2020 POTUS Campaign thread - Page 1074 - EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

Notices
The Back Room Off topic discussions for thick skinned, can take a joke members. Evom rules apply.

2020 POTUS Campaign thread

Old Dec 4, 2018, 08:17 PM
EvoM Moderator

Originally Posted by WestSideBilly View Post
https://twitter.com/bcburden/status/1069773072587206656

Democrats were so efficiently stuffed that the GOP didn't even bother to run in 30 of the districts that Democrats won. Which also suppresses the vote there.
that won't matter for the 2020 election.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 08:51 AM
EvoM Moderator

lmaoooo the awkward tension as trump sits by the former presidents
Old Dec 5, 2018, 08:57 AM
El Jefe

Originally Posted by kyoo View Post
Well I'd prefer that Wisconsin not be a ****hole since my family and a lot of friends still live there, so it matters to me.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 09:13 AM

Luckily not... but it's a big problem for those living in states that don't have a say in their state governments (NC, WI, MI).

The Michigan pub legislature just gutted minimum wage and sick leave bills in the lame duck. That same legislature passed those bills back in September so that they would be kept off the ballot as initiatives.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...=.d773f22f936c

Michigan pubs also trying to remove the Secretary of State's campaign finance oversight after the first Democrat in 24 years was elected SOS.

When Republicans lose, they turn away from democratic processes and the will of the people. There is no check for this currently at the state level.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 09:29 AM

lmaoooo the awkward tension as trump sits by the former presidents
I was surprised he shook Obama's hand

Can't wait for all the "Trump was presidential today" media takes because he managed to not knock over the casket or diarrhea all over the floor
Old Dec 5, 2018, 09:30 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by XGon'GiveItToYa View Post
Luckily not... but it's a big problem for those living in states that don't have a say in their state governments (NC, WI, MI).

The Michigan pub legislature just gutted minimum wage and sick leave bills in the lame duck. That same legislature passed those bills back in September so that they would be kept off the ballot as initiatives.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...=.d773f22f936c

Michigan pubs also trying to remove the Secretary of State's campaign finance oversight after the first Democrat in 24 years was elected SOS.

When Republicans lose, they turn away from democratic processes and the will of the people. There is no check for this currently at the state level.
And now you begin to understand why Republicans like to keep their faithful eternally angry about something (even when they win).
If the roles were reversed, and Dems were pulling this on Pubs, they would be savvy enough to keep this type of political maneuvering as front page news.
Dems can't seem to grasp this concept. Maybe it's the whole 'elitist' attitude they are painted with.
They need to drop the whole "we go high" BS or they will keep knowing what the losing end of election day feels like
Old Dec 5, 2018, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by mikesevo8 View Post
And now you begin to understand why Republicans like to keep their faithful eternally angry about something (even when they win).
If the roles were reversed, and Dems were pulling this on Pubs, they would be savvy enough to keep this type of political maneuvering as front page news.
Dems can't seem to grasp this concept. Maybe it's the whole 'elitist' attitude they are painted with.
They need to drop the whole "we go high" BS or they will keep knowing what the losing end of election day feels like
But the problem when it comes to these issues at least, even if it is front page news (which I'm pretty sure it is in these states), it doesn't change much. Short of Dems getting 60% of the votes in these states to gain a simple majority in their state legislatures (pretty unrealistic) nothing is going to change how these GOP politicians act.

I agree to your larger point though, which is why imo, it's so important for the DNC to embrace young, progressive candidates like Beto. His messaging managed to go viral more in the last two months than anything other Dems have said or done in the last two years.

Meanwhile house Dems are trying to give more power to the minority party in the house to bring bills up for vote so that Nancy Pelosi will have enough votes to become speaker.... as if Pubs won't change that the first chance they get.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 12:31 PM

Meanwhile in North Carolina... actual election fraud by the party of... yep... you guessed it:

Old Dec 5, 2018, 11:40 PM
Evolved Member

The Summerset decision was in 1772.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Somerset_v_Stewart
The American Revolution started in 1775. I was always curious as to why the South succeeded so quickly after the Lincoln presidential victory. Maybe it was because it had worked before.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 05:46 AM

It’s the Worst Time to Make Money in Markets Since 1972

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...anxiety-mounts

"Ned Davis Research puts markets into eight big asset classes — everything from bonds to U.S. and international stocks to commodities. And not a single one of them is on track to post a return this year of more than 5 percent, a phenomenon last observed in 1972."
Old Dec 7, 2018, 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by XGon'GiveItToYa View Post
Meanwhile house Dems are trying to give more power to the minority party in the house to bring bills up for vote so that Nancy Pelosi will have enough votes to become speaker.... as if Pubs won't change that the first chance they get.
And in the Senate.... McConnell won't allow vote on a bill that has 77+ support. And people wonder why our government is so inept.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...6e0_story.html

That private prison lobby sure is something. What a shameful state KY must be to keep electing this guy since the 80s
Old Dec 7, 2018, 05:27 PM
Evolved Member

I lol'd. Trumps Tillerson Tweets in chronological order. Its part of a bigger "fake news" project organising his tweets so people can see his bull****.

Whether I choose him or not for "State"- Rex Tillerson, the Chairman & CEO of ExxonMobil, is a world class player and dealmaker. Stay tuned!
I have chosen one of the truly great business leaders of the world, Rex Tillerson, Chairman and CEO of ExxonMobil, to be Secretary of State.
The thing I like best about Rex Tillerson is that he has vast experience at dealing successfully with all types of foreign governments.
Congratulations to Rex Tillerson on being sworn in as our new Secretary of State. He will be a star!
The media has been speculating that I fired Rex Tillerson or that he would be leaving soon - FAKE NEWS! He’s not leaving and while we disagree on certain subjects, (I call the final shots) we work well together and America is highly respected again!
Mike Pompeo is doing a great job, I am very proud of him. His predecessor, Rex Tillerson, didn’t have the mental capacity needed. He was dumb as a rock and I couldn’t get rid of him fast enough. He was lazy as hell. Now it is a whole new ballgame, great spirit at State!

Last edited by wingless; Dec 7, 2018 at 05:37 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to wingless For This Useful Post:
barneyb (Dec 10, 2018)
Old Dec 10, 2018, 04:06 PM

^Is there anyone out there that actually believes the CEO of Exon is lazy and/or an idiot?

Would be interesting to see Trump tweets on any number of subjects laid out like that
Old Dec 10, 2018, 09:57 PM
El Jefe

There's an entire subreddit of people linking Trump's tweets pointing out how absurd and bipolar he is.
Old Yesterday, 09:40 AM

Individual-1 is such a great negotiator

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2020 POTUS Campaign thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.