Notices
The Back Room Off topic discussions for thick skinned, can take a joke members. Evom rules apply.

Attention: Post Whores IX - Whores have nine lives

Old Jul 2, 2018, 03:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
I've got to say the cayenne diesel may be the best long drive vehicle I've ever owned. We pretty much ran from 70-85mph the whole way home except for the first 2 hours getting through Chicago which was stop and go and averaged 32mpg. The thing has a 26 gallon tank so the range is crazy. We made it from the NW side of Chicago to about 20 miles south of Lexington KY on half a tank. The air suspension is nice to be able to drop the ride height and dial up some firmness when you want play and then to float along and soak up the crappy roads when you just want to log miles and this is the first car I've owned with ventilated seats that actually work.
The following users liked this post:
ninjacoco (Jul 8, 2018)
Old Jul 2, 2018, 08:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts
ok so, I'm still alive.

Last week was crazy- my update from last time was pretty much the continuance all week. Mon and Tue was werk, and I just couldn't wait to get out. Wed was the trip to the beach, went to Atlantic Beach, NC to spend the rest of the week at a timeshare. It was bad, we got there and a kid pooped in the pool closing it for the night so they could sanitize. Thurs, we went 1st thing to the beach. Set up umbrellas and the chairs and started drinking. Wapce and Kiddos went straight to the water. Wapce got a chair and sat at the edge of the water. We sat there and sat there and the kids played in the surf, I got more rum and 7up and drank myself fun. Kids complained and wanted to go to the pool. IDK why we would drive all the way to the beach to go to the pool, but whatever. We went to the pool, which was hot. It was like swimming in p!ss, which I believe is the situation at any public pool. It was gross. Wapce and kids wanted to go in, it was crappy and apparently I was the bad guy who wanted to stay out and have fun. Apparently, they got sunburnt, and looked like little lobsters. It was funny, I didn't get burnt, because I had the awareness to reapply sunscreen and sit in the shade. I told them to do it, but no one listened. Apparently, that's all my fault. I spent time flying my power kites and being drug along the beach having fun, I even did some night flying. Fri, I slept in, Kids and wapce were miserable, so all they wanted to do was sit in the condo and play on Wifi. They didn't want to go out, they were miserable. Sat, we drove home, swung by parent's house to return their things, then back home. Sun, day of work. Got up, made waffles for the family. Had a headlight out on the jeep, changed those. Did several loads of laundry from the trip. Then got to mowing the yard. About 3/4 of the way through, I came in to get a drink and check on the kids. Oldest child says, I think I have a headache and I feel like I am going to barf. I said "go to the bathr..." and as soon as I said that, he spewed like a fountain. He did that a few more times, all over my carpet. I had to clean carpet, and then finish mowing. I was going to give the dogs a bath, since they were pretty dirty, but that was put on hold. I got everyone settled and in bed, and then I needed to decompress, I played GTA 5 until time for bed.

Fail of a vacation week, but I wasn't at werk.

That Cayenne would be a great car to make a cross country run Hotrod. It's amazing how they figured out how to make things really comfy for such a large car and very capable vehicle. WTG Porsche.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 08:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts
No work today thanks to Canuck Day.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 08:57 AM
El Jefe

Received 59 Likes on 55 Posts
Happy Canada Day, eh
Old Jul 2, 2018, 08:57 AM
El Jefe

(ya hoser)
Old Jul 2, 2018, 09:20 AM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by hotrod2448 View Post
...this is the first car I've owned with ventilated seats that actually work.
Everyone that I've tried felt like I sat in a puddle, but I also don't really like heated seats either. Mild climate makes both unnecessary. Does it have the heated wheel? I have seen it, but never actually tried it.

I went to a party with a bunch of 25-30 year olds Saturday and it was super boring for the most part. They just stood around drinking and talking about work. One of the girls has a younger brother with Aspergers and she brought a 19 year old socially awkward girl to try to hook him up with (she knows her from league D&D matches) but he just sat there behind his mirror aviator sunglasses drinking Anchor Steam and ignoring her. I felt bad for her just standing there drinking water in a corner, so I started talking to her. She actually turned out to be pretty fun to talk to once she opened up. So I made a new friend. She's a gross ginger so I'm not interested in her that way, but maybe she has an awkward chubby Asian friend or something.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 10:09 AM
Evolved Member

Am I wrong in thinking that the only people who wear mirrored aviator sunglasses are douchebags? Unless you are actually behind the sticks of a plane, you should not wear those. Allow me to retreat behind my Ray Ban Wayfarers.........
Old Jul 2, 2018, 10:09 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CaliMR View Post
Everyone that I've tried felt like I sat in a puddle, but I also don't really like heated seats either. Mild climate makes both unnecessary. Does it have the heated wheel? I have seen it, but never actually tried it.

I went to a party with a bunch of 25-30 year olds Saturday and it was super boring for the most part. They just stood around drinking and talking about work. One of the girls has a younger brother with Aspergers and she brought a 19 year old socially awkward girl to try to hook him up with (she knows her from league D&D matches) but he just sat there behind his mirror aviator sunglasses drinking Anchor Steam and ignoring her. I felt bad for her just standing there drinking water in a corner, so I started talking to her. She actually turned out to be pretty fun to talk to once she opened up. So I made a new friend. She's a gross ginger so I'm not interested in her that way, but maybe she has an awkward chubby Asian friend or something.
No heated wheel. I've had a few vehicles that have, I can take or leave it. If I lived somewhere that actually got cold I'd like it more. For here I think the thermally insulated glass would be nicer to have so the wheel isn't 400į when leaving work.

On a side note, it surprises me the stuff people leave in cars. Not only did I get a free Crosby, Stills, Nash AND Young CD with the car. The guy also left his insurance cards, list of destinations in the nav, including home and his phone book that he imported. I did some light e-stalking and looked the house up on Zillow. I'm pretty sure I got the car for the nanny to truck the kids to private school, the country club, lacrosse, polo and whatever else rich kids are into these days.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 10:55 AM
El Jefe

Did you get the address of the mistress?
Old Jul 2, 2018, 10:55 AM
El Jefe

Originally Posted by DonHugo View Post
Am I wrong in thinking that the only people who wear mirrored aviator sunglasses are douchebags?
You are not wrong.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 12:10 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by WestSideBilly View Post
Did you get the address of the mistress?
No, Iím certain I couldnít afford her even if I did.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 01:42 PM
El Jefe

Blackmail value... come on man!
Old Jul 2, 2018, 04:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by DonHugo View Post
Am I wrong in thinking that the only people who wear mirrored aviator sunglasses are douchebags? Unless you are actually behind the sticks of a plane, you should not wear those. Allow me to retreat behind my Ray Ban Wayfarers.........
I actually kind of like them, but they don't fit my head and gape letting light in to hurt my eyes when they are all dilated to see in the shade. The only sunglasses that fit my tricorne head is the only glasses even doucheir than aviators: Oakleys. The monster dogs or whatever they are called. I only wear them at the track or occasionally if it is really bright in the Civic with the balaclava.

They hauled off my truck before I could blank all the data, but all it had was my nav history which who cares and my home address (set for the main street near me). I never put other ones in there since I usually use the phone anyways, and didn't sync the contacts in case some girl's name pops up when I am with another girl. The new one, the salesman synced the contacts before I noticed what he was doing, and I've been too lazy to do a reset since I'm single anyways. BTW, <3 this truck. It's just like my old one but has smart cruise control. The lane departure thing is crap and I turned it off. It was reading tar snakes I think and going off all the time for no reason.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 06:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts
Hoping we get a "Happy 4th of July" thread from Evolvo.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 07:06 AM
Evolved Member

So, I had to bolt yesterday since 3H was still not feeling well, at least he has the wherewithal to notice when he's about to yak and goes to the bathroom now. Still yakking but doesn't want to go to the doc. says he feels a little better but I don't want to chance it, I'm telling wapce to take him.

Wapce tells me she has another migraine, calling pharmacy to get another refill on migraine med, she's polished off this bottle in no time. I'd say she's popping too many pills but she's sleeping and not yelling at me so, do you want a glass of water honey bunny?

I'm getting more and more ill with the activities of daily life, I swear if it wasn't for martial arts kicking my tail each night, I'd flip out and resume drinking like a fish or start smoking again.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Attention: Post Whores IX - Whores have nine lives

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.