Notices
The Back Room Off topic discussions for thick skinned, can take a joke members. Evom rules apply.

Attention: Post Whores IX - Whores have nine lives

Old Oct 11, 2017, 05:57 PM
Evolved Member

Liked 24 Times in 14 Posts
So the guy who painted this:

Is willing to take this (my past and present track cars):

And turn it into a 150"x37" three piece painting in basically the style of the Porsche painting. Am I just Cali crazy, or lock him up in the rubber house crazy for actually considering it? Because I already the confirmation email sitting in my drafts folder waiting to be sent.

I told him to make it more like they are chasing each other on the track, not in a straight line. He says it will be really challenging but he's willing to try, he just thinks it needs to be at least that big to make it work.

FWIW I live in a 1k-ish sf condo, and the only wall it would fit on is a hallway, so you couldn't even step back to look at it. Which I actually think makes it more awesome.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 06:58 PM
Evolved Member

Liked 23 Times in 19 Posts
Originally Posted by WestSideBilly View Post
Were it not for the NC part of the deal, I'd be all over that.
Yeah, I can see how the possibility of actually owning an entire free standing house and enough land for a shop might be intimidating.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 07:05 AM
Evolved Member

Liked 23 Times in 19 Posts
And of course there is the never ending summer and humidity...
Old Oct 12, 2017, 09:09 AM
Evolved Member

Liked 659 Times in 623 Posts
Originally Posted by NFSEvolutionGSR View Post
If my house catches on fire, I have the ability to quickly retreat to a safe distance. Plus, my house isn't sitting on thousands of gallons of diesel fuel. See the difference?
You're more likely to die in a car accident on the way to work than on a cruise ship. You're probably more likely to die on the commercial jet ride to get to the cruise ship than you are because the cruise ship sank/caught fire/whatever. Seems like a rather irrational fear.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 10:42 AM
Evolved Member

Liked 41 Times in 25 Posts
Ahoy. I am not a big fan of cruises. I was rather bored on the ship after two days.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 10:51 AM
Evolved Member

Liked 7 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by CaliMR View Post
So the guy who painted this:

Is willing to take this (my past and present track cars):

And turn it into a 150"x37" three piece painting in basically the style of the Porsche painting. Am I just Cali crazy, or lock him up in the rubber house crazy for actually considering it? Because I already the confirmation email sitting in my drafts folder waiting to be sent.

I told him to make it more like they are chasing each other on the track, not in a straight line. He says it will be really challenging but he's willing to try, he just thinks it needs to be at least that big to make it work.

FWIW I live in a 1k-ish sf condo, and the only wall it would fit on is a hallway, so you couldn't even step back to look at it. Which I actually think makes it more awesome.
That would be pretty ****. Don't let your dreams be dreams, man.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 10:53 AM
Evolved Member

Liked 7 Times in 3 Posts
Toying around with the idea of a DF Kit car in the future.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 12:57 PM
Evolved Member

Liked 24 Times in 14 Posts
Looks badass. Do it. I love my rear engined monster. Front engined kit cars are usually a lot easier to drive fast, but they aren't nearly as much fun. And by fun, I mean a constant stream of code browns. 120 mph snap spins FTW! (I didn't lift, I just didn't give it enough throttle)

I'm mocking up a bunch of different ideas. Each car has a different feel, squishy, slidey, or just plain menacing, and he has used different styles in the past that sort of match the feel of each car, so we're working on what the final design will be. I still like my cars making color waves, but that would require them to all be in the same streaky style. This is my most recent mockup, though I might even blow them up bigger so that it is more of a detail on each canvas instead. His detail paintings are awesome.

And I'm definitely doing it, just need the style now. Might go with squares if it works better with the style we choose.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 01:13 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TeStUdO View Post
Ahoy. I am not a big fan of cruises. I was rather bored on the ship after two days.
Not a big fan of drinking and relaxing? I know the trip got a lot more fun once we met some friends to hang out with on board.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 03:37 PM

Liked 27 Times in 18 Posts
Originally Posted by letsgetthisdone View Post
You're more likely to die in a car accident on the way to work than on a cruise ship. You're probably more likely to die on the commercial jet ride to get to the cruise ship than you are because the cruise ship sank/caught fire/whatever. Seems like a rather irrational fear.
Yeah, but cars and planes are necessary forms of transportation. Cruise ships drive me nuts.

My family clamors about going on a cruise every now and then, and I will tell you exactly what I tell them. When I go on vacation, I want to get wherever it is that I am going as quickly as possible. What would be awesome is something like a Hustler 50 or a DCB M41. But, being realistic, my goal over the next year to get my pilot's license and a plane. I am tired of driving all over creation to get to racetracks and whatnot.

I guess, in the end, I just have a hard time sitting still and doing nothing for a few days to a week. I think that Testudo has a similar mentality.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by DatRAzn View Post
Toying around with the idea of a DF Kit car in the future.
I have gotten the bug to give this a try a couple of times, and my racing buddies talk me down from the ledge every time.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 03:41 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by NFSEvolutionGSR View Post
Yeah, but cars and planes are necessary forms of transportation. Cruise ships drive me nuts.

My family clamors about going on a cruise every now and then, and I will tell you exactly what I tell them. When I go on vacation, I want to get wherever it is that I am going as quickly as possible. What would be awesome is something like a Hustler 50 or a DCB M41. But, being realistic, my goal over the next year to get my pilot's license and a plane. I am tired of driving all over creation to get to racetracks and whatnot.

I guess, in the end, I just have a hard time sitting still and doing nothing for a few days to a week. I think that Testudo has a similar mentality.
I guess we have a different idea of a vacation LOL
Old Oct 12, 2017, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by letsgetthisdone View Post
I guess we have a different idea of a vacation LOL
Probably just different personality types. I will say that the last cruise I went on was memorable. A good friend of mine allegedly hooked up with Casey Anthony (I can attest that she was on the boat and that this story seems likely), and I found out that the drinking age on boats flagged out of the Bahamas is 18 in International Waters.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 04:01 PM
Evolved Member

I'm pretty type A, but a week of not having to worry about anything except where do I want to go eat, and maybe what time do I have to be off the ship for this excursion is pretty cool. Much more relaxing than the typical "vacation" of doing a track weekend with the car...lol
Old Oct 12, 2017, 04:09 PM

That is one thing that REALLY bugs the crap out of me. My last weekend at a NASA event was almost hectic. They cram too much crap into a weekend. I know that everyone wants to get every last bit of their entry fee out of the event, but a break here and there wouldn't be a bad thing.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Attention: Post Whores IX - Whores have nine lives

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.