Notices
The Back Room Off topic discussions for thick skinned, can take a joke members. Evom rules apply.

Attention: Post Whores IX - Whores have nine lives

Old Jun 12, 2018, 03:48 PM
El Jefe

Liked 59 Times in 55 Posts
Or 16, even.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 03:50 PM
Evolved Member

Liked 24 Times in 14 Posts
The quotes threw me off. I bought my wut when I got out of school, so I've been here since 2006.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 03:52 PM
El Jefe

Originally Posted by CaliMR View Post
In unrelated news, why is there no dunking anymore in the NBA? I watch about a quarter of two different games in the finals because they were on where I was at, and it was all boring layups, 3 pointers, and foul shots. Rule change? Steroid ban? I want to see dudes jumping and putting their nuts in less talented dudes' faces, damn it!
Most of the offences changed in the last 5 or so years to be space oriented and emphasize 3 point shooting, Old NBA teams took way to many 15-20 feet jumpers (which would get you 2 points, and succeed around 45% of the time) and eventually everyone figured out backing up behind the line meant 3 pts at a 40% success rate (for good shooters) which is 1.2 pts per attempt instead of 0.9 pts per attempt. For a while there was more dunking (since 3 or 4 guys were way out on the perimeter), but eventually all the shorter slower players were eliminated from the league. So now just about anyone can defend just about anyone, and there are no more dominant centers (e.g. Shaq) anymore to sit in the point and do slam dunks 90% of the time they touch the ball.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 04:24 PM

Liked 27 Times in 18 Posts
The quotes threw me off.
I was alluding to the fact that Don never seems to be truly free from his cloud.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 11:41 AM
Evolved Member

Ah, that makes sense NSF.

Sucks about the dunks. Only reason I watched basketball, on the rare occasion I did. It's like if they stopped faking that they got fouled in soccer, I'd never watch again.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 12:47 PM

I just gave what I believe was the best interview of my life. The hiring director had to excuse himself from the room halfway through, because he couldn't stop laughing. I wouldn't even say it was one of my best performances, but sometimes you just get the right audience. For instance, he asked me, "How do you get along with others in the workplace?" Response, "Just awful. I hate people, and they hate me." He chuckled, and then asked, "why would you say that?" Response, "I have always felt that honesty is the best policy." The really funny part is that I wasn't joking AT ALL. I really do hate people. I said that with a dead straight face. I also made a few off-color jokes about construction sites and my previous employer, which were really a gamble. Literally any other interview, and I would have been thrown out. Not this guy. He was loving it. The next stage is with the CEO of the company. I guarantee that I get the call. Come to think of it, I have only ever not been hired once in my entire career after a face-to-face interview. The interviewer, who would have become my boss, was a female who thought she was "one of the guys". She was glamour model cute, too. I promise you that she hired another female, too. She reported to the CEO, who would have lost his **** if she hadn't at least interviewed a couple of guys to round things out. I could tell within the first couple of minutes that that was going off the rails. Shame she was married.

I don't think that I would make it as a stand-up comic. The terrible things I would say would only be really funny to a very small group of people. Selling out shows would a TALL order.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 01:05 PM

Follow up: Yup, there was the call. Right on cue.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 01:48 PM
Evolved Member

I went into an interview for a feminist legal action group for a summer job and they thought I was going to be a girl because of how my name is spelled. The receptionist and the interviewer were both surprised, and interviewer admitted that they would not have interviewed me if they had known I was male. I did get offered the job, but I took another one because it fit my final practice goals better.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 03:34 PM
Evolved Member

I'm glad I bought this repair manual. 14.75 ft lbs for the header nuts. I assumed it would be like 80 the way a wheel nut is. That could have been an expensive oops. Now to find a small torque wrench.

The question now: Is "copper paste" the same thing as copper based anti-seize? Because that's what it says to use.

Last edited by CaliMR; Jun 13, 2018 at 03:39 PM.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 04:36 PM

The question now: Is "copper paste" the same thing as copper based anti-seize?
You already know the answer to that question.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 04:39 PM
Evolved Member

Liked 23 Times in 19 Posts
I'm glad I bought this repair manual. 14.75 ft lbs for the header nuts. I assumed it would be like 80 the way a wheel nut is. That could have been an expensive oops. Now to find a small torque wrench.

The question now: Is "copper paste" the same thing as copper based anti-seize? Because that's what it says to use.
Same stuff
Old Jun 13, 2018, 06:09 PM
El Jefe

I spent most of the day arguing about torque specs with some navy guys. No I don't know why the drawing says 3500 inch lbs, yes that's a lot, no you can't just do 250 lb-ft because that's all your wrench can do, yes I understand that it's going to be a ***** to get off... fuuuuuuuuuu
Old Jun 14, 2018, 09:01 AM
Evolved Member

You know what happens when you assume. The header makes a sharp turn, so there is no way to get a ratchet on it. I'll have to eyeball the torque, which means I'm going to break at least one of the studs. Even with a box wrench I think I'll have to use a clicker type and only get one click at a time. Maybe I should just have my guy do it, but I'll have to retorque the first couple rides so I'll probably jack it up then.

Some girl messaged me in an app, and she doesn't list her height but she looks to be borderline midget based on the proportions of her limbs. I really just need to get this out of my system.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 09:50 AM
Evolved Member

Liked 659 Times in 623 Posts
The torque on a dirt header isn't necessarily to keep the studs from breaking, it's so the flange doesn't bend. Just snug them up and you'll be fine.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 10:02 AM
Evolved Member

I'll still screw it up. But as long as there are even, I'll try to error on too loose since I can always snug it. I'm running without a graphite seal at the can already since I messed that up test fitting the can, which didn't fit with the blinkers anyways.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Attention: Post Whores IX - Whores have nine lives

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.