Attention: Post Whores IX - Whores have nine lives - Page 3 - EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

Go Back  EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community > Miscellaneous > The Back Room
Reload this Page >

Attention: Post Whores IX - Whores have nine lives

Notices
The Back Room Off topic discussions for thick skinned, can take a joke members. Evom rules apply.

Attention: Post Whores IX - Whores have nine lives

Old Sep 25, 2017, 10:19 AM
Evolved Member

Getting my car detailed. Based on the pics I've seen so far, it needed it. The guy uses some chemical that is clear on application but goes purple when it reacts with contaminates. The entire rear of the car is purple.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 10:31 AM
Evolved Member

Automotive version of the urine indicator additive for swimming pools?

Reminds me, before getting some beers we played cars. I got to try his new-to-him V8 Vantage. It was filthy as he just got back from a road trip that included AX. OMG, the sound. He didn't pull the active muffler fuse so it was only when on the gas, which I actually prefer, but when you do hit the pedal it is amazing. Best sounding V8 I've heard in a long time. Just the right amount of brass, and a single pop on shifts not the computer generated popcorn like cars have now. And it was even British green non-metallic with a stick. I can honestly say I enjoyed driving it more than cars like the 458 and GT3RS. Not dynamically, as it is a pig, but the sound just makes it special. And I still think it is the best looking car in the modern era (post-288 GTO, basically).
Old Sep 25, 2017, 11:05 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ambystom01 View Post
Getting my car detailed. Based on the pics I've seen so far, it needed it. The guy uses some chemical that is clear on application but goes purple when it reacts with contaminates. The entire rear of the car is purple.
Probably exhaust.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 11:17 AM
Evolved Member

Could be a fuel additive, I've had cheap 100 octane do that because of something they use to boost the rating (toulene? I don't remember which) especially if it is a turbo car so it is running rich.

Found the pic from my Sti. This was just in the pipe because I only ran a couple gallons to top off the tank on a hot day, but it gets everywhere if you use it a lot:

Last edited by CaliMR; Sep 25, 2017 at 11:23 AM.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 11:42 AM
Evolved Member

I have had to use the cheapest crap fuel in the wut, but I've never seen anything like that. If I saw purple smoke coming out of the exhaust, I think I'd have an aneurism.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 11:47 AM
Evolved Member

Guys, the car only went purple because of the chemical reacting with contaminates.

Farmers up here get gas that is dyed purple.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 12:05 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DonHugo View Post
I have had to use the cheapest crap fuel in the wut, but I've never seen anything like that. If I saw purple smoke coming out of the exhaust, I think I'd have an aneurism.
That is 100 octane from the race track. Did the same to my bike and my wutstang (I put a splash in at the track if the ambient temp is over 95, because I'm superstitious). I don't need to use it in the Civic because vtec yo! From talking with my bike mechanic, who built and maintains a lot of the local racer's bikes, the theory is that they buy 91 and then dump in an additive to boost it to 100, and that additive is known to make the exhaust red.

Amby, it occurs to me to tell you that denial is not just a river in Egypt.

Aero gas and farm diesel are both dyed here, but I don't think it affects the tail pipe. It's just so they can catch people avoiding paying road tax on their fuel.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 12:35 PM
Evolved Member

Pray for PR, ******. The people are struggling with "apocalyptic" conditions. My family members there have lost their homes, but escaped with their lives. It's not something that I wish on anyone. People are about a hair away from going full on "state of nature" with survival of the fittest being the rule. There's already reports of people having their generators stolen at gunpoint. One gas station reported that several men came to the front of the lines with masks and rifles stating they're filling their gas tanks now. It's nuts.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 12:58 PM
El Jefe

Originally Posted by mikesevo8 View Post
Los Angeles Chargers ...... it just doesn't sound right
Especially playing in a 25k seat soccer stadium
Old Sep 25, 2017, 12:58 PM
El Jefe

Originally Posted by WestSideBilly View Post
Especially playing in a 25k seat soccer stadium
... in Carson.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 03:09 AM

Originally Posted by DonHugo View Post
Pray for PR, ******.
Srsly. It is getting BAD down there.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 03:56 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ambystom01 View Post
It probably something that reacts with iron like the Sonax wheel cleaner. Likely from rail dust, brake dust, exhaust, etc...
Old Sep 26, 2017, 04:28 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by hotrod2448 View Post
It probably something that reacts with iron like the Sonax wheel cleaner. Likely from rail dust, brake dust, exhaust, etc...
Yep. Probably just a paint decontamination product. Sonax is awesome wheel cleaner, BTW.

Bought a huge Ariens snowblower yesterday so it is guaranteed not to snow this winter.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 04:50 AM
Evolved Member

Thank you
Old Sep 26, 2017, 05:43 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by hotrod2448 View Post
Yeah it's something like that.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Attention: Post Whores IX - Whores have nine lives

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.