Notices
The Back Room Off topic discussions for thick skinned, can take a joke members. Evom rules apply.

Attention: Post Whores IX - Whores have nine lives

Old Apr 17, 2019, 03:22 PM

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by CaliMR View Post
For Racingjunk, I know guys who have bought built racecars and every single one has needed enough fixes to cost more than a new one - if you include cost of your own labor. I want new.
Certain modifications are worth the risk. An FIA cage with proof of compliance is one thing that comes to mind. That can be pricey and time-consuming to accomplish on your own.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by CaliMR View Post
Ok, then I'm not imagining it.
No, that was definitely a thing.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 03:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 152 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by NFSEvolutionGSR View Post
I think that it is time for someone to write a preflight checklist and standard operating procedure for driving in the left lane on the highway. Around these parts, folks seem to have completely forgotten or have discarded the rule book, and I am actually getting bored with passing people on the right. It is unsafe, and I don't feel right doing it.

This is pretty simple. Regardless of what the posted speed limit is, if you aren't passing anyone, move over to the right. Traffic could be (and routinely is) moving at 15 over the posted speed limit. In this scenario, traveling 5 MPH over the posted limit in the left lane is inappropriate. Move over. The left lane is not a place to hang out and contemplate life. It is the passing lane. Also, if you forget the rules, and someone flashes their lights at you to remind you of said rules, then remember them quickly and move over. Finally, even if you find yourself in a caravan of a-holes going too slowly in the left lane, do not try and use the strength in numbers approach to do your thing. Move over.

I also believe that there is a rarely enforced law on the books in FL that can result in a ticket for the aforementioned behavior. This is a promise: I will start writing donation checks to the sheriff's association if they begin enforcing this law. I want to see results, though. We are spending billions of dollars on a new roadway network in Orlando, and drivers are meanwhile migrating further and further away from exhibiting proper etiquette. Makes no sense.
Yeah, but I read this long one too.

Time to share a cynical idea! I believe that it should be illegal for certain cars to be allowed in the fast lane due to unsafe and insufficient overall power output. (i.e. Leaf, Prius, Sentra, Elantra, Versa, Yaris) XD. Also if someone has a very ugly car, like the Chrysler PT cruiser, they should get tax cuts for NOT driving it as much as possible.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 03:36 PM
Evolving Member

Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts
It is never too late. Posts can be deleted. People can be forced to read the rules of posting in certain sections and then realize that there are certain prerequisites to posting here. Stuff like that.
This is the official post whoring thread, please observe the following rules:
1. There is to be no subject
2. There is to be no rhyme or reason
3. Useful information is not permitted in this thread
4. LanEvo, Lan_Evo, DannyBoy, WestSideBilly, Crzylizard, HobieKopek, and Rexhunta are considered founding members. All others must establish post ***** status by abusing this thread as much as possible.
5. Urbanknight is the pimp and all ****** must bow down to him.

Esablished ******: Heck, if you took the time to read this and made some posts on this useless thread, you're a *****!

Enjoy! __________________

Well looks like I posted useless info in a useless thread so....????
Old Apr 17, 2019, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by Lumpy Sticks View Post
Well looks like I posted useless info in a useless thread so....????
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ba...irst-post.html

Happy reading.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 04:35 PM
Evolving Member

Alright, so I missed the intro part. At the same time though, it says there is no particular order things have to happen. So we are good!

Hello all. For all of you who dont know me, I am Sean but you can call me whatever you would like. I have a horrible job and work for horrible people but at least it pays the bills for all my bad habits. I have a wife, crazy kid and 2 dogs that want to kill each other. I also live in the ghetto and hear gun shots at night. I am the owner of a 06 Evo and it gets terrible gas mileage. I also have my own racecar that I built and never drive cause something always seems to break. I like to start every sentence with "I" cause why not. I didnt finish college so at least I have that excuse going for me. I am probably missing something but whatever. I will be here posting useless info in this useless thread if that is ok with everyone and if its not, I am fine with that.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 05:03 PM

It occurred to me that there are no females that post in here, other than Coco and perhaps Don. Pretty sure I played a part in that, and for that I am sorry.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 06:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts
Certain modifications are worth the risk. An FIA cage with proof of compliance is one thing that comes to mind. That can be pricey and time-consuming to accomplish on your own.
Legends come pretty much set up, with just upgrading to steel tank for road racing and a few other odds needed.

Welp, just got an email from the Ford dealer. My GT350 should arrive Friday. He never responded when I asked a few weeks ago if he'd got an estimated build date. Now I have to figure out how to make room for it and to get my truck sold in 2 days. Funny, I was thinking about emailing him today to cancel the order since I'm getting the Legend.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 12:28 PM
Evolving Member

CARB is at our shop today looking to see what they can fine us for, yet again....
Old Apr 18, 2019, 02:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts
You should have warned us. I could have arranged something to get you a nice, fat fine.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 03:21 PM
Evolving Member

Nah, no need. They will find something. They always do. Today they were more concerned about what we put on the dyno more then anything.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 03:40 PM
El Jefe

Received 59 Likes on 55 Posts
How big are the fines? Would it be cheaper to bribe them?
Old Apr 18, 2019, 04:07 PM
Evolving Member

Up to $4527 per vehicle. The 2 guys that came in today were the same ones that came here in 07 and fined a group of engine builders and off road car manufactures $1.2 mil, us included. Pretty sure they got a nice bonus from that one.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 06:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts
Well, stop breaking the law.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by ambystom01 View Post
Well, stop breaking the law.
**** the law.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Attention: Post Whores IX - Whores have nine lives

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.