Notices

AWD SE MT Swap

Old Feb 15, 2019, 12:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AWD SE MT Swap

I was wondering if an EVO GSR tranny would be able to fit in the AWD.......obviously fab work would need to be done to get the clutch pedal and master cylinder to fit. But what else would i need to do to get the GSR tranny to fit
Old Feb 21, 2019, 08:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Probably need to replace the rear subframe as well with the evo one. I really wish they offered this with a manual from the factory!!!
Old Feb 26, 2019, 03:42 PM

I don't have the best 2 cents here but I asked a similar question awhile back. What I got in response was its easier to trade for a 5 speed or go with paddle shifts if you can find them. Ive got a 2014 se auto cvt, been looking for any upgrades other then just bolt ons like intake & exhaust (couldn't find a header anywhere) but since its a 2.4 not 2.0 theres not a lot of people doing much with them or I could be looking in the wrong place. I know there is options & potential for this model, best of luck
Old Feb 26, 2019, 08:25 PM

For this car realistically, it will never accelerate that fast, rrm has a turbo kit, but... cvt. However, you can make it handle like its on rails, get a good set of fully adjustable coilovers, get a good alignment, get better brake pads and rotors, or even just big brake kit, and nothing (almost nothing) will touch it in the corners. If your serious, do some weight reduction. Maybe more luck with a ralliart transmission since the ralliart has the same exact suspension and frame as the 2.4 but im not 100% sure.
The following users liked this post:
Abdullatif (Jun 14, 2019)
Old Mar 25, 2019, 09:44 AM

I was asking because i was debating between the Manual fwd version or the AWD cvt version and hopfully switching it to a manual..... im really not interested in a cvt lol really wanted the MT platform so i was wondering if it would fit before i bought it....... and i know this might come but i dont want an evo..... i want something unique and im willing to put the money in
Old Apr 18, 2019, 12:52 PM

You can use evo x transmission and tranfercase to convert the car to manual
Old Jun 14, 2019, 03:10 AM

I asked some people on this case because I have just like your car and I wanted to do a manual swap. They told me that it will not fit, but I'm 85% sure that they had no idea what they were talking about because they are just sellers and they didn't want me to buy and then refund it again if it didn't fit. Guys, what do you recommend? I want to do a manual swap, do I choose EVO X transmission? or just a gts tranny? will the AWC still work if I did the swap? or the AWC is something else that has nothing to do with the transmission?

Search this Thread