Notices
The Back Room Off topic discussions for thick skinned, can take a joke members. Evom rules apply.

Attention: Post Whores IX - Whores have nine lives

Old Jun 21, 2018, 05:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts
Nothing's coming up Milhouse today. They found a truck exactly like my old one but new, it was supposed to be here today but it isn't. My parts for my bike I ordered last Saturday say they shipped, but the tracking number doesn't work, so I'm guessing they just handed it to their shipping guy to ship tomorrow, which means I can't do my installs this week and have to ride it all lame this weekend. Confirmed that they will not make the rifle barrel I need, as they won't make customs anymore, so I have to go with an SS one but the stock (which took 20 months to get) is channeled for a fat CF barrel so I'm going to have to get a stupid fat barrel and fluke the crap out of it which I don't like. I almost feel like the Don if his cloud was made up of white people problems.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 09:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 712 Likes on 670 Posts
Originally Posted by CaliMR View Post
Nothing's coming up Milhouse today. They found a truck exactly like my old one but new, it was supposed to be here today but it isn't. My parts for my bike I ordered last Saturday say they shipped, but the tracking number doesn't work, so I'm guessing they just handed it to their shipping guy to ship tomorrow, which means I can't do my installs this week and have to ride it all lame this weekend. Confirmed that they will not make the rifle barrel I need, as they won't make customs anymore, so I have to go with an SS one but the stock (which took 20 months to get) is channeled for a fat CF barrel so I'm going to have to get a stupid fat barrel and fluke the crap out of it which I don't like. I almost feel like the Don if his cloud was made up of white people problems.
That sucks on the truck man. At least you got the insurance straightened and a proper resolution from it.

Get a regular barrel and a carbon sleeve around it? lol
Old Jun 22, 2018, 09:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 43 Likes on 30 Posts
Sean ... how's the motor rebuild coming??
Old Jun 22, 2018, 10:46 AM
Evolved Member

He's going to try to have them match the fluting to the fluting on the bolt, which is fine. It looks like they also ordered the wrong model of action, but I actually prefer the one that showed up. I think a big part of this crap was their old receptionist who did the ordering, he just got canned because he kept messing up orders. Like ordering 6 not 6.5 barrels. I'm sure the thing will be bad *** when it is done, it is just annoying that it has already been 20 months and now it isn't even going to be the build I originally ordered. I could have just got a different stock and got the thing in a few months, if I was going to go with this build style instead. It will still be a pretty light weight 20" 22-250, just not the true featherweight it was going to be.

I'm sure a truck will turn up. I have the rental for another week on the insurance dime, and the other guy's insurance just called me to say they are taking responsibility and will give me my deductible back directly. I was thinking about trading it in to get the smart cruise control anyways, as it wasn't available on the 16, but couldn't justify the cost. Since they pay back prorated taxes and fees, this actually will work out cheaper than if I'd just done it, even if I sold the old one myself.

This giant boobie girl I was banging before I met the Mexican girl, she had a big fight with her BF and wants to hang out tonight. IDK how that will turn out if I go, but she really likes to eat so I might go just so I don't look like a weirdo at the all you can eat Korean place by myself haha
Old Jun 22, 2018, 11:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts
Korean BBQ and giant *****? Sounds like a great Friday night.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 01:16 PM
El Jefe

Received 59 Likes on 55 Posts
Originally Posted by TeStUdO View Post
Korean BBQ and giant *****? Sounds like a great Friday night.
Don't forget the ****
Old Jun 22, 2018, 01:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 712 Likes on 670 Posts
Originally Posted by mikesevo8 View Post
Sean ... how's the motor rebuild coming??
Finishing up the chassis this weekend. I got the old wiring harness removed and the new partially installed last weekend. This weekend, going to finish wiring harness (including redoing the datalogging stuff that was wired in previously), rebuild and install the X front brakes, rebuild rear brakes, and put Dallas's top mounts on the rear coil overs. Motor assembly starts next weekend.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 02:19 PM
Evolved Member

I ate way too much at lunch. If I go eat with her, she will make fun of me for not eating enough then not put out. She's a savage like that.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 03:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by WestSideBilly View Post
Don't forget the ****
**** after Korean BBQ? That's a hell of a gamble.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 05:04 PM
El Jefe

It's Cali, though...
Old Jun 25, 2018, 07:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts
Oh so tired and so sore.

So worked 9 hours OT on Friday, didn't catch up on work while there at all. Just did some side stuff that had to get done, but with no time limit, but I decided that I should polish that off.

Sat, friend of mine called to say we should go to C&C in the small town. Went and it was a total waste of time. Wapce called and said the kids really wanted to go to the zoo, so we did that Sat afternoon. She wanted us to carry the double stroller, which I knew was a mistake, and vehemently argued against, so we took the double stroller. Pushing that thing and 2 kids in it, walked 8 miles according to my iphone, and almost had a heat stroke from all the heat and humidity. I was totally miserable, but did it for the kids.

Sun, tried to sleep in, didn't get to, had to let out the dogs and take care of the kids. Then wapce gave up some squishy time, but that was counter-productive. It was great, and that put her right to sleep until well into the afternoon from 9am. Then, cleaning up and laundry, and telling the kids to help but them not doing so ended up in me being grumpy pop and wapce mad at me for enforcing discipline. She stayed mad at me, I drove the wut to the store and got stuff. Came home and cooked, put the kids to bed, then stayed up well into the night playing GTA.

I arrive to werk to a computer that doesn't function, spent a long time fixing that. Now I have heartburn from all the coffee and a bunch of people not showing up for things.

stupid 1st world problems.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 07:33 AM
Evolved Member

Don, remember your training ...

Old Jun 25, 2018, 07:34 AM
Evolved Member

Also this ....

Old Jun 25, 2018, 07:39 AM
El Jefe

I also had a weekend, but since I don't have kids, it was mostly better than Don's.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 07:40 AM
El Jefe

Although WAPCE, true to form, got drunk Saturday and had a meltdown.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Attention: Post Whores IX - Whores have nine lives

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.