Notices
The Back Room Off topic discussions for thick skinned, can take a joke members. Evom rules apply.

Attention: Post Whores IX - Whores have nine lives

Old May 2, 2019, 04:21 PM

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by CaliMR View Post
Good info, thanks. I've towed short dump trailers that were 12k lbs and once a boat in a long trailer that was about the same, but it's been a long time. Mostly I just tow a little 10' bike trailer that probably weights under 2k lbs fully loaded.
Okay, now I am starting to see what WSB was talking about. Yeah, those little bastards don't figure in to my logic. Anything under 12' is going to reverse like it has a mind of its own. I have done extensive field research with U-Haul trailers, and they are a nightmare to backup.
Old May 3, 2019, 09:46 AM
El Jefe

Received 59 Likes on 55 Posts
Originally Posted by NFSEvolutionGSR View Post
I am having a hard time with this one. The pivot of the trailer has to be influenced by the tire scrub to a significant degree.

I should also clarify my observation: the axle on the 18' trailer and the leading axle on the 24' trailer are within two feet of the same distance from the car. I am counting the turning leverage on the pivot point from the car as being equal.
So I'm guessing your 18' trailer had an axle about 14' from the hitch; the 24' trailer's front axle is about 16', but the middle point of the two axles is where it rotates about, which is more like 19'? So that's about 1/3 longer. Have you pulled a 12-14' trailer that's 1/3 shorter? They're super twitchy.

You're right that there's definitely a factor from the dual axles; the tires aren't perpendicular to the point of rotation. At extreme angles they'll scrub pretty hard.

But those initial movements that on short trailers happen way too fast are based mostly on the distance from the hitch to the rotation point.

Old May 3, 2019, 09:46 AM
El Jefe

I should have read your next post before replying
Old May 3, 2019, 01:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 725 Likes on 682 Posts
Yeah. The twitchyness comes from distance from the hitch to the pivot point. The shorter it is the worse it gets.
Old May 5, 2019, 05:59 PM

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts
Stainless Steel hardware is the worst. I have seen three aluminum trailers over the past week literally covered in galvanic corrosion. Unreal. I have seen it in cars, too. Aluminum fenders and SS hardware can be bad times.

I know that aluminized steel fasteners are expensive, but corrosion is an ********* ****,
Old May 6, 2019, 09:07 AM
Evolved Member

Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts
What a weekend..... So it all started Thursday- allow me to vent.....

Thursday, up at 4:30am to get ready for oldest child's field trip to the beach. I was angry to begin with just because the early rise and late return. It was a miserable trip that required more money than expected because I was too tired and forgot our bagged lunches on the counter. What's usually a 3.5 hour trip ended up 4.5 hours on a charter bus. Kids in my group didn't listen to me, except my own son, and the rest could go EABOD. We rushed around the aquarium, ate lunch, and then onto a boat for a boat ride to Masonboro Island for crabbing and shells and learning about maritime swamps. IDK if you know about the maritime swamp, but it stinks to high heaven. So busloads of children, sweating their faces off, stinky swamp, the scents were magnificent. We were forced to eat at a Golden Corral, which 3H can't eat at because of his allergies, we had to walk down the road to the Wendys to eat. Then the ride home, one bus broke down, we had to wait on them on the side of the road. After all was said and done, I walked through the door home at 11pm. I was disgusted, angry, smelly and exhausted.

Fri- werk. I should have just taken the day off, but I don't have a lot of leave so I had to go to work. 3H said that 5 kids were absent Friday, but he called from school saying that he was sick and had to be taken home. I got out of work and went home. I ended up just wasting the rest of the day in the recliner allowing the kids to be relaxing and happy. Eventually I packed up for the weekend of shenanigans which was to come.

Sat- Wapce says she's sick and needs time to sleep, We had a wedding to go to, and needed to be out and on the road by 1pm. I rushed the kids and dog out to Grandma's house and went home to get the wife. Put her in the car and off we went to the hotel. The wedding was only 1.5 hours away, but when I spoke with my friend who was getting married, he said there would be booze and dancing, so I didn't want to be in a car that long while smashed. We rented a suite at a hotel in Wake Forest, NC for the night, and it was not a nice suite. We were disappointed, but oh well, on to the wedding. Ceremony was nice, get to the reception, and walk up to what looks like a bar. I ask the pretty lady, who is dressed like a bartender, "HI! What kind of rum do you have?" She says, in the most blank faced droll response "we don't have any rum." I look around, there's a sign with 2 types of Sangria, but there's an empty box of beer on the floor. I asked her "what kind of beer do you have?" She says, again very droll, "we don't have any beer." I asked "Sodas?" since I have booze in my flask, she says "we don't have any soda. All we have is sangria and water." I just noped the eff out. I went back to my car with an empty glass and brought a cup of 7up and then added booze until it resembled the White Peach Sangria they offered. I spoke with my friend, the groom, I asked about the cash bar he spoke about, and just shrugged. We bailed at about 8:30pm and went to the store and got snacks and just went back to the hotel room. I stayed up and drank 2 drinks, wapce slept, and just went to bed at a reasonable time, angry from the day.

Sun- Wapce and I were angered at the night before, slept like crap because hotel bed was crap, checked out and tried to go to this PR restaurant in Wake Forest. We checked the website it said they opened at 11am Sunday. We drove all the way there, just to find out the website is incorrect and they're closed. We debated on where to eat after that, we had no coffee, we were just ill all morning. We ate at a Hibachi place, it was ok. We had some Krispy Kreme donuts and coffee, again meh. Then we went to a couple's massage. It was a new experience for me since I'd never been to a massage. It was weird, I'm not saying I wouldn't go again, but it was odd having someone rubbing on me with some sticky lotion and almost naked. After that, drove home, picked up pizza.

Today, I've been up since 3am with the trots. The IBS is flaring up again, and I don't like today. This sucks.
Old May 6, 2019, 09:25 AM
El Jefe

Why the **** are people using SS fasteners on aluminum? They're making a ****ing battery. Of course it's going to corrode. Get yourself some zinc plated hardware, spacer it off with plastic or rubber, and/or lube the **** out of it.
Old May 6, 2019, 09:45 AM
El Jefe

I have never understood why people who are getting married are dishonest about the bar situation to their guests.

"We're paying for a full bar" = We figured $500 would be enough for the 150 people to each have a couple drinks, when that runs out you're on your own, oh BTW we only are stocked with our personal favorites and we have ****ty taste

"Fully stocked cash bar" = We have a keg of ****ty beer and 3 bottles of bottom shelf liquor, which will last approximately 2 minutes, and also cost $9 per drink

"Beer and wine" = We got a keg of really good beer, but there's only enough for everyone to have a 4 oz glass, after that it's bottom shelf wine, we bought 16 cases for our 40 person wedding because we got a really good deal on it, enjoy your hangover and ruined clothes
Old May 6, 2019, 10:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts
I figured I was done going to weddings. Then I came to the horrible realization that my friends who have gotten divorced will be marrying again. I will use the excuse that I went tot heir first wedding to not go to their second.
Old May 6, 2019, 10:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 725 Likes on 682 Posts
I went to a wedding party in Chicago over the weekend. The party was at the Chicago Athletic Association. We also stayed in the hotel there. The open bar was pretty legit. 8:30pm-11:30pm, everything available except for the top shelf stuff, definitely wasn't complaining.
Old May 6, 2019, 11:16 AM
Evolved Member

Received 155 Likes on 143 Posts
Originally Posted by TeStUdO View Post
I figured I was done going to weddings. Then I came to the horrible realization that my friends who have gotten divorced will be marrying again. I will use the excuse that I went tot heir first wedding to not go to their second.
Yup, those friends usually don't get the same generous cash gift as they did the first round. Plus, the process of setting up a wedding freaking sucks! I would never get a divorce simply because I can't stand setting up another wedding lmao. Wedding planner or not!
Old May 6, 2019, 11:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by letsgetthisdone View Post
I went to a wedding party in Chicago over the weekend. The party was at the Chicago Athletic Association. We also stayed in the hotel there. The open bar was pretty legit. 8:30pm-11:30pm, everything available except for the top shelf stuff, definitely wasn't complaining.
Cindy's, Game Room, or Cherry Circle? Can't go wrong either way. That place is my second favorite bar / venue in the city.
Old May 6, 2019, 11:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts
I don't recall any of the invites I've gotten specifying what type of bar, but most of the ones I've been to have been bottom or 1 above bottom shelf all you can drink open bar.
Old May 6, 2019, 12:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts
With a lower car, when there is an incline to your driveway, is it better to back into the street or go forward into the street? I have only tried backing out and it scrapes no matter what angle I try, but I don't want to **** it hard if going forward is worse. (Building has a turntable so I can flip it either direction). Pic for attention and because I wanted to waste some time.

Old May 6, 2019, 12:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts
I understand not wanting to pay for everyone to get hammered, but I have been to an open bar reception and that was a lot more fun than the dry wedding reception. What I was most upset about was the "cash bar" and I get there and there's no option for booze. I later found out that when I asked about the booze, he said that brown-bagging was not allowed and they could have been charged a $250 fine for people bringing in alcohol. I was like- funk dat! I paid for the wedding reception and you're going to try to charge me a penalty after it's started? No effing way.....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Attention: Post Whores IX - Whores have nine lives

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.