Notices
The Back Room Off topic discussions for thick skinned, can take a joke members. Evom rules apply.

Attention: Post Whores IX - Whores have nine lives

Old Oct 20, 2017, 04:49 PM
El Jefe

Liked 59 Times in 55 Posts
Later on Friday post
Old Oct 20, 2017, 08:34 PM
El Jefe

Friday night baseball sucks post
Old Oct 22, 2017, 07:02 AM
Evolving Member

Liked 12 Times in 7 Posts
Sunday morning late breakfast post.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 07:07 AM
Evolving Member

Liked 12 Times in 7 Posts
with toast!
Old Oct 22, 2017, 09:41 AM
Evolved Member

Liked 24 Times in 14 Posts
The Toyota browser hijack ads on Jalopnik are annoying, but they have nothing on the non-closeable ads on crash.net. At least with Jalopnik I can hit back a bunch of times until it loads with a different ad. Crash always has the same **** so it is unusable.

Old Oct 23, 2017, 03:52 AM
Evolved Member

Liked 23 Times in 19 Posts
Drove a new Cayenne this weekend. It really highlighted how wrong BMW got electric power steering. When a big *** SUV's steering is more communicative than an M car something has gone horribly awry in the universe.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 07:09 AM
Evolved Member

Liked 659 Times in 623 Posts
Monday poast.

Originally Posted by CaliMR View Post
Do you think it is better to pin the throttle, get the wheel shooting up fast, and then ease off the throttle early to get it to stop at balance, or to use less throttle and get it up slower so it can be backed off right before balance? The guy says rip it, full throttle, but it seems harder to catch that way.

Also, confirmed the Legends circle class in LV next week, but we are going straight from the airport to the track to the airport. Otherwise I'd swing by and embarrass you in front of your friends.
I liked the front tire to come up more "naturally" (?), like load the suspension and wack the throttle... vs some guys like to sue the clutch to really yank it up, which I didn't like doing. I haven't ridden a motorcycle in like 5yrs, I'm sure I can't even wheelie that great anymore...
Old Oct 23, 2017, 12:24 PM
El Jefe

The Toyota browser hijack ads on Jalopnik are annoying, but they have nothing on the non-closeable ads on crash.net. At least with Jalopnik I can hit back a bunch of times until it loads with a different ad. Crash always has the same **** so it is unusable.

I use a VPN on my phone that blocks all the popup bull**** ads. A couple sites stopped working entirely because of it, but I can live with not getting video + audio spam when I'm trying to read the ****ing news.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 01:04 PM
Evolved Member

WSB, I bought a lifetime VPN but I only use it when I'm trolling on 4chan. There is a phone app, but I haven't bothered. The most embarrassing stuff I do is post here, so I'm not really worried about the feds tracking me.

Originally Posted by letsgetthisdone View Post
I liked the front tire to come up more "naturally" (?), like load the suspension and wack the throttle... vs some guys like to sue the clutch to really yank it up, which I didn't like doing. I haven't ridden a motorcycle in like 5yrs, I'm sure I can't even wheelie that great anymore...
Yeah, that's what I do, really easy on a dirt bike. I'm more not sure on once it is coming up, do I let it go violently just to get it up there and then try to catch it, or slow it down on the way up so it is easier to catch, but then I'm out of revs too soon. I'll just play with it more.

So, I ordered a 4k 34" monitor for work because it was on sale. I didn't realize that you can not independently set DPI/magnification per screen in 7. Now either everything is unreadabley tiny on the big one, or huge on the smaller 1080. Not the text, that is easy with shift&roll, but the menus and icons and stuff like that. I might just dump the small screen, or use it only for email and crap. The one big screen is better than the two smaller ones was, with the increased dpi.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 03:39 PM
El Jefe

I don't use the VPN to avoid being tracked, I use it to get rid of popup ads.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 07:45 AM
Evolved Member

Liked 34 Times in 27 Posts
OK so I have been falling behind on poasting, so therefore I will catch up.

The world hates me. I've been dealing with it the best I can. I hate werk and I want to leave his place so bad but no prospects on anywhere else to go, I'm stuck.

I look forward to the upcoming Halloween party that's happening at my house this weekend.

My back hurts quite badly since I fell chasing after my female dog who stole a cinnamon roll from bebe girl and nipped her finger a little. That was Sunday, and here's Tuesday and I still hurt. Yesterday I went to work out, just stretched most oft he time and called points for sparring at Martial Arts.

Older male dog is getting very old. He woke me up 3 times last night to go out and still urinated on my floors. I'm exhausted and mad at work which is a very bad combination. I almost laid into someone and I didn't even realize I was doing it, I have problems with my supervisor making dumb decisions and I told another coworker very loudly that I'm not getting supervisor money, I'm not the supervisor. Apparently that was loud enough for the ineffective super to hear and I really don't care, she can't do jack to me.

TL;DR- work sucks, I'm in pain, looking forward to a weekend of drinking and costumes.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 09:42 AM
Evolved Member

Liked 23 Times in 19 Posts
WSB, I bought a lifetime VPN but I only use it when I'm trolling on 4chan. There is a phone app, but I haven't bothered. The most embarrassing stuff I do is post here, so I'm not really worried about the feds tracking me.

Yeah, that's what I do, really easy on a dirt bike. I'm more not sure on once it is coming up, do I let it go violently just to get it up there and then try to catch it, or slow it down on the way up so it is easier to catch, but then I'm out of revs too soon. I'll just play with it more.

So, I ordered a 4k 34" monitor for work because it was on sale. I didn't realize that you can not independently set DPI/magnification per screen in 7. Now either everything is unreadabley tiny on the big one, or huge on the smaller 1080. Not the text, that is easy with shift&roll, but the menus and icons and stuff like that. I might just dump the small screen, or use it only for email and crap. The one big screen is better than the two smaller ones was, with the increased dpi.
or... buy a second 4k 34" monitor.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 12:39 PM
Evolved Member

I'm probably just going to ditch the second monitor. I only used it for having two spreadsheets open at once, but so far it's been fine keeping both on the big one. Two huge ones would be silly.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 06:24 AM
Evolved Member

Liked 41 Times in 25 Posts
I need a nap poast.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 08:26 AM
Evolved Member

Liked 34 Times in 27 Posts
I need a backyotomy poast..........getting better but not well enough yet

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Attention: Post Whores IX - Whores have nine lives

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.