Notices
The Back Room Off topic discussions for thick skinned, can take a joke members. Evom rules apply.

Attention: Post Whores IX - Whores have nine lives

 
Old Apr 15, 2019, 08:53 AM
  #2461  
Evolved Member
iTrader: (1)
 
CaliMR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Left of you
Posts: 928
Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts
Overheard at work today:

Why are you being angry with me?

I'm not being angry. I'm being aggressively passive aggressive.
CaliMR is offline  
Old Apr 15, 2019, 11:24 AM
  #2462  
Evolved Member
 
DonHugo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: round here
Posts: 762
Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts
ugh. what a s(*&ty weekend. Friday, spent the day with baby girl because she had the day off. Everyone else was working and so I had some Papi/daughter time. We got to take the dog to the vet and spent a crap ton of money. Then I got to get home quickly and was waiting on a plumber to fix my shower. The plumber came and went and said they'd bill me, so I have no idea how much that will cost me. Middle child had a birthday party to go to at a movie theater. They saw Shazam and IDK that it was age appropriate, he's 9. Either way, it was pickup at 9pm, past my bedtime. Wapce made a deal with me to say that I could stay home Saturday and she would take the boys to the Science Olympiad, a inter-elementary school science competition. As I waited outside the theater by the wut, I was two-stepped by a stock Honda Civic. I literally laughed out loud.

Sat- woke up super early and Wapce said she couldn't take the boys and I'd have to go. I was disgusted and then I spent the whole day at the competition. His school came in 3rd out of 9 schools and the oldest child won an event on his own. Massive storms and downpours and crazy flooding, it was a crap day. I then got home and spent the rest of the day watching the Masters from bed. Wapce said I could sleep in and she'd take the kids to chuuch.

Sunday- Slept none. The house was empty and I got to watch golf all day, started drinking at 11am. Kids and wapce came home, oldest child came in asked "where's the gazebo?" High winds broke the legs free from the weights that I had put on it, and a 400 lb all aluminum gazebo was upside down in the pool. I haven't even swam in the pool. We sat under the gazebo once in the 2 weeks it was up, and we only sat there for less than 1 hour. I spent the rest of the time wondering how I am going to get it out of the pool and hoping that the liner isn't ripped from it sliding in the pool.

Today- pool guy is coming to help get the gazebo out then check if the liner's trash. Oldest child calls me this morning from school telling me that he has chest pains, he's gone to the doc and he got a steroid.

I'm totally wrecked after this weekend and I don't want to do anything except go home and cry. The cloud has no mercy.
DonHugo is offline  
Old Apr 17, 2019, 11:08 AM
  #2463  
Evolved Member
iTrader: (1)
 
CaliMR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Left of you
Posts: 928
Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts
Anyone remember when people were using stretched motorcycle tires on wuts for drag racing? I think it was in the PR or something. I can't find any references to it but I distinctly remember seeing it before.
CaliMR is offline  
Old Apr 17, 2019, 02:17 PM
  #2464  
Evolving Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Lumpy Sticks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: CA/AZ
Posts: 469
Likes: 0
Received 38 Likes on 36 Posts
Not sure how I missed this thread but sounds like its the complaints department. Perfect.

Quick background first. I work in sales for engines and engine related part, mostly for GM engines. Making sales is how I get paid.

We only had 3 total sales people. 1 that ran the showroom and 2 that run the phones and online orders. I am one of the 2. A few months back, our showroom sales guy quit. We hired another guy and he lasted a total of 2 days and quit. Couldnt handle it. So the other sales guy and I would take turns going down to the showroom to help whoever walked in. It was a huge pain. So needless to say, I got booted down to the showroom full time. It really sucks. I get stuck with one person for up to a hour at a time and cant get anything done. Fast forward another couple of weeks. The owners get the bright idea that we dont need a parts ordering person or a driver. Why? I have no idea. They also decided that our "tech" line was going to get switched over to "leave us a message and we will call you back". Well guess what? The tech guy never checked the messages, didnt call people back and the voicemail is now full. Then he quit. So what do people do when that happens? They call the sales lines to get tech help cause thats the only people they can get through to. Sometime in the middle of all this our secretary/phone operator decided she wasnt going to answer phone anymore cause all she did was pick the phone, find the person who the call was for and then transfer the call. Well ya, thats your job. Fast forward another couple weeks. One of the owners asks why my sales have gone down over the past couple months. Really, you dont know why? This is all from your bad ideas. Lets recap.

- I am now doing all the showroom sales which sucks and take way too much time for a small sale. I have no time to complete the things I need to which actually make money
- You fired the parts ordering guy. Now I have to check stock, order parts and keep inventory
- You fired our driver. No parts that I ordered are getting picked up. Cant complete a sale if we dont have parts
- Tech help no longer exist. I now take 90% of the tech calls since I have been here since the doors opened and know the most cause of that
- I also am now the phone operator. No one answers my calls on the radio so it takes me at least 5 min to find each person for each phone call. We are in a 40k sq ft building and people can be hiding anywhere

Now I spend 4 hours a day doing stuff I never used to do and he wonders why my sales are going down. Really? Time for a new job.
Lumpy Sticks is offline  
Old Apr 17, 2019, 02:37 PM
  #2465  
Evolved Member
 
hotrod2448's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Davidson, NC
Posts: 2,815
Likes: 0
Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
the ****?
hotrod2448 is offline  
Old Apr 17, 2019, 02:44 PM
  #2466  
Evolved Member
iTrader: (10)
 
Pal215's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 2,409
Received 154 Likes on 142 Posts
Originally Posted by Lumpy Sticks View Post
Not sure how I missed this thread but sounds like its the complaints department. Perfect.

Quick background first. I work in sales for engines and engine related part, mostly for GM engines. Making sales is how I get paid.

We only had 3 total sales people. 1 that ran the showroom and 2 that run the phones and online orders. I am one of the 2. A few months back, our showroom sales guy quit. We hired another guy and he lasted a total of 2 days and quit. Couldnt handle it. So the other sales guy and I would take turns going down to the showroom to help whoever walked in. It was a huge pain. So needless to say, I got booted down to the showroom full time. It really sucks. I get stuck with one person for up to a hour at a time and cant get anything done. Fast forward another couple of weeks. The owners get the bright idea that we dont need a parts ordering person or a driver. Why? I have no idea. They also decided that our "tech" line was going to get switched over to "leave us a message and we will call you back". Well guess what? The tech guy never checked the messages, didnt call people back and the voicemail is now full. Then he quit. So what do people do when that happens? They call the sales lines to get tech help cause thats the only people they can get through to. Sometime in the middle of all this our secretary/phone operator decided she wasnt going to answer phone anymore cause all she did was pick the phone, find the person who the call was for and then transfer the call. Well ya, thats your job. Fast forward another couple weeks. One of the owners asks why my sales have gone down over the past couple months. Really, you dont know why? This is all from your bad ideas. Lets recap.

- I am now doing all the showroom sales which sucks and take way too much time for a small sale. I have no time to complete the things I need to which actually make money
- You fired the parts ordering guy. Now I have to check stock, order parts and keep inventory
- You fired our driver. No parts that I ordered are getting picked up. Cant complete a sale if we dont have parts
- Tech help no longer exist. I now take 90% of the tech calls since I have been here since the doors opened and know the most cause of that
- I also am now the phone operator. No one answers my calls on the radio so it takes me at least 5 min to find each person for each phone call. We are in a 40k sq ft building and people can be hiding anywhere

Now I spend 4 hours a day doing stuff I never used to do and he wonders why my sales are going down. Really? Time for a new job.
Time to get HR and a few bosses into the same room and explain to them that if they don't give you a raise for the multiple rolls that you are filling, you will be putting in your two weeks. Sounds like it went from "not bad" to "hell no" in a matter of months.
Pal215 is offline  
Old Apr 17, 2019, 02:52 PM
  #2467  
Newbie
 
NFSEvolutionGSR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Orlando
Posts: 62
Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by Lumpy Sticks View Post
Not sure how I missed this thread but sounds like its the complaints department.
I can assure you that this is not the complaint department.
NFSEvolutionGSR is offline  
Old Apr 17, 2019, 02:53 PM
  #2468  
Newbie
 
NFSEvolutionGSR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Orlando
Posts: 62
Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by Pal215 View Post
Time to get HR and a few bosses into the same room...
Seriously, you read that whole thing?
NFSEvolutionGSR is offline  
Old Apr 17, 2019, 02:54 PM
  #2469  
Newbie
 
NFSEvolutionGSR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Orlando
Posts: 62
Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by CaliMR View Post
Anyone remember when people were using stretched motorcycle tires on wuts for drag racing?
Yes, I have personally seen this done. It is not to be recommended.
NFSEvolutionGSR is offline  
Old Apr 17, 2019, 02:56 PM
  #2470  
Evolved Member
iTrader: (10)
 
Pal215's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 2,409
Received 154 Likes on 142 Posts
Originally Posted by NFSEvolutionGSR View Post
Seriously, you read that whole thing?
I had some coffee just now
Pal215 is offline  
Old Apr 17, 2019, 03:14 PM
  #2471  
Evolving Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Lumpy Sticks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: CA/AZ
Posts: 469
Likes: 0
Received 38 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by Pal215 View Post
Time to get HR and a few bosses into the same room and explain to them that if they don't give you a raise for the multiple rolls that you are filling, you will be putting in your two weeks. Sounds like it went from "not bad" to "hell no" in a matter of months.
Ya I have had a few talks already. Has done absolutely no good. First it was "you will be compensated". Then after another threat of me quitting after no "compensations" I get "we are putting you on salary". Now here we are a few months later and nothing has changed except me doing even more work.

Originally Posted by NFSEvolutionGSR View Post
I can assure you that this is not the complaint department.
Well, too late now.
Lumpy Sticks is offline  
Old Apr 17, 2019, 03:15 PM
  #2472  
Newbie
 
NFSEvolutionGSR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Orlando
Posts: 62
Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts
I think that it is time for someone to write a preflight checklist and standard operating procedure for driving in the left lane on the highway. Around these parts, folks seem to have completely forgotten or have discarded the rule book, and I am actually getting bored with passing people on the right. It is unsafe, and I don't feel right doing it.

This is pretty simple. Regardless of what the posted speed limit is, if you aren't passing anyone, move over to the right. Traffic could be (and routinely is) moving at 15 over the posted speed limit. In this scenario, traveling 5 MPH over the posted limit in the left lane is inappropriate. Move over. The left lane is not a place to hang out and contemplate life. It is the passing lane. Also, if you forget the rules, and someone flashes their lights at you to remind you of said rules, then remember them quickly and move over. Finally, even if you find yourself in a caravan of a-holes going too slowly in the left lane, do not try and use the strength in numbers approach to do your thing. Move over.

I also believe that there is a rarely enforced law on the books in FL that can result in a ticket for the aforementioned behavior. This is a promise: I will start writing donation checks to the sheriff's association if they begin enforcing this law. I want to see results, though. We are spending billions of dollars on a new roadway network in Orlando, and drivers are meanwhile migrating further and further away from exhibiting proper etiquette. Makes no sense.
NFSEvolutionGSR is offline  
Old Apr 17, 2019, 03:17 PM
  #2473  
Newbie
 
NFSEvolutionGSR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Orlando
Posts: 62
Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by Lumpy Sticks View Post
Well, too late now.
It is never too late. Posts can be deleted. People can be forced to read the rules of posting in certain sections and then realize that there are certain prerequisites to posting here. Stuff like that.
NFSEvolutionGSR is offline  
Old Apr 17, 2019, 03:18 PM
  #2474  
Newbie
 
NFSEvolutionGSR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Orlando
Posts: 62
Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by Pal215 View Post
I had some coffee just now
Coffee causes you to waste time? I find that it has the opposite effect on me.
NFSEvolutionGSR is offline  
Old Apr 17, 2019, 03:22 PM
  #2475  
Evolved Member
iTrader: (1)
 
CaliMR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Left of you
Posts: 928
Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts
Ok, then I'm not imagining it.
CaliMR is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Attention: Post Whores IX - Whores have nine lives


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.