Notices
The Back Room Off topic discussions for thick skinned, can take a joke members. Evom rules apply.

Attention: Post Whores IX - Whores have nine lives

Old Jul 25, 2018, 02:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 758 Likes on 711 Posts
Idk, I always drink the EmergenC powder when I'm getting sick. Makes colds and stuff a lot shorter and not as bad if I start drinking 1-2 packets/day as soon as I start noticing symptoms.

Ah yes, I love having the need to explosively **** half way between the destination and restaurant. Usually means the food had something "extra" (growing) on it...lol
Old Jul 25, 2018, 03:05 PM
El Jefe

Received 59 Likes on 55 Posts
Most people who take vitamin C supplements end up peeing about 99% of it out because they already get enough. It's not because it's in pill form. RDA is something like 80-100 mg and the supplements are often in the thousands. You just don't need it. A single orange has > 100 mg.

Also, Vitamin C has no basis in your body fighting colds or other illnesses unless you are actually short on vitamin C (which very few people are). EmergenC and the like are pure placebo, again, unless you're actually vitamin C deficient.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 03:12 PM
Evolved Member

Concur on the pissing it out because you already have enough.

Well, whatever. Placebo or not, I seem to get better quicker and not get as sick. I know its not a double blind study, but, meh.... LOL
Old Jul 26, 2018, 07:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts
Good morning ******! On the local news they announced that they were going to be doing a crackdown on speeding in the area and it's funny to hear all the Dodge Chargers and sirens busting people. I'll be utilizing the Cruise Control for the foreseeable future.

Originally Posted by CaliMR View Post
So, I seem to have caught another bit of the Don's cloud. Had lunch at a place about 8 blocks from my office. 6 blocks out my tum-tum and my pucker both gave me warning that I would need to run back. 4 blocks out, I turned toward my home because it is 2 blocks closer than the office. I forgot how slow the elevator is, and maybe should have just kept on my original path. I almost my pants pretty bad, but barely made it. I blame the generic house brand sriracha sauce. And Don's IBS cloud.
Ahh yes, the IBS side of the cloud. It sucks. I had a bout with it earlier this week, so bad that I had to leave work. I was burping farts.......not pleasant. I've been ok for the last couple of days, so I decided to pound some beers last night. Next thing I know, I ended up drinking my dinner and I went to sleep. I woke up this morning with the beer squirts and I am hungover at work today. I really don't care about anything at all.

Originally Posted by hotrod2448 View Post
A guy that used to work for me has Lupus. His diagnosis pretty much led to a mid life crisis where he decided to quit his job because it was too stressful for someone with his condition and chase his bliss. Unfortunately his bliss led to him being unemployed and stress levels way beyond anything generated by working here.
that's exponential suckage right there
Old Jul 26, 2018, 09:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by WestSideBilly View Post
Most people who take vitamin C supplements end up peeing about 99% of it out because they already get enough. It's not because it's in pill form. RDA is something like 80-100 mg and the supplements are often in the thousands. You just don't need it. A single orange has > 100 mg.

Also, Vitamin C has no basis in your body fighting colds or other illnesses unless you are actually short on vitamin C (which very few people are). EmergenC and the like are pure placebo, again, unless you're actually vitamin C deficient.
That's basically my understanding, though there are some vitamins that supposedly your body just won't process unless it is in food. Plus the water vs non-water soluble. I never remember which is which.
Old Jul 26, 2018, 11:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts
https://lpi.oregonstate.edu/mic/vitamins/vitamin-C

I believe anything a Beaver tells me
Old Jul 26, 2018, 12:56 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Beaver
Overall, there is evidence that regular use of vitamin C supplements shortens the duration of the common cold, but the effect in cold treatment may be limited.
Originally Posted by Beaver
There is no scientific evidence that large amounts of vitamin C (up to 10 grams/day in adults) exert any adverse or toxic effects. An upper level of 2 grams/day is recommended in order to prevent some adults from experiencing diarrhea and gastrointestinal disturbances.
So, it's not a placebo and it does work?
Old Jul 26, 2018, 01:39 PM
El Jefe

Originally Posted by Inferior University Mascot
Finally, no significant effect of vitamin C supplementation (1-8 grams/day) was observed in therapeutic trials in which vitamin C was administered after cold symptoms occurred.
If you are showing symptoms of a cold, it's too late.

Originally Posted by Ducks are better, but not if they're from Oregon
regular supplementation with vitamin C (0.25 to 2 grams/day) did not reduce the incidence of colds in the general population (23 trials)
You're still going to get a cold no matter how much vitamin C you consume.

Originally Posted by Beaver Dam is a great town name
A benefit of regular vitamin C supplementation was also seen in the duration of colds, with a greater benefit in children than in adults: the pooled effect of vitamin C supplementation was a 14% reduction in cold duration in children and an 8% reduction in adults.
8% shorter... colds normally last 2 or 3 days... hooray for 4 hours of incidence reduction?
Old Jul 26, 2018, 02:08 PM
Evolved Member

I've never had a 2-3 day cold. Last one I had I missed work for a week because it turned into a ****ing URI.
Old Jul 26, 2018, 04:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts
So you saved a day, maybe.

I got RE71Rs for my car. Holy ****, they're sticky. At the last autocross, I went from bottom third to top third with only tires changed.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 08:20 AM
Evolved Member

Friday poast...

All I know is the **** seems to help, placebo or not. Meh...

Happy Friday, ******!
Old Jul 27, 2018, 08:33 AM
El Jefe

Did you order another set already? You'll need 'em soon!
Old Jul 27, 2018, 09:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by letsgetthisdone View Post
I've never had a 2-3 day cold. Last one I had I missed work for a week because it turned into a ****ing URI.
I used to take 2-3 days if I dosed myself with nyquil so I could sleep more than my usual 3-4 hours, then it was 5-7 days, now it is 7-14 days. Getting old.

Originally Posted by ambystom01 View Post
I got RE71Rs for my car. Holy ****, they're sticky. At the last autocross, I went from bottom third to top third with only tires changed.
I had those on my huh for a while before I sold it, and I liked them other than being really noisy on the street. Sound like someone sucking a pool of boogers through a straw. They got sticky fast, but I can't vouch for longevity as the car would go into limpu mode after 1/2 lap, except the last day after I fitted all the heat management crap and happened to be a nice cool 70ish but that was on a new track so I was going slow. They were certainly fun on the street.

Old Jul 27, 2018, 07:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by WestSideBilly View Post
Did you order another set already? You'll need 'em soon!
I'm hoping to get two seasons out of them, maybe 10,000 miles.
Old Jul 28, 2018, 01:29 PM

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by ambystom01 View Post
They are sticky, but they wear in really funny ways if your suspension isn't setup just right.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Attention: Post Whores IX - Whores have nine lives

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.