EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   AWD Lancer (2012 +) (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/awd-lancer-2012-337/)
-   -   New here! Thinking about a new lancer! (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/awd-lancer-2012/645572-new-here-thinking-about-new-lancer.html)

Laruetacman Feb 5, 2013 05:02 PM

New here! Thinking about a new lancer!

Hello guys, I currently drive a 2013 Hyundai Elantra coupe that I'm about to trade in on something. My main pick is a 2012 Mitsubishi Lancer GT, my main questions are:
1. How is the reliability of this car? Have any of you guys had many problems with yours when treated well?
2. Can the 2012 2.4l easily be upgraded with a turbo? and would I have to put premium in it after the turbo is put on?

Thanks for all your input guys! I'm planning on getting a manual too(because thats more fun).

Boston_eagle Feb 8, 2013 05:08 AM

Welcome! The Lancet is a great car, fun, looks good and has a outstanding warranty. I think should get one. I own both an evo MR and an Outie sport, and both have been great :)

If you want a turbo, save yourself the headache and money and get a Ralliart, or new or used evo. Built for boost, and with legit and system,vs a boosted Lancet which may be fun, but fwd only :/

A Lancet with the 2.4 would be a ton of fun to rev around. I would also suggest the LancerSE 4wd .Great car with selectable 2wd, 4we,4we 'lock'. Or if you want all performance, outperformancelook into rallies and or evo.

Search into each model. Good luck!

howell Feb 14, 2013 11:49 AM

Anything turbo (pretty much) will require 92/93 minimum octane fuel to be safe during boost.

But like Boston_eagle said if you want boost go with the ralliart... If you want more fun go with the Evo. ( with all due respect, I don't know if ur ready for the Evo yet)

octane88 Feb 19, 2013 12:46 AM

2013 Elantra Coupe?? Why are you trading it in so quickly lol

Amanda725GT Feb 26, 2013 08:32 PM

I drive a 2012 lancer GT and absolutely love it! It's a fun car for what it is and it definitely looks good. :)

fearD.evo Feb 26, 2013 10:02 PM

Buy n evo better ;-)

Denis22 Feb 27, 2013 12:04 AM

The privious model of lancer 4wd was great. Look towards for it.
Also, the craftsmen have been conversed 2.0 AWD MT Lancer into 2.4 AWD MT Lancer, with about 220 hp. Thats the quite quick sedan, I think. (acura 2.4 & gs300 slower)

mshilto89 Mar 4, 2013 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by Laruetacman (Post 10645997)
Hello guys, I currently drive a 2013 Hyundai Elantra coupe that I'm about to trade in on something. My main pick is a 2012 Mitsubishi Lancer GT, my main questions are:
1. How is the reliability of this car? Have any of you guys had many problems with yours when treated well?
2. Can the 2012 2.4l easily be upgraded with a turbo? and would I have to put premium in it after the turbo is put on?

Thanks for all your input guys! I'm planning on getting a manual too(because thats more fun).

1. Reliability is good, if proper maintenance is completed, just like with most other vehicles. I had my 2009 ES and had no issues with it. I completed all preventative maintenance and changed the oil regularly at 5k miles with synthetic blend Mobil 1.
2. Not easily by ANY means. Also if you plan on getting a CVT tranny you had better plan on dropping a LOT more money, and throwing reliability out the window. Yes if you went that route, you would have to run 93. Honestly, I can't stress this enough as someone who bought a Lancer to fix it up. Your wasting time. Just go Evo and you'll be SOOOOOO much happier.

I know I know, I'm not trying to sound like a dick here, just trying to save OP the headache that I had to go through. The Lancer was a good car, don't get me wrong. But as far as performance, just was not there. I did get great gas mileage though :lol: