Notices
The Back Room Off topic discussions for thick skinned, can take a joke members. Evom rules apply.

Attention: Post Whores IX - Whores have nine lives

Old Jul 8, 2018, 07:39 PM
Balls of Steel

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by hotrod2448 View Post
Bought a '14 Cayenne diesel last night. Found a total unicorn in great condition with lower miles, premium package plus, towing package and CPO for reasonable money. Now I get to go to Chicago to collect and try to coordinate with a Cubs home game for the wife.
<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3333333

Stef is jarglus. I need one of those.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 07:44 PM
Balls of Steel

Originally Posted by TeStUdO View Post
Hoping we get a "Happy 4th of July" thread from Evolvo.
I miss Evolvo.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 07:48 PM
Balls of Steel

Originally Posted by hotrod2448 View Post
is she on birth control? My wife got horrible migraines and some other awful side effects while taking that stuff. It was bad enough that it almost ended our relationship. We only figured out the relationship after she developed osteopenia and had to get off it to get her bone density back. Magically a few weeks later when her hormones leveled back out, no more headaches, sex drive came back, generally *****iness decreased significantly. It was a significant improvement.

And my buddy that gets migraines swears the best prevention is staying well hydrated.
Oof. Hydration helps, and I haven't had that issue with birth control, but every body's different. Late to the convo, but if you're having that many migraines, you should probably look into preventative meds. It'll probably take some trying out of different solutions, but I ended up on a prescription usually meant for blood pressure issues or something different that just so happened to reduce my migraine frequency down to only if things are really, really, really bad. Also, we figured out that I have tension headaches in addition to the migraines, which was really fun after years of chasing migraines only. Sigh.

FWIW, caffeine sometimes helps open up the blood vessels that constrict in a migraine, too. My high-powered tension headache meds have some in it. Also, remember to eat? When I don't, it's pain time.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 07:52 PM
Balls of Steel

Originally Posted by WestSideBilly View Post
I pooped on a plane while flying on a Sunday... so I was getting paid double time while on an expensed plane ticket.
This sounds a lot like my rationale for taking the buyout at work.

"So, you're going to pay me my usual salary for a while...and let me freelance........and pay me freelance pay on top of my regular salary? SIGN ME UP."
Old Jul 8, 2018, 07:52 PM
Balls of Steel

also, in case coco is not clear in this spree of cocoposts: coco needs a Cayenne Diesel SO BAD
Old Jul 8, 2018, 07:55 PM
Balls of Steel

Dagnabbit.

Counterpoint: naked fries suuuuuuuuuuck. Fries are a vehicle for sauces and other things. They kinda suck on their own.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 07:55 AM
El Jefe

Received 59 Likes on 55 Posts
Originally Posted by ninjacoco View Post
also, in case coco is not clear in this spree of cocoposts: coco needs a job SO BAD

Old Jul 9, 2018, 08:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by ninjacoco View Post
Dagnabbit.

Counterpoint: naked fries suuuuuuuuuuck. Fries are a vehicle for sauces and other things. They kinda suck on their own.
I tried the fries at the Mexican place I like, and they fry them in the same oil as the taquitos and stuff, and they use fat fries and actually cook them the right amount, so they are delicious even plain. It's like eating little potato taquitos.

You're leaving the sinking ship, huh? I barely even read any of the articles there anymore (mostly yours and the women in motorsports ones, though her writing style is pretty dull), as it has gotten too...cliquey isn't the right word, but everyone has a "this is what I like and anyone who likes anything else is stupid" kind of attitude. Sean's articles were interesting even when he wrote about bikes I have zero interest in, because he went in with an open mind and tried to find what it is that people like about them rather than just be all cruisers suck hur hur.

I blame Fancy Kristen for the whole thing.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 09:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts
Coco needs a jerb, let's find her one.......

This weekend was a whole lot of fail. It was a weekend to use as a bargaining chip at a later date. Let's recap

FRI- worked overtime and I got home, wapce immediately says she's going to a play in GSO to get ideas and talk with someone about her play. She left me with kids all night and didn't get home until about 11pm.
Sat- slept in some, not a lot, and then cleaned house. She wanted to go to the same play again, this time taking a good family friend of ours. Meanwhile, I went to a coworker's kid's birthday party with the 3 kiddos. Bouncy house and water games for kids, I brought Piņa coladas and drank. Coworker is an awesome cook, she made all kinds of delish foods and I ended up with the worst heartburn, but worth every bit of it. Wapce didn't get home until after 10pm, ditched me with kids all night.
Sun- slept in until 10am, cleaned more of the house, then wapce and kids all went to see a concert. This little kid that wapce used to babysit is now in a bluegrass band and apparently really good, so she went to go support them. I stayed home and played GTA. They came home later, at the time when kids were supposed to get in bed.

This will come up later, I'll get to use that card one weekend when she fusses about being left with the kids. This upcoming weekend another friend is planning a drive with his group of wuts, maybe I can pull that string and go.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 09:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts
The "fun scorecard" people keep during marriage sounds like absolute hell.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 09:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by TeStUdO View Post
The "fun scorecard" people keep during marriage sounds like absolute hell.
Oh it is. It SO is. Plus, no matter what the score is, she's always going to win. You could have that scorecard and be ahead by bus-lengths, but when the time comes, wapce always wins.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 02:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts
Happy wife, happy life. Just let her have it.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 05:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts
Old Jul 9, 2018, 07:29 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Well apparently I haven't been here in 7-8 months. I should be better about that. 'sup ******.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 07:32 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
WTF this infinite scroll thing is confusing and ****ing dumb.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Attention: Post Whores IX - Whores have nine lives

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.