Notices
The Back Room Off topic discussions for thick skinned, can take a joke members. Evom rules apply.

Attention: Post Whores IX - Whores have nine lives

Old Feb 4, 2018, 05:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 43 Likes on 30 Posts
24 hrs later post
Old Feb 4, 2018, 07:26 PM
Evolving Member

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Went to a bar during the Super Bowl and requested that they play the puppy bowl on one of the TV's. Request was granted an good times were had.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 08:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by NFSEvolutionGSR View Post
Hey, if you are in the market for a crappy convertible, why not wait for the Lexus LC Convertible?
I'm not getting a Jaaaag, it is more the realization that I can have a car I enjoy as a DD instead of a truck now. If maintenance guys can DD a Jag here, then I can certainly pull off a 20 year old Porsche without looking too pretentious and hopefully not get it keyed too often.

And looking at prices, they are still 50k. Screw that. Any ideas on something else? I want a comfy seat and fun, but still reliable, in the 30s at most and with a stick.

Last edited by CaliMR; Feb 5, 2018 at 08:48 AM.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 09:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by CaliMR View Post
I'm not getting a Jaaaag, it is more the realization that I can have a car I enjoy as a DD instead of a truck now. If maintenance guys can DD a Jag here, then I can certainly pull off a 20 year old Porsche without looking too pretentious and hopefully not get it keyed too often.

And looking at prices, they are still 50k. Screw that. Any ideas on something else? I want a comfy seat and fun, but still reliable, in the 30s at most and with a stick.
5 old miatas?

I've been eyeing old Cayman Ss for this same task.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 12:32 PM
Evolved Member

I tried a Cayman back in aught-six, but the center console hurts my knee. I liked it otherwise. I do like the new Miata with the swing top, but I do want something nicer if I'm going to go with a non-truck.

By nicer I mean that my fat *** will fit in and be comfortable.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 01:27 PM

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts
I do like the new Miata with the swing top, but I do want something nicer if I'm going to go with a non-truck.

By nicer I mean that my fat *** will fit in and be comfortable.
Fiat 124 Abarth
Old Feb 5, 2018, 05:39 PM
Evolved Member

Can you just crank the boost, or does it need mods? I rather avoid issues with CARB. I'd be more likely if it had the folding hard top though.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 03:10 AM

Can you just crank the boost, or does it need mods? I rather avoid issues with CARB. I'd be more likely if it had the folding hard top though.
I don't know anyone who tunes Fiat vehicles. As with most European vehicles, I would imagine that it is doable but with a high BS factor. I assume that that car is direct injection, which can complicate things.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 03:11 AM

I kind of want to race in the new Tesla-only series. Those Electric GT P100DL's look insane. The range is going to be a problem, but that seems like the future, regardless.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 04:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by Lancer7 View Post
Went to a bar during the Super Bowl and requested that they play the puppy bowl on one of the TV's. Request was granted an good times were had.
The highlight of Super Bowl Sunday for me was the guest referee sloth scoring a touchdown in the puppy bowl.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 10:31 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by NFSEvolutionGSR View Post
I don't know anyone who tunes Fiat vehicles. As with most European vehicles, I would imagine that it is doable but with a high BS factor. I assume that that car is direct injection, which can complicate things.
The guy who seems to be the big tuner claims 200 whp with just a tune, from like 130 stock. The Miata SC kits seems to be similar peak.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 02:44 PM
El Jefe

Received 59 Likes on 55 Posts
Guize
Old Feb 6, 2018, 03:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
bump
Old Feb 6, 2018, 04:04 PM
Evolved Member

Sunday afternoon, a Chinese friend of mine admitted that Days of Thunder is his favorite movie and he estimated that he has seem it 300 times because he would just put it on when he was bored in college.

I need to rewatch it so I can remember the rest of the quotes to start peppering them into conversation when he's around. I already did dropping the hammer, this is for consumption, and the ain't got no use for them speech but with Asians in place of drivers.

Yes, his being Chinese is relevant. He's a city boy, from Chinese immigrant parents, so there is no reason he should like NASCAR or Days of Thunder. Yeah, he likes NASCAR too, though it was harder to get him to admit that.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 04:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 43 Likes on 30 Posts
Don't leave out "monkey ****ing a football"

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Attention: Post Whores IX - Whores have nine lives

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.