EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   AWD Lancer (2012 +) (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/awd-lancer-2012-337/)
-   -   Modding a 2012 SE? (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/awd-lancer-2012/632021-modding-2012-se.html)

MitsuEvok Oct 9, 2012 04:20 PM

Modding a 2012 SE?

Hey just signed up here in hopes of gathering some info. I just bought a 2012 SE and was trying to get some info about doing some basic upgrades (exhaust, intake, etc) It seems like there isnt alot of info out yet. I was curious what parts will fit the SE. Will any of the GT parts fit?

crawlgsx Oct 12, 2012 06:49 AM

I've been trying to figure that out with pretty minimal luck. Road Race Engineering makes some stuff for the SE. Some of the parts list SE in the title but then when you go to the product SE isn't a choice so even with them its still confusing.

Right now I am trying to figure out if any springs fit the SE. I can't imagine it uses the same springs as the Ralli-Art, and I can't imagine it uses the same springs as the ES/GT since it is AWD. No Idea.

DarkSyde294 Nov 7, 2012 09:56 PM

There isn't much out there. I'm in contact with Tanabe-USA about an exhaust system for my 2012 SE. They are going to use my car for the prototype. As for intakes... K&N does make the typhoon intake system. Since there isn't much out there, you could do like me and focus on other aspects of the car. I've started out with the interior and then the exterior. But there isn't much out there as far as performance right now.

Ditch Sep 13, 2013 12:47 PM

Rrm has headers, ecu piggyback , timing control and even a turbo kit for our cars, yes a turbo Cvt kit, also a bigger tyranny cooler, crank pulley and Sri
I have been looking all over the interned for performance upgrades for the se cvt,

deprydation Sep 16, 2013 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by crawlgsx (Post 10449918)
I've been trying to figure that out with pretty minimal luck. Road Race Engineering makes some stuff for the SE. Some of the parts list SE in the title but then when you go to the product SE isn't a choice so even with them its still confusing.

Right now I am trying to figure out if any springs fit the SE. I can't imagine it uses the same springs as the Ralli-Art, and I can't imagine it uses the same springs as the ES/GT since it is AWD. No Idea.

I don't know for sure, but since they're both AWD (Ralliart and SE) I would say that they probably use a strut/spring that is almost identical. If anything, do a part number search for your springs from Mitsubishi for replacement, and get the Ralliart replacement OEM spring. If they match, then bingo. You just found a plethora of springs and possibly even coils that will fit.

Comrade_Jerkov Sep 17, 2013 08:31 AM

Essentially anything that works with the GTS will basically work with the SE. For the exhaust your better getting a custom cat back if a catback is the route you're taking

reddevilz009 Jan 17, 2014 07:16 PM

will the eibach pro kit lowering springs (6048.140) fit on a 2014 se awc? most of the websites will only say for 08-11

vtecownedyou Jan 25, 2014 12:28 PM

^ u can give eibach a call to find out

christian6932 Jan 30, 2014 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by reddevilz009 (Post 11086826)
will the eibach pro kit lowering springs (6048.140) fit on a 2014 se awc? most of the websites will only say for 08-11

thats because they are when they created the website thats the years that they put. but im pretty sure they do fit. I have my awc and i get everything from Road Race Motorsports...you should hit them up...

Pathogen Jan 30, 2014 08:24 AM

Almost everything will transfer. The only thing that will not between the 4B11 and is the CAI since they are different size MAF housings. The springs for the Ralliart (09+), and all Lancer models from 08+ are the same. I have a brand new exhaust that will fit ES, DE, GTS, and GT if you are interested.

christian6932 Jan 30, 2014 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by Pathogen (Post 11100062)
Almost everything will transfer. The only thing that will not between the 4B11 and is the CAI since they are different size MAF housings. The springs for the Ralliart (09+), and all Lancer models from 08+ are the same. I have a brand new exhaust that will fit ES, DE, GTS, and GT if you are interested.

What brand is the Exhaust you have?

Pathogen Jan 30, 2014 08:38 AM

Check out my sale thread. It is full stainless axle-back.

christian6932 Jan 30, 2014 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by Pathogen (Post 11100075)
Check out my sale thread. It is full stainless axle-back.

will do{thumbup}

reddevilz009 Jan 31, 2014 11:19 AM

thanks everyone!

Anyone has the Spec D Tuning fog lights for their Lancer? I went to a shop where they had a pair for 75$ canadian, and together with the salesman, we called the Mitsubishi dealership to know if it would fit on a 2014... and dealership said no. Is it because they wanted me to buy their 385$ lights?

I've contacted spec D and will be waiting for their response

Racnal906 Jan 31, 2014 06:34 PM

Here is the K&N typhoon intake that will fit on the SE. i don't see that much difference but you can definitely hear the difference and it was VERY easy to install.