Notices
The Back Room Off topic discussions for thick skinned, can take a joke members. Evom rules apply.

Attention: Post Whores IX - Whores have nine lives

Old Jan 28, 2019, 04:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 43 Likes on 30 Posts
Or .... who??
Old Jan 28, 2019, 04:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts
And why another Mustang? I like GT350s but I thought you swore off Fords.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 03:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
Oh hey, I guess loading for Daytona is like a week away... sneaks up on us every time. If only we knew when it was going to happen every year we might be able to plan for it.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 07:38 AM
El Jefe

Received 59 Likes on 55 Posts
Planning is overrated.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 08:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts
Killed ducks. It sucks, but I go a couple times a year to keep my dad happy.

They fixed the main issue with the Boss by not using a Ford transmission - that was the root cause of most of the issues they had like the lock-outs, not shifting over 4k rpm, clutch sticking to the floor. Also bigger brakes and better cooling, which were fixable issues on the Boss. I've talked to a bunch of people that have and track them and they all say the ones with the tranny and diff coolers are pretty reliable, and they are standard on the 19s. There are occasional popped motors and leaking diffs but Ford has been fixing them no questions asked as long as you aren't boosted. I also don't like superchargers so pretty much everything fun from Dodge or Chevy is out, and even the non-supercharged Camaro 1LE is horrible as a DD due to not being able to see out of it and the low roof. Everything Japanese is too ugly (S209 is interesting other than the tuner tacked on widebody and wing), and European stuff is either too expensive or doesn't have a manual. I'd get a Miata and the CA legal SC kit - I haven't seen a CA legal turbo - if I didn't already have a roadster, though I also prefer not to have a cloth top DD. So back to Ford I go.

Last edited by CaliMR; Jan 29, 2019 at 08:55 AM.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 11:10 AM
Evolved Member

Had David Goggins give us a motivational speech today. ****ing hell, the guy runs nearly as much as I drive in year.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 09:02 AM
Evolved Member

I must really dress like a bum because one of our maintenance guys keeps giving me clothes. He always claims they had a 2 for 1 deal and doesn't need the second, but it's been a couple jackets, bunch of shirts, and now a poofy vest. I've known him socially since the early 90s and trained him when we hired him so it's not like he's a random, but still feels kinda weird. Oh, he's also the guy I might have mentioned, whenever a tenant hits on one of us and doesn't accept the initial no, we tell them that we are gay lovers and not interested in girls haha
Old Jan 30, 2019, 09:11 AM
El Jefe

Can confirm, you look and dress like a bum.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 09:39 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CaliMR View Post
I must really dress like a bum because one of our maintenance guys keeps giving me clothes. He always claims they had a 2 for 1 deal and doesn't need the second, but it's been a couple jackets, bunch of shirts, and now a poofy vest. I've known him socially since the early 90s and trained him when we hired him so it's not like he's a random, but still feels kinda weird. Oh, he's also the guy I might have mentioned, whenever a tenant hits on one of us and doesn't accept the initial no, we tell them that we are gay lovers and not interested in girls haha
Maybe he's interested in making the story a reality?
Old Jan 30, 2019, 09:45 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by WestSideBilly View Post
Can confirm, you look and dress like a bum.
That was at the track, I dress business casual 99% of the time otherwise. Though most of my clothes are from the 90s or early 2000s.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 11:14 AM
Evolved Member

Received 686 Likes on 649 Posts
Originally Posted by CaliMR View Post
Killed ducks. It sucks, but I go a couple times a year to keep my dad happy.

They fixed the main issue with the Boss by not using a Ford transmission - that was the root cause of most of the issues they had like the lock-outs, not shifting over 4k rpm, clutch sticking to the floor. Also bigger brakes and better cooling, which were fixable issues on the Boss. I've talked to a bunch of people that have and track them and they all say the ones with the tranny and diff coolers are pretty reliable, and they are standard on the 19s. There are occasional popped motors and leaking diffs but Ford has been fixing them no questions asked as long as you aren't boosted. I also don't like superchargers so pretty much everything fun from Dodge or Chevy is out, and even the non-supercharged Camaro 1LE is horrible as a DD due to not being able to see out of it and the low roof. Everything Japanese is too ugly (S209 is interesting other than the tuner tacked on widebody and wing), and European stuff is either too expensive or doesn't have a manual. I'd get a Miata and the CA legal SC kit - I haven't seen a CA legal turbo - if I didn't already have a roadster, though I also prefer not to have a cloth top DD. So back to Ford I go.
The S197 six speed is actually a getrag, but it's a made in China piece of ****. It's gotten a lot better though. It's actually a nice box in the S550. The gear ratios suck though.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 03:41 PM
Evolved Member

Supposedly in the Boss the hollow plastic spacers were the main issue for the lockouts (either of specific gears or of all gears above 4k rpm) and you can fix it with solid spacers, but idk if they ever got a real fix for the clutch sticking to the floor other than a GT500 pedal box which is a PITA to do. Regardless, I for sure will never own another MT82 even if it came strapped to the back of Mika Tan.

Yeah, I said Mika Tan. We all have our preferences.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 03:47 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah, it's disappointing they don't just put the tremec 6speed in all the V8 mustangs. Its just a way better transmission. Chevy manages to put it in the Camaro..
Old Feb 1, 2019, 08:24 AM
El Jefe

Seattle: 46 degrees and raining
Midwest: -20 or colder

"Seattle winters are so miserable"
Old Feb 1, 2019, 08:36 AM
Evolved Member

Vegas- Currently 49 and sunny. Supposed to be a high of 66 today. Possible rain tomorrow with high of 59. I'll take 115* summers for mild winters every time.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Attention: Post Whores IX - Whores have nine lives

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.