Notices
The Back Room Off topic discussions for thick skinned, can take a joke members. Evom rules apply.

Attention: Post Whores IX - Whores have nine lives

Old Jun 18, 2018, 10:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts
Do missed swings count? If not, my best half course is around 100. But in my defense, I've never played even close to sober.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 10:39 AM
Evolved Member

Husqvarna is so annoying. I think it might actually be working right. I ran into a guy in the woods who had a 2016, his CEL never came on at all when he toggled the buttons, which was the initial reason I thought it wasn't a test of the light like some cars do. But also they put a different version of the motor in the 17/18 so I wasn't sure if they changed how the CEL works. I found a video of a guy starting his 2017, the light comes on for a second or two as a test then turns off. Guy I talked to on the bike forum said same thing. Another guy on the forum said his comes on and stays on until the motor starts, like mine, and he's on an 18 but he didn't know if that was normal since he lives in South Africa and has no dealer around. Now I found a video of a guy starting his brand new (2 miles) 2018 and the light comes on and stays on, like mine. Unless there is something wrong with his brand new one and the SA one and mine, then the KTM Ford Explorers made the CEL work differently for each year of this bike, but left the manual the same all 3 years and says there is an issue if it comes on or flashes at all. The manual also says there is a separate FI light, but that is only on the 16, it's combined in the 17+.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 11:05 AM
El Jefe

Received 59 Likes on 55 Posts
Originally Posted by CaliMR View Post
Do missed swings count? If not, my best half course is around 100. But in my defense, I've never played even close to sober.
If you're missing the ball you shouldn't even bother keeping count.

My best (half) round ever was a 40 on a par 34; basically everything went right for me. I'm a lousy putter and always have been, so my approach shots basically need to be within 5 feet, otherwise it's a 3 putt.

Otherwise I shot in the high 40s when I was younger, and generally low 50s when I started back up again in 2014. Still can't putt and all the various shoulder and back injuries I had over the years hobbled whatever limited golf game I had, so I suspect my clubs are in storage for good.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 12:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts
I need new woods, my woods have lost their pop. I haven't bought a driver since 2001, when it was on sale at the golf shop at which I worked, an Orlimar HipTi that was on clearance and collecting dust in the shop. The woods with which I play are some reshafted Tony Penna 3 and 5 woods, and a questionable Powerbilt 7 wood. I have seriously lost 30-40 yards off the driver, but I can still mash them in the center of the face. The irons I use are Titleist tour forged blades from probably the early 80s. I got them from my dad who bought them from a lady who sold them in the classified ads for $150. We show up and she has 3-PW laid out in the yard, she tells me that her son was a big drug dealer and he kept buying things to hide his drug money. She kicked him out and was selling all the junk he left behind, Dad offered her $100 and she took it. Those were also reshafted and I hit them well. Putter is a Scotty Cameron Studio 2 putter, I roll that well. I need to get the bag updated, and a new bag too. A mouse ate a hole in the side of it and the bottom is cracked from being put down too hard (Stand bag). I don't want to spend money, but if I am going to get more serious about the game, I have to spend money.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 01:14 PM
Evolved Member

I'm undefeated in mini-golf since I think my sophomore year of college, but it's because I cheat and get lucky. I push the ball instead of tapping it, so that I can correct an initial bad hit, and nobody has ever caught me. My last ex, I told her that I cheat and how I cheat before we played, and then when we played she still didn't catch that I was doing it. She said she didn't get why I'd cheat if I was so good at it even when I don't cheat. It was pretty funny.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 02:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by CaliMR View Post
Husqvarna is so annoying. I think it might actually be working right. I ran into a guy in the woods who had a 2016, his CEL never came on at all when he toggled the buttons, which was the initial reason I thought it wasn't a test of the light like some cars do. But also they put a different version of the motor in the 17/18 so I wasn't sure if they changed how the CEL works. I found a video of a guy starting his 2017, the light comes on for a second or two as a test then turns off. Guy I talked to on the bike forum said same thing. Another guy on the forum said his comes on and stays on until the motor starts, like mine, and he's on an 18 but he didn't know if that was normal since he lives in South Africa and has no dealer around. Now I found a video of a guy starting his brand new (2 miles) 2018 and the light comes on and stays on, like mine. Unless there is something wrong with his brand new one and the SA one and mine, then the KTM Ford Explorers made the CEL work differently for each year of this bike, but left the manual the same all 3 years and says there is an issue if it comes on or flashes at all. The manual also says there is a separate FI light, but that is only on the 16, it's combined in the 17+.
Insert Pumpkin Escobar " IDK WTF you just said little kid" quote here. I can't find one without the Fbomb in the title of the youtube video.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 05:07 PM
El Jefe

Originally Posted by DonHugo View Post
I need new woods, my woods have lost their pop. I haven't bought a driver since 2001, when it was on sale at the golf shop at which I worked, an Orlimar HipTi that was on clearance and collecting dust in the shop. The woods with which I play are some reshafted Tony Penna 3 and 5 woods, and a questionable Powerbilt 7 wood. I have seriously lost 30-40 yards off the driver, but I can still mash them in the center of the face. The irons I use are Titleist tour forged blades from probably the early 80s. I got them from my dad who bought them from a lady who sold them in the classified ads for $150. We show up and she has 3-PW laid out in the yard, she tells me that her son was a big drug dealer and he kept buying things to hide his drug money. She kicked him out and was selling all the junk he left behind, Dad offered her $100 and she took it. Those were also reshafted and I hit them well. Putter is a Scotty Cameron Studio 2 putter, I roll that well. I need to get the bag updated, and a new bag too. A mouse ate a hole in the side of it and the bottom is cracked from being put down too hard (Stand bag). I don't want to spend money, but if I am going to get more serious about the game, I have to spend money.
I doubt new clubs will drastically change your game. Maybe add some distance, but generally speaking the clubs just haven't evolved that much since the first 460cc drivers came out. But my 460 driver was the same as every other driver I've used - the ball went plenty far, but typically ended up in the wrong fairway. Modern irons are cool looking, but they're still entirely reliant on how well you contact the ball. If you're good, you can do more shaping and get more spin, but if you're a hacker the ball still goes all over.

Probably the only clubs that have really changed things are hybrids (I love mine; I could never hit a 3 or 4 iron, but can clobber the hybrids. And there are a lot of cool new putters but none of them fix bad putting.

The biggest difference is the *****. If you don't mind spending lots of dollars, the good ***** are really good.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 05:11 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by hotrod2448 View Post
Insert Pumpkin Escobar " IDK WTF you just said little kid" quote here. I can't find one without the Fbomb in the title of the youtube video.
I use that quote a lot.

Basically, it appears that there is no consistency between the CEL activity on 2016, 2017, or 2018 models but the 2018 manual still describes the 2016 action. It is possible my bike isn't broken because the youtube videos of bikes my exact year are consistent with mine. It's annoying that I can't get a straight answer from Husky and will have to borrow a truck and then spend a whole day dealing with a dealer trip.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 08:55 AM
Evolved Member

Truck is totaled, the body shop just said my insurance is there to tow it away. Time to find the exact same truck again.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 11:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts
What kind of truck was it again Cali? What happened with the hit and runner?
Old Jun 19, 2018, 11:22 AM
El Jefe

Tacoma, right?
Old Jun 19, 2018, 03:13 PM
Evolved Member

Taco Access Cab (half rear doors so it has a 6' bed) off road with the tech package. And I'll be getting exactly the same thing, if I can find one. Cops arrested the guy, that's the last I heard. Insurance called this morning with an offer (for the wrong configuration of taco) and then told me I'd have to pay the deductible since their determination is not that it was the other guy's fault. That's how they worded it. I explained that I was hit and run t-boned by a drunk running a stop sign and taking a left out of a right only merge lane, who was hauled off to jail, and if they try to put even 1% of the fault on me I'm suing them. They said they'd get back to me about that and an updated offer, but it's been 5 hours with no response.

I talked to my friend's employee's roommate who is a Husky mechanic at the dealer I bought it at, he confirmed that the CELs are a cluster**** because each year acts differently, and even in my year it's random whether the light will come on in a test mode. Usually the test fails to initialize, so just ignore it whether I have a light or not unless it's while the motor is running. It almost feels like they are still an Italian company...
Old Jun 19, 2018, 04:06 PM
Evolved Member

New offer: 35k. I paid just under 38k total after taxes and junk, so 3k loss in value over 2 years. New ones are a little more expensive but shouldn't be out of pocket more than 5k at most and I get a truck with no dents and with smart cruise control, which was the one thing I really wanted that they didn't offer my year. Not the worst that could happen getting hit by a drunk, and I'm not hurt either.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 09:49 PM
El Jefe

What was the original offer?
Old Jun 20, 2018, 06:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts
Had another autocross this weekend. Installed a front sway bar and brakes, and had an alignment done before. Big difference. Now I need new tires. I can lock up the worn Toyo Proxes with ease.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Attention: Post Whores IX - Whores have nine lives

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.