Notices
The Back Room Off topic discussions for thick skinned, can take a joke members. Evom rules apply.

Attention: Post Whores IX - Whores have nine lives

Old Mar 26, 2019, 05:07 PM

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts
It was 85 without a cloud in the sky today. That's why.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 09:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts
It's legal here now, I think, but it's not my thing. Weather has been Ford Explorer this year, but I'm sure it will be back to 3 days of rain a year soon. But the big downside here (other than cost of living, traffic, riots in the streets whenever there is an avocado recall) is the people. Biggest busy bodies in the world for non-religious reasons.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 10:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 690 Likes on 653 Posts
Originally Posted by CaliMR View Post
I'm straight edge other than booze, and even that is rare, so no Medical Mary.
Originally Posted by WestSideBilly View Post
Why do medical when you can just live somewhere it's legal (decriminalized, whatever)
It's legal here now, I think, but it's not my thing. Weather has been Ford Explorer this year, but I'm sure it will be back to 3 days of rain a year soon. But the big downside here (other than cost of living, traffic, riots in the streets whenever there is an avocado recall) is the people. Biggest busy bodies in the world for non-religious reasons.
While Mary J may be legal/decriminalized to various extents in certain states, it is still 100% illegal per the feds and the use/possession of it makes you prohibited from owning/possessing firearms.

So that's a big reason for Cali to stay away, other than his alleged straight edged lifestyle.

Employers can still test for it and prohibit it's use as well, which is why I stay away from it.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 11:56 AM
Evolved Member

True, but I have never heard of anyone getting their guns yanked just for having a med Mary card. IDK how it works now, if you need to register or anything. Every few years we find growers on our ranch and call in the feds to do a raid, that's the only interaction I have with it other than smelling it walking around downtown since I won't date potheads. I have nothing at all against it in general, I just don't like dealing with people acting like tards and smelling bad.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 11:59 AM
Evolved Member

Almost forgot why I came here.

Old Mar 27, 2019, 12:19 PM
Evolved Member

True, but I have never heard of anyone getting their guns yanked just for having a med Mary card. IDK how it works now, if you need to register or anything. Every few years we find growers on our ranch and call in the feds to do a raid, that's the only interaction I have with it other than smelling it walking around downtown since I won't date potheads. I have nothing at all against it in general, I just don't like dealing with people acting like tards and smelling bad.
Theres a question on the Form 4473 (firearm purchase background check) when purchasing a firearm. So if you have a med mary card and put no on that question, you're lying on a federal form. If you put yes, it automatically disqualifies you before the gun store even calls the background check in.

Also, FPS Russia is a notable person who got raided by the feds due to weed and guns. But he was a fairly prominent youtube figure.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 04:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts
Lol, so medical marijuana usage warrants an end to 2A rights.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by letsgetthisdone View Post
it is still 100% illegal per the feds and the use/possession of it makes you prohibited from owning/possessing firearms.
I work for a defense contractor. We have to comply with all USAF regulations per our contractual obligations. Still, no ****s given. As long as our units are delivered on time, no one cares.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 05:45 PM

I would also like to say that I am not a pot head. I haven't smoked weed in...10 years? I would just enjoy a joint from time to time. Still, I am not about to break the law to get some.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 03:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
When the wife and I were in CA it was weird seeing all of the dispensaries and their advertising up and down the highways. We joked about going and checking one out. I've never smoked and she hasn't since college so, it was more of a novelty to us. Glad we didn't, I got a random drug test at work for the first time in 20 years a week after we got home.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 09:16 AM
Evolved Member

Received 43 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by hotrod2448 View Post
I got a random drug test at work for the first time in 20 years a week after we got home.
Yeah, because you went to California...
If you had went to Colorado, it would have been the next day
Old Mar 28, 2019, 09:30 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by letsgetthisdone View Post
Theres a question on the Form 4473 (firearm purchase background check) when purchasing a firearm. So if you have a med mary card and put no on that question, you're lying on a federal form. If you put yes, it automatically disqualifies you before the gun store even calls the background check in.

Also, FPS Russia is a notable person who got raided by the feds due to weed and guns. But he was a fairly prominent youtube figure.
True, but in the real world with normal people it never comes up. And I don't think there is a registry, so not going to show up in the check. Not that it matters to me since I don't do it, but it seems to be something they don't bother with enforcing.

Also as just an interesting (at least to me) tidbit, I and all the attorneys I know who shoot miss the same one question on the CA gun buyer test the first time we buy one: how long after a felony can you buy a gun. It's hammered into us that you can do anything as long as there is enough of a time gap and a disclosure, so we all assume it's the same. But it isn't.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 11:23 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ambystom01 View Post
Lol, so medical marijuana usage warrants an end to 2A rights.
It does per the law. I don't agree with it. Just like I don't think weed should be illegal.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 01:30 PM
El Jefe

Received 59 Likes on 55 Posts
Yeah, it strikes me that weed and guns mix a whole lot better than alcohol and guns.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 02:16 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by WestSideBilly View Post
Yeah, it strikes me that weed and guns mix a whole lot better than alcohol and guns.
I mean, you probably shouldn't be high or drunk/drinking if you're out shooting or carrying in public.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Attention: Post Whores IX - Whores have nine lives

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.