Notices
Automotosports - Illinois Automotosports is a Chicago based tuner specializing in 4G63T performance. With an in-house fabrication facility and engineers on staff, they will be bringing you the best in Lancer Evolution parts.

Thanks to AMS for the win at Import Tuner Evo vs. Sti Shootout

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2007, 06:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks to AMS for the win at Import Tuner Evo vs. Sti Shootout

I'm not sure I've given the proper thanks to Martin, Justin, Eric, and Rich for their role in our joint victory in the Street Tire class at the Import Tuner Shootout. So, here I go:

AMS Parts: Thank you AMS for choosing an affordable combination for your stroker motor: Eagle rods, AMS customized Ross pistons, rings, and bearings. Your 2.3 has been in my car for 22,000 miles and has survived all forms of torture: thousands of cold starts, road races, drag races, joy rides, and stop and go traffic in 110 degree heat on LA freeways. It is a great motor (thanks to TTech for machining and putting it together right). I can't wait to install your VSR Intake Mani (been on my self since March) and my AMS brake duct kit.

Martin: for the guy running the whole show, I can't believe how freakin' cool you are. You have tremendous leadership skills and the continuous improvement of AMS is a direct result of your vision and ability to put the right people in the right positions and your trust in them to do a great job. Paul told me to call you to get the 411 on the event. I called you and emailed you several times. You always answered and never seemed rushed to help sort out what we needed to do to get the car ready. During the event, you took the time to offer your advice and assistance. I really value the mutual friendship between you, Alfred, AMS, Tuning Tech, and myself.

Justin: Although your primary focus was to prep the the TA1, you were consistently helpful for the entire event. You offered us motor oil, SRF brake fluid, advice on our aero treatments, and ideas on alignment mods. You never seemed stressed regardless of how busy you were: How do you do that?

Eric: Made absolutely sure that we got our event Hankook tire order in and that it was correct. Hankook made a few mistakes, but not with us. Also thanks for taking care of the registration forms, and the quick delivery of a few last second items.

Rich: Just like the other AMS guys - Focused and unassuming. You rocked with the cameras and video. Chris, you know you've got a couple of nice shots of my car - c'mon man, give 'em up! post them here.

Paul Gerrard: I don't know what it is, but my car may never be perfect, but it always holds together for you. You've taken it to a 2nd place at Cal Speedway Redline TA in the Modified Class and now these two first places. Thanks. I can gaurantee you that one of my next mods will be to visit your Jim Russell Racing School to improve my own skills. (It is about time.) If I can ever help with a group buy or anything, you know I'm there for you.

Finally, here are the three result sheets:

Fastest lap of the five lap battle:

Times of all five laps:

Single fastest lap competition:

Sorry about not running bigger AMS stickers, but they are there, on all four corners,

The bling:

I'm sure most of you have already checked it out, but the full writeup can be found here: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=306679

Last edited by Smogrunner; Nov 21, 2007 at 06:23 PM.