Notices
The Back Room Off topic discussions for thick skinned, can take a joke members. Evom rules apply.

Attention: Post Whores IX - Whores have nine lives

Old May 23, 2019, 06:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts
It's the plastic ring at the bottom that I need. It's stupid how hard it is to find.
Old May 24, 2019, 08:15 AM
El Jefe

Received 59 Likes on 55 Posts
Didn't Flying Miata carry them for a while? Or does that fall into the $30 shipping for a $5 part territory?
Old May 24, 2019, 10:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts
Repair shop guy retired and closed his shop, so I have access to this until we get the permits pushed through and tear it down for an office building - probably 1-2 years. I'm so ****ing excited that I'm looking for stuff to do on my car just so I can use it.

Old May 24, 2019, 11:29 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by WestSideBilly View Post
Didn't Flying Miata carry them for a while? Or does that fall into the $30 shipping for a $5 part territory?
Probably the last one. It's a stupid part. I may have to just bite the bullet and get ****ed on shipping.
Old May 24, 2019, 02:48 PM

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by ambystom01 View Post
Probably the last one. It's a stupid part. I may have to just bite the bullet and get ****ed on shipping.
Find a Miata on Turo in your area and trade that bezel for yours. Isn't it stupid cheap to rent from that site?
Old May 24, 2019, 03:43 PM
Evolved Member

I am getting dangerously close to doing something really stupid. By something stupid, I mean ****ing someone I shouldn't. Because she works for me. But she keeps telling me she wants to ****. A man is not made of stone.
Old May 25, 2019, 10:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 43 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by CaliMR View Post
I am getting dangerously close to doing something really stupid. By something stupid, I mean ****ing someone I shouldn't. Because she works for me. But she keeps telling me she wants to ****. A man is not made of stone.

Old May 25, 2019, 12:35 PM
Evolved Member

I actually think she is just horny, but definitely not worth the risk.
Old May 25, 2019, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by CaliMR View Post

Old May 25, 2019, 08:20 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by NFSEvolutionGSR View Post
Find a Miata on Turo in your area and trade that bezel for yours. Isn't it stupid cheap to rent from that site?
Problem is I don't have the stock part.
Old May 27, 2019, 05:40 PM

I have had it with the guys who cut my lawn. I planted some bushes not too long ago, and I intended for them to hide an A/C unit. Much to my annoyance, they went out of their way to cut the bushes each and every week so that this could not happen. It was obvious what I was doing, and I figured that they were doing this deliberately to **** me off. So, I put a big sign in the middle of them with "Do Not Cut" written in English and Spanish. This worked nicely, and they left that bush alone. Now, this afternoon I had to spend my precious free time replacing a sprinkler head that these *******s obliterated with their mower (in a part of the yard that I have repeatedly told their boss not to mow with a mower, as they have to run over another bush to get to that patch). But tonight was the last straw. There is a pathway that tends to get overgrown with various shrubbery, and I rather thought that trimming said shrubbery was part of their job. They are clearly capable of doing it. They did an awesome job clearing away some bushes that didn't need to be cut. After having a branch jam into my shin for the 4,000th time, I decided that enough was enough. I took out the weed wacker and went to town on that crap. Looks like a UH-60 hit that area with napalm from 5,000 feet. Proper job.

Now, the question is, what do I do about this? I am obligated to use this service for a number of reasons. One of which is price, but that is not the only factor. Clearly, speaking to the head of this operation is not working, and his guys are vindictive *******s who go out of their way to make trouble. I thought about yelling at them through my Ring cameras, but I have a feeling that they will just leave and not cut my grass. I do not have the time or motivation to do this myself. I could fertilize with manure the day before they come and make their mower smell like literal **** for the rest of the day/week. But, that is about all I can think of. They kind of know that I can't really fire them, but I can make their lives miserable. Then again, I might feel remorse later.
Old May 27, 2019, 06:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 43 Likes on 30 Posts
rusty railroad spikes, hidden in said bush, will do wonders on their mower ...

rebar is also a delight to "discover" when mowing
Old May 28, 2019, 11:16 AM
Evolved Member

I had similar 1st world issues at my last place. Bid for trimming included back yard (2/3 of the lot) but they weren't doing. My lot was part of a bigger bid for about 30 properties, and I'm the one who writes the checks for the whole shebang. I had our maintenance foreman talk to them, and ask that they do the back like they were supposed to. They said they won't go through a closed gate. Policy, not that their mower won't fit. I then talked to them, gave them express permission in writing, plus I left the gate open on the day they come. They did the back, but only around the fence. Left the center still 5' tall weeds. (It had been months getting them to do it) Note how before I said I am the one who writes their checks. Don't write checks to them anymore. But on the plus side, the new company is great, and I gave them the whole portfolio not just 30 (the 30 was a test).
Old May 28, 2019, 11:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 725 Likes on 682 Posts
Originally Posted by mikesevo8 View Post

That sounds like a "great" way to accidentally remove someone's foot.
Old May 28, 2019, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by mikesevo8 View Post

I had another thought. My sprinkler system has a plug in for an external controller (WiFi/Bluetooth). I could get one, hook it into my WiFi, and turn that **** on when they are just about done remotely. The first time, they probably will think nothing of it. Second or third time, they might catch on.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Attention: Post Whores IX - Whores have nine lives

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.