Notices
The Back Room Off topic discussions for thick skinned, can take a joke members. Evom rules apply.

Attention: Post Whores IX - Whores have nine lives

Old Feb 12, 2019, 10:28 AM
El Jefe

Liked 59 Times in 55 Posts
Old Feb 12, 2019, 10:30 AM
El Jefe

Originally Posted by DonHugo View Post
I already have one minivan, I wouldn't be able to stomach having 2, even if it was a fire spitting DSM beast
Originally Posted by mikesevo8 View Post
You laugh ... I had one (86). Still miss it.
I wish minivans weren't so stigmatized. I've had a couple rental minivans for different reasons over the years and I love them. Haul anything, cops ignore you, TVs and cup holders for your drunk friends, ride nice, quiet, get decent mileage...

Except being almost 40 and driving a minivan is pretty much screaming "loser Dad"...
Old Feb 12, 2019, 12:55 PM
Evolved Member

Liked 43 Times in 30 Posts
Originally Posted by westsidebilly View Post
i wish minivans weren't so stigmatized. I've had a couple rental minivans for different reasons over the years and i love them. Haul anything, cops ignore you, tvs and cup holders for your drunk friends, ride nice, quiet, get decent mileage...

Except being almost 40 and driving a minivan is pretty much screaming "swipe left "...
ftfy
Old Feb 12, 2019, 09:34 PM
El Jefe

I had a rental Chrysler minivan when I was in SoCal, I was driving and came up to a light next to a hot girl in a BMW convertible... she looked over at me and gave me the "swipe left" look... soul crushing.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 08:05 AM
Evolved Member

Liked 661 Times in 625 Posts
I had some guy in a minivan tell me there was something wrong with the brakes on the Wut because they were "squealing" (Racebrakes make freight train noises). I looked at him and said, "yeah theres something wrong with your car too (looks at me confused), its a minivan...." He rolled his windows up and didn't look over at me again. Soul. Crushed.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 09:49 AM
Evolved Member

Liked 34 Times in 27 Posts
Originally Posted by hotrod2448 View Post
You could point out that her crazy behavior and trying to rob you of anything you enjoy might lead to you "giving up" on her and finding a new WAPCE. You just have to be ready to wake up with your ***** cut off and installed in your mouth. Haha
I'd be angry about that last statement, but I cannot be angry with facts......

Originally Posted by WestSideBilly View Post
I wish minivans weren't so stigmatized. I've had a couple rental minivans for different reasons over the years and I love them. Haul anything, cops ignore you, TVs and cup holders for your drunk friends, ride nice, quiet, get decent mileage...

Except being almost 40 and driving a minivan is pretty much screaming "loser Dad"...
I'm going to make T-shirts with that on it and hope it sells

Originally Posted by letsgetthisdone View Post
I had some guy in a minivan tell me there was something wrong with the brakes on the Wut because they were "squealing" (Racebrakes make freight train noises). I looked at him and said, "yeah theres something wrong with your car too (looks at me confused), its a minivan...." He rolled his windows up and didn't look over at me again. Soul. Crushed.
As the owner of one of each, that's funny
Old Feb 13, 2019, 03:16 PM

Liked 27 Times in 18 Posts
Wapce asked if I wanted another bike....I don't necessarily want another bike, but I hadn't ruled it out. She then commented that she was upset that I was entertaining that idea, since it would be her "giving up" her jeep for me to get something fun and something she couldn't drive. That then led me to believe that it was a loaded question and I shouldn't look into a motorcycle again.
From everything that you have said, your WAPCE sounds like a delight. If you have ever seen Bill Burr's standup comedy, he does a bit about how his father used to tell his mother that "most guys would have left by now" for no very good reason. That plays over and over in my head whenever you post stuff like this.

Old Feb 13, 2019, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by WestSideBilly View Post

Here is the thing about minivans, and I say this after having done extensive field research on the subject. They always seem to do 85-90% of whatever it is you are trying to do. Want to fit a sheet of 4'x8' whatever in a Town and Country? 10% will inevitably stick out the back. Want to haul around a bunch of drunk friends? At least 10%-15% will give you **** for it. It goes on and on.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 05:33 PM
Evolved Member

4x8 sheets fit just fine.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 03:14 AM

4x8 sheets fit just fine.
I had success with that once. I had to crank the seats up to the "if I hit something, this is it" setting.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 05:06 AM
Evolved Member

true, but it's where the wife sets it anyway, so I let her drive
Old Feb 14, 2019, 08:12 AM
El Jefe

Old Feb 14, 2019, 03:42 PM

true, but it's where the wife sets it anyway, so I let her drive
It is really hard to believe that a living, breathing engineer designed the seat that way and got at least one other one to sign off on it. It should at least disengage the airbag past a certain point to give the poor soul a fighting chance.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 06:51 AM
Evolved Member

Liked 34 Times in 27 Posts
The wut left me stranded last night. Took Bebe gurl to a sleepover at her dance studio, drove there, no issues. Dropped her off, get in, turn key, fired right up, no issues. Got to the gas station and pumped it full, got in turned key and everything seemed normal until BLIP! Everything off. No lights, no beeps, no nothing. Popped the bonnet to see if there was anything obviously wrong, nothing. Terminals tight, ground connected, no corrosion (I'm kind of **** about that, something so simple can make an engine bay look like it's unloved). Called Roadside assistance, and they stated it would be 2+ hours until a flatbed was available. I was waiting and a friend of mine, a motorcycle mechanic, came by. I'm standing at the pump, hood up, just leaning up against a post. He says "Everything all right?" I said "Yeah! This is where it all goes down on a Friday night, it's the SPOT!" He hops out and we start chatting and he just goes over and yanks on the metal terminal connection, turns it just a hair and says "try it now" and she fired right up. I had him and his lady follow me home, just to be sure, and we drank rum and chit-chatted for the rest of the night.

This morning, had to go pick up the little one, went by the auto parts store and got a terminal cleaning brush and a new terminal, just in case. IDK if I'll need to replace the whole thing, or just give it a good cleaning. We'll see.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 07:23 AM
Evolved Member

Liked 23 Times in 19 Posts
The wut left me stranded last night. Took Bebe gurl to a sleepover at her dance studio, drove there, no issues. Dropped her off, get in, turn key, fired right up, no issues. Got to the gas station and pumped it full, got in turned key and everything seemed normal until BLIP! Everything off. No lights, no beeps, no nothing. Popped the bonnet to see if there was anything obviously wrong, nothing. Terminals tight, ground connected, no corrosion (I'm kind of **** about that, something so simple can make an engine bay look like it's unloved). Called Roadside assistance, and they stated it would be 2+ hours until a flatbed was available. I was waiting and a friend of mine, a motorcycle mechanic, came by. I'm standing at the pump, hood up, just leaning up against a post. He says "Everything all right?" I said "Yeah! This is where it all goes down on a Friday night, it's the SPOT!" He hops out and we start chatting and he just goes over and yanks on the metal terminal connection, turns it just a hair and says "try it now" and she fired right up. I had him and his lady follow me home, just to be sure, and we drank rum and chit-chatted for the rest of the night.

This morning, had to go pick up the little one, went by the auto parts store and got a terminal cleaning brush and a new terminal, just in case. IDK if I'll need to replace the whole thing, or just give it a good cleaning. We'll see.
Time for the $$$ grounding kit from HKS.
Brighter lights! Better FUEL Mileage!! MORE POWER!!! CHICKS WILL START TO LIKE YOUR CAR INSTEAD OF DUDES BECAUSE OF ALL THE PURPLE WIRES!!!!! JDM MAGIC SPELLS AND DRIFTING!!!!
*financing available with Affirm

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Attention: Post Whores IX - Whores have nine lives

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.