Notices
The Back Room Off topic discussions for thick skinned, can take a joke members. Evom rules apply.

Attention: Post Whores IX - Whores have nine lives

Old Feb 1, 2019, 09:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 218 Likes on 208 Posts
Originally Posted by letsgetthisdone View Post
vegas- currently 49 and sunny. Supposed to be a high of 66 today. Possible rain tomorrow with high of 59. I'll take 115* summers for mild winters every time.
+1
Old Feb 1, 2019, 09:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 688 Likes on 651 Posts
Something about not having to worry about my heater keeping me from literally dying in my house at night is really just nice.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 09:56 AM
Evolving Member

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Ugh... Applied Electro-magnetics= worst and hardest class I've taken
Old Feb 1, 2019, 11:14 AM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts
Yeah, it's disappointing they don't just put the tremec 6speed in all the V8 mustangs. Its just a way better transmission. Chevy manages to put it in the Camaro..
It's probably a little cheaper is the reason they use the MT82, plus they already dumped money into development and probably have a contract with the supplier for a minimum number. IDK if it is smoother or something too, as most people just want ease of use and will never drive the car hard enough to need the better tranny. Do people even buy the manual ones? I don't think I've seen one on a lot or on the street.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 04:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 688 Likes on 651 Posts
Poast weekend, 3 days later poast.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 06:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts
A filling came out while flossing before going to a SB party, so I had an excuse not to go. So that's a win for me regardless of who won the game.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 12:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts
Hi! I'm alive and so are you. The cloud didn't get me, though my patience is wearing thin. Werk sucks. For those not on my FB, I've had major car issues the last couple of days. I've been driving the wut since my daily has been driving funny. I took it to a shop and they tried to rip me off. I replaced control arms and ball joints on the Compass (they said they don't sell separately) less than a year ago, less than 10,00 miles on those, and the shop told me that I needed to replace inner and outer tie rods and control arms and balljoints for $1300. I said thanks, I'd be by there to pick it up and take care of everything by myself. Now, I'm wondering if I should go ahead and bite the bullet and be a jeep bro with uber bright headlights and angry grillz. I figure the Compass has served us well, it has 175,000 miles on it, just let them give me what they want and buy a 4 door Wrangler for the daily.

Also, I thought I blew the engine in the wut. It was making a horrible racket and it smoked. I freaked out, looked all over the place, no fluids leaking, no metal on the ground, the smoking was the serpentine belt. I found the A/C compressor pulley went kaput and made the serpentine belt snap. Contacted a friend who informed me that the belt from a S2K would be the right length to bypass the A/C compressor and give me a running and driving car.

My wut still being down makes me want to part it out, sell the raptor, and buy something of V8 flavor.
I had this same thought the other day, but I need something with capability to get to work when the weather gets bad.

Originally Posted by CaliMR View Post
A filling came out while flossing before going to a SB party, so I had an excuse not to go. So that's a win for me regardless of who won the game.
I was going to head to a friends house but decided to drink beer in the recliner and be responsible and not go anywhere.

Last edited by DonHugo; Feb 5, 2019 at 12:11 PM.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 04:52 AM
Evolving Member

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Shidoobee
Old Feb 6, 2019, 06:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by Lancer7 View Post
Shidoobee
Shattered Shattered...

Don, don't know what the budget is but, I've been toying with the idea of a used 550i X drive for the wife, that might fit your has a V8 and goes in the snow requirement, until something breaks and it rapes your bank account's anus.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 09:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts
Don't you know the crime rate is going up, up, up, up, up!
Old Feb 7, 2019, 10:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by hotrod2448 View Post
Shattered Shattered...

Don, don't know what the budget is but, I've been toying with the idea of a used 550i X drive for the wife, that might fit your has a V8 and goes in the snow requirement, until something breaks and it rapes your bank account's anus.
I didn't want to spend anything. I was going to fix the tie rods and keep on driving it just because, but the cat is clogged and it's sluggish and the ambient temp sensor is malfunctioning and then what's next.....I'm just going to get something else once the tax refund comes and I have a little extra scratch to play with. I think about $25k is as high as I want to go. I like the ability to take the top off a wrangler in the nice weather, so IDK. Wapce wants a G37 convertible in bright red.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 06:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by DonHugo View Post
I didn't want to spend anything. I was going to fix the tie rods and keep on driving it just because, but the cat is clogged and it's sluggish and the ambient temp sensor is malfunctioning and then what's next.....I'm just going to get something else once the tax refund comes and I have a little extra scratch to play with. I think about $25k is as high as I want to go. I like the ability to take the top off a wrangler in the nice weather, so IDK. Wapce wants a G37 convertible in bright red.
Miata it is.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 08:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 43 Likes on 30 Posts
Mazda is always the answer ...
Old Feb 8, 2019, 08:47 AM
El Jefe

Received 59 Likes on 55 Posts
Originally Posted by mikesevo8 View Post
Miata
Is
Always
The
Answer ...
Fixed.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 08:48 AM
El Jefe

Received 59 Likes on 55 Posts
Snowmageddon 2019 v2 is upon us... 4-6"

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Attention: Post Whores IX - Whores have nine lives

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.