Notices
The Back Room Off topic discussions for thick skinned, can take a joke members. Evom rules apply.

Attention: Post Whores IX - Whores have nine lives

Old May 21, 2018, 10:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts
Holy crap, there is a 425 hp Atom now. I wonder if they would upgrade my motor, of if it involves more than that.
Old May 21, 2018, 11:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts
I want to drive it.....
Old May 21, 2018, 12:51 PM
El Jefe

Received 59 Likes on 55 Posts
Originally Posted by CaliMR View Post
Holy crap, there is a 425 hp Atom now. I wonder if they would upgrade my motor, of if it involves more than that.
Wheelies are cool.
Old May 21, 2018, 03:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts
Productive long weekend. Got my fiancee's free truck running. Fixed an oil leak on my Miata and put summer wheels on.
Old May 21, 2018, 06:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by DonHugo View Post
This is exactly what Porsche wants. If you don't like their deal, you can leave. They'll delay and use all the dealer tricks, but ultimately, you want the Porsche, not the other way around. Don't expect zee Germans to be polite or considerate, especially when talking about Porsche. You might get that at BMW or Benz, but not Porsche or Audi, or any VAG dealer for that matter.
Normally I would have totally agreed with you but:
A. Itís a cayenne diesel, not a GT2 RS.
B. They just emailed me agreeing to my terms.

Now my inner ******* persona wants to beat them down more for wasting my time. And honestly I kind of want the next year up from this one anyway.
Old May 21, 2018, 07:59 PM
El Jefe

I would just assume that when you show up they will move the goal posts. This seems like classic dealer **** behavior to me. If your terms were even close they would have made it happen while you were there. They'll get you back, find something "wrong" with your car, and it'll be a 2 hour **** show all over.
Old May 22, 2018, 05:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
Yeah, I'm pretty much committed to scorched earth tactics now. I don't need their vehicle, I can stay in my car and be perfectly happy. This is just positioning myself to be able to purchase/tow an airtstream at some point in the next year or two, if that gets pushed back to 3-4 years I'm ok with that too. I've emailed about 5 other dealerships with similar vehicles stating I plan to purchase by the end of this week, that I'm not in the mood to be jerked around. I emailed them all in the same email with links to the respective vehicles and what I'm willing to pay for each of them stating the first one to accept sells a car. Let's see where this goes... they'll probably all ignore me.

Last edited by hotrod2448; May 22, 2018 at 06:40 AM.
Old May 22, 2018, 10:56 AM
Evolved Member

Aww yeah.......burn all bridges and make them bend to your will.
Old May 22, 2018, 02:48 PM
Evolved Member

I'm about 75/25 on whether I'm getting a Husky 701 or KTM 500 with a supermoto kit. 500 is nuttier, but the 701 could replace 3 of my bikes and probably would be just as much fun in reality since I'm too brittle for a lot of the 500 shenanigans. Hopefully my old bikes sell...
Old May 22, 2018, 03:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 43 Likes on 30 Posts
^ First world problems ...
Old May 22, 2018, 03:31 PM
El Jefe

Other than the Don's black cloud, this entire thread is basically first world problems.
Old May 23, 2018, 07:00 AM
Evolved Member

Oh the black cloud struck again. I'm running on about 2 hours sleep today.

Last night, was lil girl's preschool graduation. Just like the boys, we usually let them pick where we go out to eat before graduation and make a whole thing of the night. She picks the Italian restaurant, one we've been to over 100 times. Waitress gets our drinks and then comes back with a basket of bread and a plate with oil and spices. We order our food and start digging into the bread and 3H says, "I don't feel too good". I call the waitress over and asked what was in the bread and dip. She said, why does someone here have food allergies? Yes, 3H has nut allergies, she says the dip has pesto in it. Wapce grabs him and rushes off to the urgent care up the road and leaves me with the 2 younger kids. The restaurant owner apologizes, we feel like idiots for not informing them of a nut allergy. He ended up swelling up slightly, after lots of Benadryl and steroids, he's home. I had to stay up almost all night to keep an eye on him and give him more drugs every couple of hours.

We didn't make it to the graduation, which I was told was very cute, but we did get some pictures from afterwards.

I'm dead to the world today.
Old May 23, 2018, 07:20 AM
Evolved Member

Received 725 Likes on 682 Posts
That sucks don. I'm so glad I don't have food allergies. It sounds like such a pain to deal with.
Old May 23, 2018, 08:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts
As good as 5 Guys is as a hangover cure, I think I would chance it if I had a peanut allergy and was extremely hungover. Speaking of hungover, I will be tomorrow because of the Caps. Win or lose. Hopefully win.
Old May 23, 2018, 08:48 AM
Evolved Member

Speaking of first world problems, I sold one of my bikes last night. Only had it on the internet for a couple hours and at what I consider a fair price. The guy who bought it said he had already looked at every other XR650R on CL with a plate and every single one had fishy paperwork ie bill of sale, no pink. So he jumped on mine even though it was pretty rough. She was a piece of ****, but she never left me stranded. I'll miss her. I do have space on my insurance for another bike now, so the Husky/KTM question is serious now. I still have to sell a bike or two, depending which I buy, but the laziness of not wanting to deal with CL or create a 2nd insurance policy was what was holding me back.

Also, food allergies suck. White rice. It's one of the rarest ones, and it is in ****ing everything. Allegra knocks it on its ***, but I have to remember to take it otherwise my skin turns pink with the texture of a track tire that went through the marbles.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Attention: Post Whores IX - Whores have nine lives

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.