin81
ok gotcha. For some reason I thought they ran SCCA classing and only 4 runs.

that video is awesome!!!

Jeremy I need a ride in the beast soon. I haven't been in it since the upgrades
Sometimes 10 runs, sometimes only 8. This time just 7. But there are the Porsche classes 1 through 7 then the 3 classes like NTAX.

Sure man. You have to come out though. Next event this weekend. SCCA bus lot.
Old Jul 3, 2012, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by Evo_Someday
Of course - yes - it's all just theory. But next time I'll be sure to run both morning and afternoon and then it won't be theory anymore. I'll admit if I'm wrong but I don't think I'll have to.

No doubt you did well given the circumstances of the tires. You should know I think of you as a good driver and trust your abilities to have let you codrive my car at two events last year. To be honest, I thought you were going to drop in to the 49s this Sunday so that should give you an insite in to how I consider your capabilities and your car.

I do believe my car is an SM class killer in at least the regional level. I've done a lot of work to it this year and I've seen it in the hands of drivers more capable than myself and watched it place first in PAX by almost half a second. As for nationals, yeah it might be out gunned. But that's another story. I said I was nationals bound.. not bound to win nationals.
My car didn't have a 49 in it, there just wasn't enough grip to take advantage of the momentum sections where the car shines. Thomas ran a raw 50.4 but picked up a few cones in the long slalom.

Your car is definitely fast, it was fast when I drove it last year (thanks again BTW) and I'm sure it's faster now with the changes you made. All I was saying is making a FTD proclamation by over 1 second is a pretty bold claim. Your signature made it sound like you were going to clean up at nationals and that is a VERY tough crowd but I'm sure you'll do well and wish you the best of luck though.

Last edited by CosmosMpower; Jul 3, 2012 at 03:01 PM.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by WORD
KenO's on race tires so that's up to you and Kent, Jeremy.
Not an issue. :-)
What do you mean dunno?

But Im confident in saying, and I hope I may do so without sounding boastful, that had I run in the afternoon as well, I would have taken FTD back by no less than one full second. I say this based on previos event results.
Wow the internet has some fun little places to play. I didn't know I was so well loved.

Ok, I'll be your Huckleberry. Hmmm, taken FTD back by a second. I don't know about that one and I guess we will never know. But I seem to recall the event one week later at TMS. You were right it was by a second but in the opposite direction.

Carry on.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 07:19 PM
Evolved Member

Hey Ken O!!
Old Jul 18, 2012, 08:47 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ken o
Wow the internet has some fun little places to play. I didn't know I was so well loved.

Ok, I'll be your Huckleberry. Hmmm, taken FTD back by a second. I don't know about that one and I guess we will never know. But I seem to recall the event one week later at TMS. You were right it was by a second but in the opposite direction.

Carry on.
Just 'cause I'm out to beat you doesn't mean I don't love ya!

Yeah, I seem to recall I was on the wrong side of that 1 second lead last event. I'll withhold my excuses and focus on self improvement. Next time, right?

As for the one second lead I was gunning for and referring to a few weeks ago, I was just hoping to replicate the previous NTAX event raw time gap between us http://www.s2000.org/nts2koc/autox/2012_0512.htm -- only without the cone.

Last edited by Evo_Someday; Jul 18, 2012 at 08:57 PM.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 05:07 AM
Evolved Member

Battle royale!!!
Old Sep 2, 2012, 08:48 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ken o

Carry on.
Just 'cause I'm out to beat you doesn't mean I don't love ya!

Yeah, I seem to recall I was on the wrong side of that 1 second lead last event. I'll withhold my excuses and focus on self improvement. Next time, right?

As for the one second lead I was gunning for and referring to a few weeks ago, I was just hoping to replicate the previous NTAX event raw time gap between us http://www.s2000.org/nts2koc/autox/2012_0512.htm -- only without the cone.