Notices
The Back Room Off topic discussions for thick skinned, can take a joke members. Evom rules apply.

Attention: Post Whores IX - Whores have nine lives

Old Mar 19, 2019, 11:00 PM
El Jefe

Liked 59 Times in 55 Posts
"old soul" = death wish
Old Mar 20, 2019, 03:17 AM

Liked 27 Times in 18 Posts
Originally Posted by CaliMR View Post
The guy trying to hook me up with the 23 year old has a Range Rover Sport with the big motor. At least I think it's the sport, I can't tell them apart for sure. I like it a lot, but I've also seen the previous RRs he's had and every one of them went through either multiple motors (4 in his first, but all under warranty before he sold it) or blew the fancy air ride suspensions.
Yes, the Evoque did the same thing. None of the cars mentioned above, except MAYBE the TrackHawk, can be kept past warranty. This is precisely why I keep the Lexus. It is pretty slow and boring, but I also don't have to worry about anything going wrong.

I will say that my neighbor really seems to like his Model X. It is top of the range and was well north of $100k, but it is stupid fast. I think that they are ugly, but what do I know.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 01:17 PM
Evolved Member

Liked 24 Times in 14 Posts
No X. It's not practical to add a charger in our parking elevator, nor in his condo, plus he's only getting an SUV because he tows 450 mile round trips like 15 times a year in the boonies where idk if they even have chargers. Not worth the hassle with an electric. Plus he's a noisy exhaust kind of guy; I rarely ride motorcycles with him anymore because his are so obnoxiously loud.

The Cayenne isn't reliable because it's an Audi? The real Porsches (yes I said it, fight me) have been really reliable from people I know with them including a couple collectors who own dozens each.

They need to make a RedEye with a stick. I am starting to really suspect that the GT350 is vaporware, so I need to make a backup plan. I had all the local Subaru dealers put me on their list for the S209 but if they even get one I'm sure they will want stupid markup. I hate the Camaro, and the only borderline one ZL1 1LE is too over the top looks-wise to DD for work. (I'd shave the wing on the S209 if I got it, though I do hate how t00ner the widebody is too) Focus RS is dead. I'm not doing anything Audi/VW or BMW and the GT3 Touring has way too much markup. I don't even know what else to look at. I've driven the Z06 and it is meh, don't really want another rear engine for the new one.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 08:53 AM
Evolved Member

Liked 41 Times in 25 Posts
Two days later poast.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 09:08 AM
El Jefe

Old Mar 25, 2019, 11:10 AM
Evolved Member

I hurt my hip a month ago and it still hurts like it did the next day. Getting old sucks. When I was under 30, it would have taken a week to be back to 100% if I even hurt myself at all. The main reason I care though is because I met a 20-something chick and I don't want to be a gimp if we end up hooking up and waste what is becoming a rare occurrence because I had to stop and rest my hip.

Speaking of being old, Bronco supposedly will get a removable roof and doors and I'm feeling nostalgic.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 05:52 PM

I hurt my hip a month ago and it still hurts like it did the next day.
Man, you might want to go see a doctor about that.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 09:35 AM
Evolved Member

In the words of Miklo Velka: No! I don't wanna go to no hospital! People die there!
Old Mar 26, 2019, 09:52 AM
Evolving Member

Liked 12 Times in 7 Posts
I'm sure it's been this way for awhile but I didn't notice till today... We are now in the future! I saw some Dippin' Dots at the grocery store and they are no longer advertised as the ice cream of the future.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 03:12 PM

In the words of Miklo Velka: No! I don't wanna go to no hospital! People die there!
People also get MRI's and stuff there...and possibly medical Mary J (still a thing in Florida).
Old Mar 26, 2019, 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by Lancer7 View Post
I saw some Dippin' Dots at the grocery store and they are no longer advertised as the ice cream of the future.
I pity you. This statement means that you don't have Publix, and that is not a good thing.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 03:44 PM
Evolved Member

I'm straight edge other than booze, and even that is rare, so no Medical Mary.

Old Mar 26, 2019, 03:57 PM

I used to enjoy a little every now and then. I HATE the smell, but apparently you can now vape the oil. I could do that.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 04:58 PM
El Jefe

Why do medical when you can just live somewhere it's legal (decriminalized, whatever)
Old Mar 26, 2019, 04:59 PM
El Jefe

Also, day 4 of being in Jamaica, had about 50 people trying to sell me skunk weed so far. Our resort has a "loss prevention" team that makes the drug dealers do their deals off site.

Also, the dealers are all employees of the resort.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Attention: Post Whores IX - Whores have nine lives

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.