Notices
The Back Room Off topic discussions for thick skinned, can take a joke members. Evom rules apply.

Attention: Post Whores IX - Whores have nine lives

Old Jun 20, 2018, 06:59 AM
El Jefe

Received 59 Likes on 55 Posts
Woke up before 5am for about the 15th straight day. Sick of this.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 07:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
Bought a '14 Cayenne diesel last night. Found a total unicorn in great condition with lower miles, premium package plus, towing package and CPO for reasonable money. Now I get to go to Chicago to collect and try to coordinate with a Cubs home game for the wife.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 07:07 AM
El Jefe

Received 59 Likes on 55 Posts
Nice.

Hopefully it won't have acquired too much corrosion in 4 years of Chicago winters.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 09:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by WestSideBilly View Post
What was the original offer?
1k less and split fault. Now it is non-fault for me as well as the bump.

Originally Posted by hotrod2448 View Post
Bought a ...unicorn
Congrats. I always seem to find what I want right after giving up and getting something else.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 09:41 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by WestSideBilly View Post
Nice.

Hopefully it won't have acquired too much corrosion in 4 years of Chicago winters.
Its not from Chicago. It came out of GA, This dealer is apparently attempting to corner the market on cayenne diesels and is buying them from auctions all over. They've got 22 pre-owned diesels on the lot currently, way more than anyone else I saw.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 09:52 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CaliMR View Post
1k less and split fault. Now it is non-fault for me as well as the bump.

Congrats. I always seem to find what I want right after giving up and getting something else.
I have the other problem. Usually I find what I want and am just a little too late. Prior to finding this one, there was a really clean Porsche executive demo in Florida with the aero kit, painted trim, quad tailpipes, black high gloss trim around windows, adaptive cruise control, etc... It looked awesome. Missed out on it by about 3 hours.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 11:13 AM
Evolved Member

I've won a couple foot races to get vehicles. Like my CBR900RR, I had to get to the east bay during rush hour and made it about 5 minutes before the next guy. We both headed over within 30 minutes of it being posted. The Crapstain was the same, they called me to let me know someone backed out and I showed up right before another guy who came from a few hours away, he ended up having to take the orange one they had with a bunch of miles on it. The orange one was a repo or something, I think the original guy's check bounced and they took it back and were selling it as new with a few hundred miles on it.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 11:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 43 Likes on 30 Posts
Old Jun 20, 2018, 03:16 PM

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by hotrod2448 View Post
Bought a '14 Cayenne diesel last night. Found a total unicorn in great condition with lower miles, premium package plus, towing package and CPO for reasonable money. Now I get to go to Chicago to collect and try to coordinate with a Cubs home game for the wife.
Hey man, congrats. That wasn't one of the vehicles affected by dieselgate, was it?
Old Jun 20, 2018, 03:20 PM

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts
It is really frustrating when someone calls me about something that they need done quickly and then don't respond to follow-up calls once I do some leg work. I am starting to understand society's beef with Millennials. They are the most common offenders by far.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 04:29 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by NFSEvolutionGSR View Post
Hey man, congrats. That wasn't one of the vehicles affected by dieselgate, was it?
Yes, it was but, that actually works out to be a good thing. The fix is much more straightforward for the V6 engines since it already had a urea system on it. It's basically just software and a larger DPF. In response to the bad press Porsche automatically extended the factory warranty on all of them to 6 years and the power train to 10 years. With the CPO it extends the bumper to bumper warranty to 8 years unlimited mileage excluding cosmetic items.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 10:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts
Hi ******....

Every time I hear "urea system" all I can think about is p!ssing in the gas tank. I'd love to get a Porsche of some sort, came across a YT video of a guy who bought the cheapest Turbo Porsche in the nation. He found a Cayenne Turbo at a dealer auction and got it for $6500. Some small repairs and he's running as good as new for less than $8k. But then he goes on to discuss potential problems, and those scare the bejeezus out of me. Not to mention, I was working at Porsche when those came out, and people were coming back and complaining about having to get new tires and brakes after a couple of months, and I have a heavy foot. It's a >6k lbs. GVWR vehicle that drives like a Porsche. I'd drive the nuts off of it. Then it would break, and I would have to turn to giving ZJs on a streetcorner for cash. I don't want that.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 11:13 AM
Evolved Member

Didn't the first gen ones force the torque split by using mismatched tire sizes? So unless the front slipped, the back got no torque, or the other way around. Maybe that's why. Also what's a ZJ? I am worried I might be missing out.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 11:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts
They had the same size tires front to rear, people just wore them out by braking hard and turning in too hot. There was speculation on the torque split on the AWD system, all we could find was a 40:60 split front to rear.

ZJ comes from "Beerfest" when Jay Chandrasekhar's character was a male streetwalker and he was describing his services. It was never disclosed what that was.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 01:40 PM
Evolved Member

I haven't seen it. Super Troopers 2 was ok, though mostly just the references back to the first one and the one fat Canadian cop's accent.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Attention: Post Whores IX - Whores have nine lives

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.