Notices

New owner of SE AWD 2013

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2017, 07:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New owner of SE AWD 2013

Hello well few years back I had a 09 GTS I knew the kind of engine I was getting and how it behaves so I decided it to give the SE a try because of AWD and living in NY our weather can get crazy sometimes (rain and snow). I been driving my SE in AWD lock and well I feel grounded it feels really good I know is not good for gas mileage , but I don't care at this point since i'm averaging low 20's MPG . I was thinking of a Ralliart , but man the price of that transmission if it goes bad would be really expensive . I haven't do much to the car since i got it 3 weeks ago I just tinted the windows change the radio and speakers as for my next upgrade/mod I was thinking about getting a better exhaust nothing too loud . Have any if you guys change their wheels ? I was thinking about getting new rims I really like the rims of the se 2017 , but if any of you have any recommendations or experience let me know .
Old Feb 18, 2019, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by tonyv13
Hello well few years back I had a 09 GTS I knew the kind of engine I was getting and how it behaves so I decided it to give the SE a try because of AWD and living in NY our weather can get crazy sometimes (rain and snow). I been driving my SE in AWD lock and well I feel grounded it feels really good I know is not good for gas mileage , but I don't care at this point since i'm averaging low 20's MPG . I was thinking of a Ralliart , but man the price of that transmission if it goes bad would be really expensive . I haven't do much to the car since i got it 3 weeks ago I just tinted the windows change the radio and speakers as for my next upgrade/mod I was thinking about getting a better exhaust nothing too loud . Have any if you guys change their wheels ? I was thinking about getting new rims I really like the rims of the se 2017 , but if any of you have any recommendations or experience let me know .
So it been almost 2 years lol and not a single recommendation XD and perhaps I made a mistake bought set of Evo gsr rims (2015) and first the rear tires were rubbing a lot. Got my rear fenders rolled and now it doesn't do it unless I have 2 passengers in the back then it becomes a problem again. So Ill be selling that set of rims just found a set of 2014 lancer ralliart stock rims for sale my question is would those be fine? My SE came with 16's I just want 18's.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by tonyv13
So it been almost 2 years lol and not a single recommendation XD and perhaps I made a mistake bought set of Evo gsr rims (2015) and first the rear tires were rubbing a lot. Got my rear fenders rolled and now it doesn't do it unless I have 2 passengers in the back then it becomes a problem again. So Ill be selling that set of rims just found a set of 2014 lancer ralliart stock rims for sale my question is would those be fine? My SE came with 16's I just want 18's.
I think its the SE model part of it all. Ive been searching for upgrades & others who have done what they could with the SE model but if its not a turbo model/evo there doesn't seem to be much out there. Also the SE has small differences such as exhausts wont just bolt up even though fitment says they are compatible. As far as rims go, Id cut in the middle & go with a 17. Saves on your MPG, gives more room so your not rubbing ect and you wont have to adjust for any suspension issues. I cant comment to much of rim choice or experience but what I came across was people who mainly did rims & suspension at the same time which offers a lot more options then just putting rims on, hence why above Id recommend 17s even though you should be able to safely go to most 18s. Hope you get more info then Ive come across in 3 years.