Notices
The Back Room Off topic discussions for thick skinned, can take a joke members. Evom rules apply.

Attention: Post Whores IX - Whores have nine lives

Old Sep 28, 2017, 04:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts
Ah ha, finally something where my 140 lb frame is an asset.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 04:58 PM
Evolving Member

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Wow! That's some light weight aluminium.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 04:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by CaliMR View Post
My buddy used his to go to cooking and butchering schools, after he finished grad school. I take him hunting at our place just so I don't have to deal with the butchering.
That would be awesome. I'd rather go to any school that isn't your typical college, but I don't have time to attend any in person.

Happy Friday ******!
Old Sep 29, 2017, 09:05 AM
El Jefe

Received 59 Likes on 55 Posts
Originally Posted by ambystom01 View Post
Ah ha, finally something where my 140 lb frame is an asset.
The funny part of it was after races, having the race director insist he weigh me, right after weighing the kids who had to carry 40 lbs of lead weights up with them.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 11:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts
Why the **** would they weight last place? Usually only people in the money get scrutinized in stuff here, and then only if somebody complains. Which is basically every time.

At the class, I think I was about the only person with more 4 wheel track experience than one of those 1 day supercar track experiences, so I actually did pretty well. The craziest and skinniest guy in our group had his teenage, nerd kid with him, so he was going super slow to keep the kid company. I also spun in the first 2 sessions testing the limits of two foot cornering, and whether they would catch me doing it (gas/brake at same time was technically prohibited) so I just creamed everyone in the corners and ended up mid pack. Against people who are not complete noobs, yeah I'd be DFL for sure.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 02:48 PM
El Jefe

They weighed everyone. It was a points series where I think the top 10 got some points (typically 16-20 people were at each race), so if someone was getting a few points for 8th by being meaningfully underweight, it was kinda unfair.

It was also run by a former professional kart racer, and part of what he was doing was trying to help the younger kids get used to the routine and requirements of racing at higher levels. There were a couple really young kids who definitely had the skills, and potentially parents with enough money, to have made a go at it. He'd pull kids aside after they drew a weak kart and tell them not to sulk, just get out there and try to salvage a podium or even a top 10 spot; the next draw they'd get a better kart and a good starting spot.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 03:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts
So, I just realized that a bunch of people downtown here must think I'm hella racist. The place is probably 80% white, 15% Asian, and 5% other for people you see walking down the street. And I'm not super into white girls, especially the type here, so whenever a decent looking woman of color walks by I bird dog like a mother****er. I always assumed that the bad looks they gave back were because I was ogling them, but today I saw some white guy stare at some black girl with that wtf are you doing in my town look, and the look she gave him back was the same look I get. Maybe I should hang my tongue out like the wolf in the cartoons or something, to make it clear what type of staring I'm doing.
Old Sep 30, 2017, 06:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 43 Likes on 30 Posts
Saw this on FB .... RIP Hef, and lol

Old Oct 2, 2017, 09:28 AM
Evolving Member

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Went to a football game for my college. Gawd it was terrible. Those were the fattest cheerleaders, poms, marching band members I've ever seen. Crowd did't care much about the game either. And what's the generic name for the student group the sits together, has hella team spirit, and riles up the crowd? Ours is the dawg pound. I know Illini is orange crush etc. Anyways, they didn't do anything unless a point was scored, didn't all wear the team colors, and generally just sat there.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 09:42 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by NFSEvolutionGSR View Post
No hull damage. The lift has four cables supporting an aluminum cradle. One of the cables snapped, and the boat is dangling in the air. I offered to get it down and keep it for $2,000. These people just moved in and inherited the boat from the previous owner. I doubt that they care about the boat. I need some 454 in my life.

I have had my eye on Interceptors for awhile now. They have kind of a weird shape, which has grown on me. I guess that it is just fate that this is the only one in the area. Plus, I need a boat with an I/O for salt water. I am sick of having access to a dock over on the coast and not taking advantage of that. Plus, my trailer is perfect for this thing.

my neighbor bought a similar boat after hurricane sandy in NYC. had a tiny crack in the hull. tried to fix it for ~2 years. never did. scraped it.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 09:43 AM
El Jefe

Sounds like a great school.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 11:43 AM

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by S6devil View Post
my neighbor bought a similar boat after hurricane sandy in NYC. had a tiny crack in the hull. tried to fix it for ~2 years. never did. scraped it.
This kind of thing isn't a big deal to me. My last project boat (current boat) had two rather large cracks. It took about a week to fix both in my spare time.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 08:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
o/
Old Oct 3, 2017, 09:12 AM
El Jefe

DatAss
Old Oct 3, 2017, 10:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
ayyy sup bby

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Attention: Post Whores IX - Whores have nine lives

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.