Notices
The Back Room Off topic discussions for thick skinned, can take a joke members. Evom rules apply.

Attention: Post Whores IX - Whores have nine lives

Old Feb 12, 2018, 07:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by CaliMR View Post
My X5 did that, and the dealer said it was normal. They didn't want to pay for the rim that they somehow bent doing an brake job. They also tried to pull the "it was like that when you brought it in" when they broke my windshield doing an oil change, then offered to replace the windshield with a non-rain sensor windshield. That era's wipers did not have a manual override, just sensitivity settings. Then another dealer forgot to tighten the bolts when they removed the intake to get to the oil leak under it. And another exploded my end tanks when flushing my radiator. And another forgot to replace the water pump though they charged me for it, and it broke and dumped all the coolant and oil on the way home. I <3 BMW dealers

If she is playing me, I don't get what her end game is. She was the one who wanted to be a couple and was adamant that she did not want to do an open relationship, and I barely spend any money on her since she usually comes late and eats dinner on the way (without telling me so I can eat) if she even does show up. She might even be a worse GF than the coke head was
Control? She’s got you locked down while she’s out with friends, doing whatever, while keeping you sitting at home, not doing ****.
Old Feb 13, 2018, 03:16 AM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts
Ahoy hoy. My beater Civic finally went poop yesterday. Started it, it went about ten feet and shut off. Turns over but wont fire. Has spark and fuel. I will compression test it tomorrow, but I am pretty sure it's dead. It lasted 250k for 1k dollars, so I am happy with it.
Old Feb 13, 2018, 03:47 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TeStUdO View Post
Ahoy hoy. My beater Civic finally went poop yesterday. Started it, it went about ten feet and shut off. Turns over but wont fire. Has spark and fuel. I will compression test it tomorrow, but I am pretty sure it's dead. It lasted 250k for 1k dollars, so I am happy with it.
Are you going to get a Spoon engine for it from Hector?
Old Feb 13, 2018, 05:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 43 Likes on 30 Posts
Old Feb 13, 2018, 06:46 AM
Evolved Member

I have to say, I'm loving the egg. Did pizza Friday night and it turned out excellent. Also came to the conclusion I am never going to make my own dough. $4 from a local pizza place and it's ready to go is well worth the science involved in trying to make that **** right.

There is definitely a learning curve going from gas to charcoal. The first few things I did tasted like they were cooked in an ashtray because I didn't wait long enough for the fire to settle. The wife was definitely starting to give me the "We wasted how much money for food to taste like this?" look after the second time. But I'm starting to get it figured out now. Next thing I need is a thermapen to help me get my time time to temp figured out.
Old Feb 13, 2018, 10:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts
I just switched from coal to NG (because I'm in a condo now), which is terrible. I should have just gone with propane and dealt with the bottles.

Originally Posted by NFSEvolutionGSR View Post
There is a thread on one of the other Wut forums about a BMW dealer joyriding in a customer's brand new M4. Not that I would ever buy a new BMW, but something has got to be done about that dealer network.
Most dealerships are ****, regardless of brand. Just as most (insert business here) are ****. Bike dealers tend to be better, but they universally have retarded waits for warranty parts (3 months for Duc head gasket, 6 months for BMW revised triple clamp , 6 months for new shock on the Aprilia). Except Suzuki dealers. They suck because at this point only squids buy their bikes.

Originally Posted by hotrod2448 View Post
Control? She’s got you locked down while she’s out with friends, doing whatever, while keeping you sitting at home, not doing ****.
I think she's just retarded.
Old Feb 13, 2018, 10:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 43 Likes on 30 Posts
I think she's just retarded.
says the man sitting around his place (like a good boy) waiting for her to show up ...
Old Feb 13, 2018, 11:19 AM
Evolved Member

From now on, I'm only going to make plans with her on nights that I'd be home anyways. No more daytime ****, either. So I still get *** occasionally, but with none of the crappy parts of having a GF. Eventually she will figure it out, but until then it's win win for me. Normally I wouldn't use a person that way, but it's basically the same thing she's doing to me so it's fair. Also, the prospects I have lined up I'm not super excited about.
Old Feb 14, 2018, 05:17 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by hotrod2448 View Post
Are you going to get a Spoon engine for it from Hector?
Ha. Found a few Civics on Craigslist that I am looking at this weekend. I try to stick to 96-05 Civics for my commuter beater but it is getting increasingly harder to find one without fart can exhaust, neon or crazy paint.
Old Feb 14, 2018, 08:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts
Happy Valentines day ******, aka Steak and BJ day.

I had a friend of mine, (female, unknown if she prefers taco to sausage, but I digress) she posted up a meme of "I'm celebrating this Valentine's day like Han............Solo" with a picture of Harrison Ford firing the blaster. I replied with, "at least it's not like he did with Greedo, shoot first then disappear....wait, whut?" HAHAAAAA!!!!
Old Feb 14, 2018, 08:59 AM
Evolved Member

Old Feb 14, 2018, 11:31 AM

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts
Most dealerships are ****, regardless of brand.
Very true. Although, I have been pleasantly surprised with most Mitsubishi dealers in this area. The one closest to me is garbage, but pretty much all of the others without exception are very good. That being said, you cannot expect to get the correct part if you don't first supply the exact part number.

The one that has been most disappointing is the Land Rover dealer. I think that they are used to dealing with old bitty types and soccer moms, because some of the crap that comes out of the Service Adviser's mouth is astounding. Considering that both Land Rovers (Evoque and Discovery Sport) have had to go back to the dealer on a flatbed two or three times before seeing 20k miles, I would not ever considering getting one of their vehicles. That coupled with their general "stuff just happens" attitude is a deal breaker and then some.
Old Feb 14, 2018, 02:39 PM
El Jefe

Received 59 Likes on 55 Posts
Originally Posted by DonHugo View Post
Happy Valentines day ******, aka Steak and BJ day.
Steak & BJ day is March 14. Get your holidays straight, man!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steak_and_Blowjob_Day
Old Feb 15, 2018, 08:45 AM
Evolved Member

I pulled a slow-play prank for Valentine's Day. I have this toad that has lived outside by my deck for a few years. He likes to hang out there because the light attracts bugs for him to eat. Whenever I grill he is usually out there and he does not hop away no matter how many times I walk past him. WAPCE caught me taking pics of him a few months back and said it was weird. I printed out the pictures then cut the toad out. I have strategically placed the toad on every picture of the WAPCE and I in the house. I think there were 8 total. We will see how long this goes before I am found out.

TL;DR - A toad lives outside my house. Took pictures of said toad and taped it to every picture in house of WAPCE and I.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 08:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Yoha!

Standard azn flyby poast.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Attention: Post Whores IX - Whores have nine lives

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.