Go Back  EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community > Miscellaneous > The Back Room
Reload this Page >

Attention: Post Whores IX - Whores have nine lives

Notices
The Back Room Off topic discussions for thick skinned, can take a joke members. Evom rules apply.

Attention: Post Whores IX - Whores have nine lives

Old Oct 12, 2017, 04:52 PM
Evolved Member

Not only at the track, but prepping the car, loading, driving to the track, driving the car (fun, but not relaxing LOL), post weekend prep, etc. Just a lot of work as opposed to put clothes in bag, arrive at this time.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 05:07 PM
El Jefe

All inclusives > cruise ships

You're on your own damn schedule. And there's a beach. And you're not likely to get sick by virtue of being stuck on a boat with the same 3000 sick ****ers.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 04:51 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by letsgetthisdone View Post
Not a big fan of drinking and relaxing? I know the trip got a lot more fun once we met some friends to hang out with on board.
I love drinking and relaxing.

Originally Posted by WestSideBilly View Post

You're on your own damn schedule. And there's a beach. And you're not likely to get sick by virtue of being stuck on a boat with the same 3000 sick ****ers.
But this is more the drinking and relaxing I like. Everything on my own terms and I can do whatever I want when I want.

Originally Posted by NFSEvolutionGSR View Post
Probably just different personality types. I will say that the last cruise I went on was memorable. A good friend of mine allegedly hooked up with Casey Anthony (I can attest that she was on the boat and that this story seems likely), and I found out that the drinking age on boats flagged out of the Bahamas is 18 in International Waters.
That story is one for the ages. She tips the crazy/hot scale.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by TeStUdO View Post
That story is one for the ages. She tips the crazy/hot scale.
This was way back before she had a kid and the extent of the crazy was truly known.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 08:31 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by WestSideBilly View Post

Other than the things I scheduled or made reservations for, I was on my own "damn schedule"...lol. Except all the bars closed by 1:30-2...
Old Oct 13, 2017, 11:47 AM
Evolved Member

Probably just different personality types. I will say that the last cruise I went on was memorable. A good friend of mine allegedly hooked up with Casey Anthony (I can attest that she was on the boat and that this story seems likely), and I found out that the drinking age on boats flagged out of the Bahamas is 18 in International Waters.
I know a guy who was dating the mom from LA that planted drugs on the teacher to try to get him fired because he didn't give the kid the right grades, or whatever. It was back when they were in school, but he was pretty stuck on her until she dumped him. Turned out he was lucky she did.

That is one thing that REALLY bugs the crap out of me. My last weekend at a NASA event was almost hectic. They cram too much crap into a weekend. I know that everyone wants to get every last bit of their entry fee out of the event, but a break here and there wouldn't be a bad thing.
Just rent the track. Then you make your own schedule. I stopped going with NASA mostly because everything is waaay overbooked and basically a train. Even the races have like 10 race classes at the same time. NCRC is way better, if you aren't actually racing, despite (or probably because of) the higher price because they have lower limits on number of people. Last time I went to Sears Point with NASA, they were bragging that they set a record for the number of people on track at one time...breaking their record from the last time...breaking their record from before that. I'm probably going to have to go back to NASA for Legends, because the other club only does small ovals and occasional dirt ovals, but I've enjoyed the smaller groups a lot. Plus not having grannies in Prii, old dudes in Range Rovers, and kids in clapped out ricers causing mayhem. There should be a lap time requirement to move up to higher groups, even the top group has people that are running slow as **** and not because of their cars.

I've never been on a cruise and I probably never will. I'd go completely stir crazy. If I wanted to sit on my ***, I'd do it at home with my cat and my Switch. Vacations are for doing stuff. I don't mind the traveling if it is something new, like driving to LV the first time, but otherwise travel time is a big part of my decisions on where to go.

What do they say is wrong with kit cars? Not having a race class? That was the big thing holding me back on a Caterham, but I couldn't say no to the Honda. Not quite a kit car, but same concept. As mentioned before, I like the idea of building stuff myself as well, but I'm too lazy.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 03:58 AM
Evolved Member

Got guilt tripped into going to the most awful funeral in my life post.

My crazy aunt's husband of 6 months killed himself last weekend. I never even met the guy but, my mom gave me the "I'm sure your Aunt and cousins would appreciate you going" speech so I went to keep up appearances. This was the second song played, claimed to be one the deceased's favorite songs:

A. Bull****, this is my aunt being hurt and making it about her.
B. If it actually was one of his favorite songs maybe, that should have been a warning sign that he had horrible taste in music and was having some issues.
C. No, that's not the guy from silicon valley in the video.

Last edited by hotrod2448; Oct 16, 2017 at 05:32 AM.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 09:16 AM
Evolved Member

Sucks. I was learning to Mick over the weekend. I can now keep them up and balanced with blips when I don't screw up, so they are true wheelies not just riding out one big up and down. I was already able to bring it up and down slow so I could ride them out a decent distance, but being able to balance and blip is a big level up. I run out of revs at 4 blips, so time to add in a shift. Or try to slow them down so I can keep the revs lower, but I think adding a shift will be easier. I can then slow them down once I'm good at that.

Old Oct 16, 2017, 01:52 PM
Evolved Member

Ride the rear brake and throttle to maintain, eliminates the need for a shift. I used to be pretty good at it.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 02:44 PM
Evolved Member

Brake to put it down, and let off for it to go back up? And you hold throttle the whole time, like two foot trail braking?

I haven't touched my rear brake since around 1996 when I switched to street, so it's hard to make myself use it now. I tend to forget and use engine braking to pull me back when I go too far.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 02:48 PM
Evolved Member

Balance of throttle and brake to hold it around the balance point. I rode offroad/hi speed desert a lot, so I'm was very used to using the rear brake.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 04:03 PM
El Jefe

Originally Posted by hotrod2448 View Post
Got guilt tripped into going to the most awful funeral in my life post.

My crazy aunt's husband of 6 months killed himself last weekend. I never even met the guy but, my mom gave me the "I'm sure your Aunt and cousins would appreciate you going" speech so I went to keep up appearances. This was the second song played, claimed to be one the deceased's favorite songs:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBOQgL731Ac

A. Bull****, this is my aunt being hurt and making it about her.
B. If it actually was one of his favorite songs maybe, that should have been a warning sign that he had horrible taste in music and was having some issues.
C. No, that's not the guy from silicon valley in the video.
God, that's ****ing awful... the song, that is.

TIL he's the same guy who wrote this song, which isn't completely awful (probably my 2nd favorite Alabama song?).

Old Oct 17, 2017, 08:24 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by letsgetthisdone View Post
Balance of throttle and brake to hold it around the balance point. I rode offroad/hi speed desert a lot, so I'm was very used to using the rear brake.
I haven't ridden off road much since I was about 8, so my street habits are pretty ingrained. I'll try to work in more rear brake, but it is very unnatural for me. I was looking into thumb brakes when I first started experimenting with supermoto, but I mostly use downshifts and clutch to break the rear because I just couldn't get used to the pedal.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 09:58 AM
Evolved Member

Rear brake is used a lot off road, I used to go through rear brakes almost as fast as fronts. I can see where it doesn't get used much on the street though.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 05:39 PM
El Jefe

Indiana FTW

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Attention: Post Whores IX - Whores have nine lives

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.