Notices
The Back Room Off topic discussions for thick skinned, can take a joke members. Evom rules apply.

Firearms Corner of OT

 
Old Oct 6, 2008, 07:03 AM
  #1  
Evolved Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (6)
 
tkklemann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 1,228
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Picked up a Springfield XDm 40.

This is a nice piece. Picked it up Friday, and by Sunday dinner time I already pushed 400+ rounds through it. I like it a lot as opposed to the older XD which was only a 12+1. The New XDm is a 16+1 which is nice. I would like to get a flashlight and laser for it, well, just because they are cool, and it helps in shooting sideways. Damn, a nice one is friggen $250+. Any recommendations? I don't want a laser grip because it will make the grip as big and wide as dridges dong.

Plus, I have a certificate with it that it is one of the 1st 1,000 that Springfield made.

Here it is: (I bought the all black one)

http://www.the-m-factor.com/home.html

Nice piece... Comments & suggestions welcome, even though I don't care a lick.

Kthxbai.
tkklemann is offline  
Old Oct 6, 2008, 07:06 AM
  #2  
Evolved Member
iTrader: (4)
 
thetox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Arch Rustler of Jamesington
Posts: 616
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
they are very nice and they made some nice improvments over the standard XD.

i <3 my all black XD40 in the 4" model.
thetox is offline  
Old Oct 6, 2008, 07:10 AM
  #3  
Evolved Member
iTrader: (6)
 
TeStUdO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Secret Tweaker Pad
Posts: 1,986
Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts
Tritech, but welcome to the club:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=368344
TeStUdO is offline  
Old Oct 6, 2008, 07:10 AM
  #4  
EvoM Staff Alumni
iTrader: (2)
 
FlLancer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Fort Gordon, GA
Posts: 633
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i <3 my all black XD40 in the tactical model.
FlLancer is offline  
Old Oct 6, 2008, 07:11 AM
  #5  
Evolved Member
iTrader: (4)
 
thetox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Arch Rustler of Jamesington
Posts: 616
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FlLancer View Post
i <3 my all black XD40 in the tactical model.
is the 4" tactical or service model? i can never remember.

I also just recently bought ammo and picked up a box of TAP ammo to try.
thetox is offline  
Old Oct 6, 2008, 07:18 AM
  #6  
EvoM Staff Alumni
iTrader: (2)
 
FlLancer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Fort Gordon, GA
Posts: 633
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tactical is 5"
FlLancer is offline  
Old Oct 6, 2008, 07:19 AM
  #7  
Evolved Member
iTrader: (4)
 
thetox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Arch Rustler of Jamesington
Posts: 616
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ah there you go. then i have the Service model in all black.
thetox is offline  
Old Oct 6, 2008, 08:02 AM
  #8  
Evolving Member
iTrader: (2)
 
NurSpecSupport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: AZ
Posts: 166
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nice rig!

don't get a light....there is no need to. Your opponent if present will see you walking around the house shining a flashlight.
NurSpecSupport is offline  
Old Oct 6, 2008, 08:15 AM
  #9  
Evolved Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (6)
 
tkklemann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 1,228
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by NurSpecSupport View Post
nice rig!

don't get a light....there is no need to. Your opponent if present will see you walking around the house shining a flashlight.

Mostly its just because it's cool, not because I would use it to engage an opponent. I don't want to flash light my opponent to death.

Overall I like it a lot. The only thing I am worried about is blowing my leg off
due to the safety features of the gun. When pulling from a holster, the rear heel safety is defeated, and one slight "mis-movement" of the trigger finger and I will have a huge hole in my leg. I wouldn't want to use this gun for fast pull & shoot contests. I think I would rather have a different type of safety.

But, it would be a great piece for law enforcement because as soon as you pull, it's ready to go.
tkklemann is offline  
Old Oct 6, 2008, 08:16 AM
  #10  
Evolved Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (6)
 
tkklemann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 1,228
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TeStUdO View Post
I'm gay, and like teh butt.

Huh?
tkklemann is offline  
Old Oct 6, 2008, 08:18 AM
  #11  
Evolved Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 687
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did you say shooting sideways? Like gangster style?
rExTuHfEr is offline  
Old Oct 6, 2008, 08:20 AM
  #12  
Evolved Member
iTrader: (4)
 
thetox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Arch Rustler of Jamesington
Posts: 616
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tkklemann View Post
Mostly its just because it's cool, not because I would use it to engage an opponent. I don't want to flash light my opponent to death.

Overall I like it a lot. The only thing I am worried about is blowing my leg off
due to the safety features of the gun. When pulling from a holster, the rear heel safety is defeated, and one slight "mis-movement" of the trigger finger and I will have a huge hole in my leg. I wouldn't want to use this gun for fast pull & shoot contests. I think I would rather have a different type of safety.

But, it would be a great piece for law enforcement because as soon as you pull, it's ready to go.
did they not add the standard button safety on this model? with the new 08 XD's they added the push button safety as well as the grip and trigger safety's. i would think it would be hard to shoot yourself in the leg unless your pulling a quick draw mcgraw.
thetox is offline  
Old Oct 6, 2008, 08:20 AM
  #13  
Evolved Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (6)
 
tkklemann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 1,228
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And, I fergot to mention I had a slow shot primer on Saturday.

Ugh.. Kinda scary, I think I shot the roof, all I heard was a plink.

Sighted the gun in, pulled the trigger, click. Nada.

uhhh, hmmm, started to raise the gun up to pull the slide and release the round and BOOM! Holy Zomg!
tkklemann is offline  
Old Oct 6, 2008, 08:23 AM
  #14  
Evolved Member
iTrader: (4)
 
thetox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Arch Rustler of Jamesington
Posts: 616
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tkklemann View Post
And, I fergot to mention I had a slow shot primer on Saturday.

Ugh.. Kinda scary, I think I shot the roof, all I heard was a plink.

Sighted the gun in, pulled the trigger, click. Nada.

uhhh, hmmm, started to raise the gun up to pull the slide and release the round and BOOM! Holy Zomg!
this happened at the range right?

i got nervous the last time i went shooting with my dad and his ruger 9mm kept having rounds hang up and not get fully seated into the chamber.
thetox is offline  
Old Oct 6, 2008, 08:23 AM
  #15  
Evolved Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (6)
 
tkklemann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 1,228
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by thetox View Post
did they not add the standard button safety on this model? with the new 08 XD's they added the push button safety as well as the grip and trigger safety's. i would think it would be hard to shoot yourself in the leg unless your pulling a quick draw mcgraw.

But that's how I roll. Pull as fast as I can, blast a few off the pavement as I am drawing so whoever I am going to shoot knows whats comming, engage sideways, and rip a clip off.


I will admit, I did shoot a few sideways at the range just for the thug life ganksterz effekt. Werdz. It's gay.

Yeah, the slow primer was at the range. That made me nervous to shoot for a few clips after that.
tkklemann is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Firearms Corner of OT


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.