Notices
Automotosports - Illinois Automotosports is a Chicago based tuner specializing in 4G63T performance. With an in-house fabrication facility and engineers on staff, they will be bringing you the best in Lancer Evolution parts.

AMS / NOS Energy Drink Time Attack EVO X Wins Redline Time Attack Nashville.

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2009, 08:48 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMS / NOS Energy Drink Time Attack EVO X Wins Redline Time Attack Nashville.

AMS NOS Energy Drink Time Attack EVO X Wins Redline Time Attack Nashville
and Breaks the Track Record!

6/26/09
Nashville, TN

In its first outing the AMS/NOS Energy Drink EVO X was able to secure a second place finish operating on low boost. With more testing under their belt and more power on tap, the team looked to make an even stronger showing at the Redline Time Attack at the Nashville Super Speedway.

Competing in the Unlimited AWD class in itself proves to be a challenge. When competing with world-class teams like Sierra Sierra Enterprises, it becomes even more difficult. This would be the first time the two teams had met. Many have suspected these two cars would be the two to watch this season. Both teams have a great deal of experience in racing and both were campaigning very well-built EVO’s so it was sure to be a dog fight.

Saturday’s practice went as expected with both teams gradually getting quicker and quicker as the day went on. The conditions were hot but the skies were clear for the day’s events. Back and forth, AMS and Sierra Sierra traded the fastest laps; each team within mere tenths of a second of each other. At the end of the day, it was the AMS/NOS Energy Drink EVO X piloted by Mark Daddio that had the fastest lap in class and for the day with a 1:02.7 besting the Sierra Sierra car by only two tenths of a second. The stage was set for Sunday.

Sunday morning rolled in and the weather wasn’t as kind. Rain had pounded the track overnight and into the morning. Teams were putting on their rain tires and getting ready for unfavorable conditions. Luckily the rain passed over, but even with the track still damp, AMS laid down an even faster time. Sierra Sierra was up to the task too as they also bested Saturday’s times. By the end of the practice sessions, the AMS/NOS Energy Drink EVO X had claimed the number one qualifier spot with a 1:00.994 lap - the only team of the day to break into the one minute category. Sierra was not far behind posting a 1.01.3 second lap so both teams entered into competition with just over three tenths of a second separating them!

It was do or die time! With the heat and sun rolling in, the track conditions were only going to get worse throughout the day. All competitors knew the first session would be the one to post the fastest lap. The AMS/NOS Energy Drink EVO X took the number one position in grid. In the first round, AMS charged around the bank clearly on a mission to lay down a fast lap. As it rounded the final bend, Mark Daddio sailed across the finish with a time of 1:01.296 - breaking the track record for a lap in competition at the Nashville Super Speedway by nearly 2.5 seconds! Unfortunately Sierra Sierra suffered some rear end issues and were not able to compete. The AMS/NOS Energy Drink EVO X was able to take home the first place finish in the Unlimited AWD class - winning the Unlimited Class overall and taking the overall win for Round 4 of the Redline Time Attack series!

With the overall win and with AMS sponsored driver Ryan Gates taking home a commanding 1st place finish in the Modified Class, AMS was able to win every class they entered!

The AMS/NOS Energy Drink Time Attack EVO’s next stop is Round 5 of the Redline Time Attack series at Carolina Motorsports Park on August 8th and 9th. Be sure to check out AMS as they try for back to back wins and bring even MORE power to the table for Round 5!

AMS would like to take time out to thank our generous sponsors whom without their support TA-X would not be possible:

For more images from the event please visit the official AMS Performance gallery here:

http://www.amsperformance.com/galler...2_itemId=19617

Last edited by Mark@AMS; Jul 30, 2009 at 09:02 AM.
Old Jul 30, 2009, 09:31 AM
Evolving Member

Congrats to the whole team. You guys are doing a great job with everything.

(building, racing, sponsoring other drivers, running a top notch business, and keeping the whole world up to date with all your accomplishments)

AMS #1
Old Jul 30, 2009, 09:31 AM
Former Sponsor

Awesome!
Old Jul 30, 2009, 09:41 AM
Evolving Member

What was up with that TC with the double wing setup? Never seen that done before. I'm not quite sure if that's really cool or really stupid lookin.
Old Jul 30, 2009, 09:43 AM
Former Sponsor

Regardless of how it looks, it works. That TC broke the lap record for their class at the last race if I recall correctly.
Old Jul 30, 2009, 10:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
EXCELLENT, GREAT, SUPER...........I can't thank you enough for laying the smack down and winning this event in the Unlimited AWD Class. Thank you, thank you, thank you! You couldn't have made me happier with this particular win.
Old Jul 30, 2009, 10:16 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by davidbuschur
EXCELLENT, GREAT, SUPER...........I can't thank you enough for laying the smack down and winning this event in the Unlimited AWD Class. Thank you, thank you, thank you! You couldn't have made me happier with this particular win.
You know they were the only Unlimited AWD car entered in the time attack.

Congrats to AMS for destroying the track record then again I would have been upset if it wasn't.
Old Jul 30, 2009, 10:21 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mishimoto
Regardless of how it looks, it works. That TC broke the lap record for their class at the last race if I recall correctly.
I hear ya, good point.
Old Jul 30, 2009, 10:22 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Well thank you Dave!

Eric
Old Jul 30, 2009, 10:43 AM
Evolving Member

Wow, better make sure someone didn't refill the candy jar with Prozac!!

Last edited by markdaddio; Jul 30, 2009 at 11:01 AM.
Old Jul 30, 2009, 10:58 AM
Evolved Member

Congrats to all the guys on the win...it's nice to see everything working well together on the car and on the team.

Nice driving Mark!
Old Jul 30, 2009, 11:20 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by BlackTrack
Congrats to all the guys on the win...it's nice to see everything working well together on the car and on the team.

Nice driving Mark!

Thanks Ryan. Nice drivin by you also, and congrats on your win. I am really happy with how the first two events have gone with this car. For a new build, out of the box, I am impressed. Justin, Ivan, Chris, Martin and all the guys at the shop are to be commended on the quality and attention to detail in the building of this car. We are running against a professional race team in Sierra Sierra, and making a very good showing of it. Aside from a few teething problems at the first event, the car did not miss a beat at Nashville, and is just a blast to drive. I can't wait for CMP next weekend, with a bit more power, and hopefully more competition in addition to Sierra Sierra, it is shaping up to be a great weekend.

Oh and Dave, why don't you come on down and give it a go? Its easy to go fast. Just make sure you press the pedal down all the way. lol
Old Jul 30, 2009, 01:00 PM
Evolved Member

A driver of Mark Daddio's caliber could have probably piloted a Geo Metro to the winner's circle.
Old Jul 30, 2009, 01:53 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SloRice
A driver of Mark Daddio's caliber could have probably piloted a Geo Metro to the winner's circle.

Uummmmmmmmmmm. NOT!

but funny none the less.
Old Jul 31, 2009, 09:00 AM

Congratulations AMS First place on the second outing.

Why isnt the Blue demon racing in this past competitions and what happen to the other New EVO-X. that was build in 2 months or something.

Quick Reply: AMS / NOS Energy Drink Time Attack EVO X Wins Redline Time Attack Nashville.