Notices
Automotosports - Illinois Automotosports is a Chicago based tuner specializing in 4G63T performance. With an in-house fabrication facility and engineers on staff, they will be bringing you the best in Lancer Evolution parts.

ALPHA Omega 1/2 mile GT-R Speed Record, 60-130 record and 0-186 Record **RECAP AND VI

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2013, 12:08 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ALPHA Omega 1/2 mile GT-R Speed Record, 60-130 record and 0-186 Record **RECAP AND VI

Recently we had the pleasure of taking our ALPHA OMEGA GT-R to the WannaGoFast 1/2 mile event in Chicago. The event went off without a hitch and the turnout was Fantastic! AMS / ALPHA Performance brought a fleet of cars with the headliner of course being OMEGA. OMEGA has seen some changes in the past couple months that we will be releasing to the public soon. This event was the first time we were going to be able to test these updates and we were very pleased with the outcome.

Saturday started with some warmer and slightly humid temps along with a nasty crosswind. Chris loaded her up with a medium boost file and Ivan set out to stage up. On his first pass Ivan was able to clock off a 208.9mph run breaking the current GT-R 1/2 record by a healthy margin. With temps getting a bit warmer and rain on the horizon we decided it was best to save OMEGA for the following day.

Sunday's weather proved to be dramatically different than Saturday. The previous crosswind was gone but it was replaced by an equally strong if not stronger one blowing in the opposite direction. Temps dipped into the low 50's and the wind chill was making our WannaGoFast Georgia natives not too happy to be in Chicago. Despite the less than ideal weather Chris loaded OMEGA up with a few more PSI to see if the runway would take it. Ivan once again suited up and slowly crept up to the staging lanes. The standing rule of no spectators at the edge of the grass seemed to be on hold as everyone on the grounds gathered to see what OMEGA would do. As the tree dropped Ivan unleashed the Syvecs launch control and away she went, her *** end wagging back and forth. As she crossed the stripe the seconds before the speed announcement seemed to drag on forever. Finally the WannaGoFast announcer bellows out "AMS breaks the record, 214MPH!!" and a new GT-R 1/2 mile and WannaGoFast record was set.

Knowing we plan on taking OMEGA to the track in the next few days we made the decision to save her for the 1/4 mile. We had hoped on breaking the GT-R record but we honestly didn't think we could of done it in that fashion with so much still on the table.

It was not until Monday that we had time to break down our Vbox data. To our surprise OMEGA not only broke the GT-R 1/2 mile record but it broke the overall 60-130 and 0-186 (0-300kph) Times posting a 3.00 second 60-130 and a 10.1 second 0-186! Both achievements just as important if not more so than the 214.04 1/2 mile record!

To say we are excited to get OMEGA back to the track is an understatement. Our latest changes proved wildly successful and we are confident they will translate into great things on the strip. Thank you sincerely to all of our sponsors, customers, followers and supporters. Without your dedication to our company we would not be where we are today.

Enjoy the video

Old Jun 6, 2013, 05:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 126 Likes on 121 Posts
That is awesome guys! You keep on producing even more amazing results day after day, I am thoroughly impressed although I can't say I'm surprised.

I saw a GTR with an AMS FMIC poking out the front parked the other day so I had to go over to chat with the guy. Low and behold, it was an Alpha 9. Now I love my evo and will never get rid of it, but after chatting with the guy for a while and witnessing the sheer power of that thing, I must say it's hard to stop dreaming about GTR's right now.

Anyway, I just wanted to share that story as reading this and watching that video reminded me of it. Congratulations, you guys rock! Keep the products and innovation coming and I'm sure you guys will continue to dominate.
Old Jun 10, 2013, 07:19 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thank you for the kind words.

The GTR is a great platform capable of producing reliable power and we will continue to push the envelop with it. We also continue to produce our tried and trued parts for the Evo platforms everyday