Notices
The Back Room Off topic discussions for thick skinned, can take a joke members. Evom rules apply.

Attention: Post Whores IX - Whores have nine lives

Old Jun 6, 2018, 07:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by WestSideBilly View Post
"If you had agreed to go out back with the parent, I would have gone with... and held you down for him to beat the **** out of you. Don't do that. Ever. Again."
I agree, he was out of line.
Originally Posted by mikesevo8 View Post
Parents today have raised up a generation of pussies ....
I'm trying Ringo, I'm trying real hard not to do that, but they're just so damn spoiled.......
Originally Posted by hotrod2448 View Post
This might prove that it's a good thing I don't have kids but, from that story I don't think the coach really did anything wrong. Obviously age plays a factor, I mean if we are talking 5 year olds that's one thing but, if these kids are 10+ they should be able to deal with that stuff when they are acting like a jerk. That kid was being a temperamental *** and needed to be set straight. If the pitcher didn't catch his throw and got hit in the face would his behavior still be acceptable? Of course I'm also the guy that told a random kid to STFU in Lowes so take that with a grain of salt.

It sounds like the dad was really the one that was out of line IMO.
The kids in question are 9 and 10 yr olds. They were all being temperamental jerks. The kid was over emotional about a play that he made, but had a less than desired outcome. The coach yelling at him as loud as he could from less than 6 feet away was wrong. The dad being pissed off (IMO) was justified, but if he would have beatdown the assistant, he would have been in trouble. Everyone was wrong.

I left work early yesterday after realizing that I was falling asleep at my computer. I think I may have snored so loudly once that it woke me up. A coworker next to me popped up and asked if I was ok, I said yes, and realized what had happened. I was on the way home when the city director of Parks and Recreation called me to get my side of the story. I had to pull off the side of the road to have that conversation and I was there in a church parking lot for about 40 minutes. Basically, the kid's mom went to parks and rec and the city council to talk about what happened and she wasn't going to leave until she spoke with the director. It was all talk about how they need to do a better job finding people to help coach. She brought the emails that were sent by her, the assistant, and myself and they said that they were glad I handled it the way I did. The director said he has been doing this for 35 years and the guy I deal with most of the time has been going for 25 years, so it's not the first, it won't be the last. I told them I am done, I won't coach anymore, I want to finish the season, but we have kids out for different things that it won't be possible. I don't even want to have the free pizza party and trophies for them. We can't even get together for a team picture. I think this will be a situation where the kids go to parks and rec and pick up their own trophies and coupon for 1 pizza buffet at Cici's. I'm sick of this crap, I'll teach my own kid how to play better.

Myself, the other assistant coach, lots of the other parents all said the coach in question was way out of line. So it's not just my opinion, it's a good majority of those involved with the team with the same reaction.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 08:00 AM
El Jefe

Received 59 Likes on 55 Posts
Originally Posted by DonHugo View Post
It was all talk about how they need to do a better job finding people to help coach.
Response: Become coaches yourselves.

Weirdly enough, that usually shuts up parents once they realize they're whinging about an unpaid volunteer who gives up every weekend to coach their little bundle of bull****.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 09:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts
Adults are giants to 9 year olds. Getting up close and yelling down at them must be very traumatic, on another level from his teammates doing it or even an adult who is further away. I was raised where we would get beaten with belts or bread paddles or dried bull penises if we were bad, so a little yelling never bothered me, but that's not how things are done anymore. I mean, it didn't stop us from doing stupid ****, so the old way wasn't working too well anyways.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 09:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
I didn't see that he was only 6' away earlier, that is kind of ****ed up. I assumed he was yelling in part because he was a distance away, which seems reasonable to me.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 09:40 AM
El Jefe

Originally Posted by CaliMR View Post
we would get beaten with ... dried bull penises
Suddenly everything makes sense
Old Jun 6, 2018, 10:53 AM
Evolved Member

Basically this, but ours wasn't fancy with a handle. And yeah, probably.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 11:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by hotrod2448 View Post
I didn't see that he was only 6' away earlier, that is kind of ****ed up. I assumed he was yelling in part because he was a distance away, which seems reasonable to me.
Oh no, what was ****ed up was that I was at the opening of the dugout (3rd base side) when the play happened, he was sitting on the bench. Dude got up, ran past me and got out onto the field on the 3rd base chalk line to yell at the kid. Wrong as wrong can be
Old Jun 6, 2018, 12:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 43 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by WestSideBilly View Post
Suddenly everything makes sense
so much this
Old Jun 6, 2018, 03:47 PM
Evolved Member

Reminds me of the movie with the gangs...not the Warriors, but the one where the one gang are all in hoodies and come out of the mist to attack the football game between the two other gangs. Then one kid's dad, who is all roided out, rips the wooden top off one of the benches and starts laying into people, then hits his kid with it when his kid comes up to him.

I may not be remembering it exactly right.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 09:49 PM
Evolved Member

I just got T-boned by a hit and run with us both going about 35 mph. Big *** white SUV, smashed in the side of my truck pretty good, wheels are all crazy crooked, but the door beam held. It was my passenger side so I'm just sore. Guy's license plate fell off, I gave it to a cop who showed up about 15 minutes later, he ran the plate and it is local reg, then he took off with his siren and light blazing to go get him since it's usually a DUI. Sucks. I like this truck, and the non-crew cabs are hard to find, this one took weeks.

Update: They got him. Dragged him out of his house and putting him in a cell right now. I need to go sign some paperwork in a bit, but I live literally across the street from the station so I can just walk there.

Last edited by CaliMR; Jun 6, 2018 at 10:14 PM.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 06:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 43 Likes on 30 Posts
Well, that sucks
Old Jun 7, 2018, 07:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 218 Likes on 208 Posts
Originally Posted by CaliMR View Post
I just got T-boned by a hit and run with us both going about 35 mph. Big *** white SUV, smashed in the side of my truck pretty good, wheels are all crazy crooked, but the door beam held. It was my passenger side so I'm just sore. Guy's license plate fell off, I gave it to a cop who showed up about 15 minutes later, he ran the plate and it is local reg, then he took off with his siren and light blazing to go get him since it's usually a DUI. Sucks. I like this truck, and the non-crew cabs are hard to find, this one took weeks.

Update: They got him. Dragged him out of his house and putting him in a cell right now. I need to go sign some paperwork in a bit, but I live literally across the street from the station so I can just walk there.
Damn dude that sucks, glad your ok and they caught the dick. Self driving cars can't come soon enough because people are terrible.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 11:00 AM
El Jefe

Yay Friday.

I have a one day weekend. I have to travel to CA on Sunday so I can be somewhere at 7am Monday. At least I get OT for it, I guess.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 02:30 PM
Evolved Member

A girl who is at least 5 steps too far up the hotness scale for me (I give myself a 3, because I can't actually see my own gingerness) messaged me last night in some dating app. I sometimes have girls message me first, but they are always either a 2, an obvious and poorly done catfish, or are actually decently hot (7ish) of Russian descent and it's obvious pretty quickly are hookers. This one so far doesn't seem to be a hooker. So she must be a serial killer, right? It might be worth it still if I can get a piece. She'd be the highest I've reached in a decade at least.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 03:09 PM
El Jefe

Do it for the story.

(in other words, our amusement)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Attention: Post Whores IX - Whores have nine lives

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.