Attention: Post Whores IX - Whores have nine lives - Page 2 - EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

Go Back  EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community > Miscellaneous > The Back Room
Reload this Page >

Attention: Post Whores IX - Whores have nine lives

Notices
The Back Room Off topic discussions for thick skinned, can take a joke members. Evom rules apply.

Attention: Post Whores IX - Whores have nine lives

Old Sep 22, 2017, 12:42 PM

No.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 01:34 PM
El Jefe

Originally Posted by TeStUdO View Post
Top 5! Sweet. I predict that this thread will stay open for 1043 days and have 4.3 posts per day.
You're either predicting the site will end sometime in 2020 (entirely possible) or someone (other than me) will close the thread after 4485 posts (less likely).

RIP, EvoM
Old Sep 22, 2017, 01:36 PM
El Jefe

Originally Posted by NFSEvolutionGSR View Post
No hull damage. The lift has four cables supporting an aluminum cradle. One of the cables snapped, and the boat is dangling in the air. I offered to get it down and keep it for $2,000. These people just moved in and inherited the boat from the previous owner. I doubt that they care about the boat. I need some 454 in my life.

I have had my eye on Interceptors for awhile now. They have kind of a weird shape, which has grown on me. I guess that it is just fate that this is the only one in the area. Plus, I need a boat with an I/O for salt water. I am sick of having access to a dock over on the coast and not taking advantage of that. Plus, my trailer is perfect for this thing.
Why do you need a sterndrive for salt water?
Old Sep 22, 2017, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by WestSideBilly View Post
Why do you need a sterndrive for salt water?
My boat is an older full inboard ski boat. This is not appropriate for salt water for a number of reasons. First and foremost, the boat uses water to cool the graphite gasket around the driveshaft, and that water leaks right into the hull. For fresh water, this setup is fine. Salt water...not so much. Then, you have to contend with foreign objects submerged in the water. If you hit something, bad times. It just isn't worth the hassle. An I/O solves all of these issues.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 05:02 PM
Evolved Member

Get a Volvo outdrive. Ours has been great. Only been apart in the shop for 50% of the time we owned the boat (approx 12 years now). Once we finally got the metal gear to replace the plastic one from the class action, the trim control broke. Probably bc it sat for 5 years waiting for parts.

Also, saw that the thread was already at 2 pages, holy ****, then realized it was because I wasn't logged in.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by CaliMR View Post
Get a Volvo outdrive.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 04:19 AM
Evolved Member

And sometimes if it is broke, still donít fix it.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 08:02 AM
EvoM Administrator

Damn, 100 posts in the last APW? I'm not sure I can reach a bar set so low a second time...
Old Sep 23, 2017, 12:16 PM

So, I was recently introduced to Airplane Repo. I now love this show. I kind of wish that I had a pilot's license.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 03:38 PM
El Jefe

Originally Posted by NFSEvolutionGSR View Post
My boat is an older full inboard ski boat. This is not appropriate for salt water for a number of reasons. First and foremost, the boat uses water to cool the graphite gasket around the driveshaft, and that water leaks right into the hull. For fresh water, this setup is fine. Salt water...not so much. Then, you have to contend with foreign objects submerged in the water. If you hit something, bad times. It just isn't worth the hassle. An I/O solves all of these issues.
Other than that almost all big boats that are on the ocean are inboards...

I hear you about the submerged objects though. Although hitting something with a stern drive is by no means a sure thing either. Slightly submerged logs are a huge problem around here.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 06:14 PM
Evolved Member

Los Angeles Chargers ...... it just doesn't sound right
Old Sep 25, 2017, 08:38 AM
Evolved Member

I was third *****? Wow. Didn't know I actually mattered around here.

Weekend full of crap. Did a video shoot for the University Basketball team, bunch of kids with no respect for people's cars. It was horrific. Saw a player while thumbing through his cell phone, rest his foot on a 300ZX's bumper and use the rear wing (aftermarket APR) as his elbow rest. I saw another player use an airbagged 69 Camaro RS as his personal lounge. It was the dumbest thing. When they were called out on it, they acted like they had no idea why people were so mad. Obviously not car people.

I took a pic of the cheerleaders and dance team, they asked me if I was an alum, I said yes, class of 02. One girl very obliviously said "I was in 4th grade in 2002" to which I immediately replied "kick me in the nuts and call me old while you're at it". People around LOL'd but she and the other cheerleaders didn't find it very funny. I was like GTFO.

Then it was lots of housework, yardwork, cleaning, etc. You know, typical weekend chores.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 09:33 AM
Evolved Member

Autocrossed the wut on sunday. Fun, fast course. Good times and sunburns were had.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 10:57 AM
Evolved Member

Did a bunch of running around on Saturday, picked up my new yard sweeper in anticipation of leaf season, drove the wife around to do some shopping, dropped the dog off at the trainer and had dinner at Stag and Doe. It's an ancient restaurant carved out of the bedrock by the druids. At some point in the 1950's the owner was cursed by a powerful witch to constantly be either hanging wood paneling or installing track lighting, which explains the current state of the restaurant but, the food is good so...

Yesterday, went to brunch, dropped wife off at airport, she's gone all week for work, played Destiny 2 for a solid 8 hours, sat in the hot tub for a bit and then bed. I feel like a million bucks today.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 11:12 AM
Evolved Member

I stopped at a local "bar" with a friend last night, and I put it in quotes for a reason. The bartender handed us menus, and we asked for the beer list. She pointed it out down in the corner of the menu, then listed all the ones they were out of. Based on how many she mentioned, I asked if she could just list what they do have since it would be a smaller list. One on tap, two in bottles. And they were weird hipster honey and maryjane flavored type of things, so probably that's why they were all that was left. So I said, I'm sorry, we thought this was a regular bar not a restaurant with a few beers, and got up to leave. She got all pissed off, threw the menus at us, and yelled while we were leaving.

Was I wrong? Should I have had to wait a couple minutes, pretend to get a text, and then say I got mixed up about what bar we were meeting people before leaving? Because imo, if you only have one beer on tap and it isn't a we only have coors type of place, you should close the bar until you get restocked. Or at least put a sign up in the window.

So the next bar we went to, there was a guy who got mad when they brought his tab, kicked his bar stool across the room, and stomped out while yelling about something. Apparently he didn't look at the prices, and didn't realize we were downtown in one of the most expensive areas in the country, and didn't expect to have to pay $12 for each beer.

Was there a full moon or something?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Attention: Post Whores IX - Whores have nine lives

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.