EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   AWD Lancer (2012 +) (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/awd-lancer-2012-337/)
-   -   Welcome AWD Lancer Members. (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/awd-lancer-2012/571668-welcome-awd-lancer-members.html)

ETS Michael Aug 26, 2011 10:58 AM

Welcome AWD Lancer Members.

Welcome AWD Lancer Members. {thumbup}

droppinbottom Aug 26, 2011 04:03 PM

Time to start making some turbo kits for these guys.

evo_soul Aug 26, 2011 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by droppinbottom (Post 9562303)
Time to start making some turbo kits for these guys.

Unfortunately no. well not yet. Someone. Somewhere made the decision to equip the AWD Lancer with CVT only. This seriously hampers efforts to upgrade the vehicle. CVT is a great transmission and is super practical. But you wont be able to do much to the Lancer because of it. one thing I do see happening will be manual transmission swaps. But the cost will be brutal to perform the swap.

For those looking for a cheap car to beat around the best bet is still the Ralliart unfortunately :(

HimynameisWillzyx Aug 27, 2011 08:23 PM

yeah this car will compete with the base impreza

Lancer09mx Aug 28, 2011 12:40 PM

will be the same awc system as ralliart but CVT ?

miamichico Aug 28, 2011 07:23 PM

how many horses will the new GTS have because if it is still in the 160's it wont compete with the impreza (atleast the turbo versions.)

EVO - STI
Ralliart - WRX
Lancer - Non T WRX

evil03 Aug 28, 2011 09:23 PM

form what i can find and read its the AWC ralliart system with the sst trans with out the turbo...

http://www.mitsubishicars.com/MMNA/j...overviewSplash

AntiBlitz Aug 29, 2011 04:02 AM

i would hope not or else i mine as well throw on some "gts" and "Turbo" tags and forget i ever bought a Ralliart. Let me guess next your going to tell me its coming with the 4b11 too......

dolson222 Aug 29, 2011 09:34 AM

of course it will come with the 4b11. They all do in one form or another. (2.0L s anyway though I cant imagine the 2.4 is much different e.g. 4g63 vs 4g64). It would cost them too much to develop another engine. The internals can just be weaker (i.e. cheaper) due to a lack of forced induction. Your RA is still different enough to be worth it thoughyear to year the car line has to improve in some way or they go out of business. I actually feel this is long overdue. Its funny that at first they wanted to make a nearly all electric lineup by 201X with no more evo. Now after a massive uproar they are saying the lancer will be offered in AWD and outlander will be getting a RA version and the evo will be back as an XI at some point (even if it may be hybrid). Well done consumers, they are listening and we have convinced them that they were idiots for trying to drop the only exciting part of their lineup for something they would probably have to have a downloadable "drivetone" just to let pedestrians know the car was coming. Haha. I cant believe they though we were ready to get rid of the EVO for good. Really?

Evo10HKS Aug 29, 2011 12:37 PM

time to wait for the first person to wreck a 2012 and snatch that AWD and swap it over to the 2011<

nekkidlad Aug 29, 2011 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by Evo10HKS (Post 9568169)
time to wait for the first person to wreck a 2012 and snatch that AWD and swap it over to the 2011<

or just some shop w/ lots of money making a "one-of" show car...
like the 5axis scions, or the veilside rx7, etc etc...(just the heavily modified showcar aspect of the examples not the awd thing...since i think none of them are...)

millsyy17 Aug 29, 2011 05:08 PM

any one have pics of this new awd lancer?

SYSTEMA Aug 30, 2011 04:59 AM

Originally Posted by millsyy17 (Post 9568736)
any one have pics of this new awd lancer?

it will have the RA front bumper

dolson222 Aug 30, 2011 06:17 AM

Originally Posted by SYSTEMA (Post 9569543)
it will have the RA front bumper

I would be very suprised at that. Its called the lancer SE and it will have the same engine options and trim levels as the current lancers from what I have read. My guess is it will look the same as the trim level you buy it in with SE badging. Though I am just going from what I have read while researching and heard from the dealership guys but it wouldnt make sense for them to make a car that is that close to the RA for so much less money. Its not like mitsu to do that especially if the evos are not being produced anymore (RA will be the top of the lineup until the XI which is still a ways off). If it does have the RA front I bet there will be a lot of lancers owners hoping for SE/RA rear end collisions.

SYSTEMA Aug 30, 2011 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by dolson222 (Post 9569616)
I would be very suprised at that. Its called the lancer SE and it will have the same engine options and trim levels as the current lancers from what I have read.

my bad. I remember reading that the 2012 gts will be renamed GT and may sport the RA bumper. I say "may" because I can't find the page on motortrend or roadandtrack to cite my statement.