Notices
View Poll Results: Are you interested in a GTA Tire Deal for the Car club ($800 or cheaper) installed)
100% certain I am going to get these tires (Scared of snow)
14.29%
Good Chance I will buy these
50.00%
No!! I love to live dangerous!!!
35.71%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

~ ToLancer's fight against winter (GTA Club evaluation only)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2008, 11:13 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ejanusie
winter stinks! so does shelling out $800 on tires
think thats bad, lol you should look at the cost for the EVO X tires, outragous. 1450$ dollars
Old Oct 7, 2008, 07:50 AM
Former Sponsor

OCT 7th 2008 Update:

EVO pricing has been difficult to work with, in some ways it comes down to if you can afford the big ticket purchase of a TIRE and Wheel set with the sensors blah blah blah. Comes up to like 1600 and I am not even sure that includes the sensors. When you stand back and look at it. It seems better to just pay 100 or so twice a year to swap the rubber on your stock rims and have the price of mind of having your sensors, better rubber and better looking stock wheels.

Official Pricing is as follows

EVO X 2008 (TIRE RUBBER PRICING ONLY - Your summer tire will be swapped off and put in the back seat of your car while the winters are balanced and installed)

Tire size 18"
235 /40 / 18 (most likely)
245 / 40 / 18

Hankook W300 (ultra performance light snow rated) = $900 installed
Gislaved Nord Frost ( moderate to heavy Snow and Ice Rated )=$1200 installed
Blizzak LM 25 (moderate to heavy snow and ice Rated) =$1125 installed

2008+ Lancer 16" tire ( these include steelies. BUT DO NOT INCLUDE the TIRE PRESSURE SENSOR. logic is, if you get a flat, your screwing up a cheap steal rim, the only bothersome thing is the warning everytime you start your car.)

Tire size 16"
205 / 60 / 16"

Firestone Winterforce (Heavy Snow + Mud rated and reviewed) = $750 installed
Hankook W409 (Moderate Snow and ice rated) = $770 installed
Good year X Ice (Winter Performance Ice and Snow rated) =$875 installed

2006 and younger Generic Lancer family tires size (there are so many variants of the lancer out there that I am trying to pick a middle of the road size that will work for most in the 15" and 14" size range. if your car takes 14" I suggest you go with it. Just insure that the tire sizes are compatible at the time of purchase.) These tires come with the steelies but do not come with any sensors. Pricing includes install.

Tire Size 14"
185/65/14
175/65/14

Firestone Winterforce (Heavy Snow + Mud rated and reviewed the 16" version) = $550 installed
Goodyear Ultra Grip (Ice and Snow rated ) = $625

Tire Size 15"
195 / 60 / 15
185 / 65 / 15

Firestone Winterforce (Heavy Snow + Mud rated and reviewed the 16" version)= $ 650

Special note 1: The progressive factor. to get people moving I have come up with the idea of having the pricing progressively increase as time goes by. This will reflect the real life nature of the winter tire market. It helps people not miss the boat on getting the tires now since they are available. It also gives everyone the chance to get the tires at the base price. Unless you are a insider. What is an insider. someone who has made a big ticket purchased already from me, will be exempted from all or at least some of the markup price. Since our car club is very young these purchases are what fuel further advances and other buys. Insider will be replaced by a formal more transparent membership structure which will give people a membership card that is scannable at the dealership and will allow for you to get your discounts. Also sponsors will also be giving us discounts, talks are underway for even gas discounts how sweet would that be heheh anyways more on that later

Special note2: This is the set price, I dont want to hear any haggling or anyone who thinks they can get this cheaper else where blah blah blah. I have worked to set these prices at a pretty good price at the dealer level which is a olympian task in itself. Funds raised by buying via the car club gets re invested into the car club. I am currently working on sponsoring the Canadian Section and create our own subsection. This takes time money, and communication with evolutionm / internet brands, the owner. There are bigger things going on then you guys know about, too many thing for me to even explain. So rest assured that everything will look really good in the near future but everything takes money. Special thanks for all who helped put this together. Cheers

Special note 3: Some have asked me to get pricing for other tires, I can do this but there will be a flat rate surcharge for tires for other cards that are non mitsubishi / or non lancer cars. But it is possible. PM me if you are interested in other tires

FINAL NOTE: Please add in the 13% tax that goes towards GST PST at the dealership level.

All prices above are subject to change, also tires may not be available since this time a year is when everyone starts buying in bulk so if you want a paticular tire it may not be available as time goes on. Also I put together the price list, if i goofed on the pricing somewhere, let me know.

Last edited by evo_soul; Oct 9, 2008 at 06:45 AM.
Old Oct 12, 2008, 02:51 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by evo_soul
OCT 7th 2008 Update:

EVO pricing has been difficult to work with, in some ways it comes down to if you can afford the big ticket purchase of a TIRE and Wheel set with the sensors blah blah blah. Comes up to like 1600 and I am not even sure that includes the sensors. When you stand back and look at it. It seems better to just pay 100 or so twice a year to swap the rubber on your stock rims and have the price of mind of having your sensors, better rubber and better looking stock wheels.

Official Pricing is as follows

EVO X 2008 (TIRE RUBBER PRICING ONLY - Your summer tire will be swapped off and put in the back seat of your car while the winters are balanced and installed)

Tire size 18"
235 /40 / 18 (most likely)
245 / 40 / 18

Hankook W300 (ultra performance light snow rated) = $900 installed
Gislaved Nord Frost ( moderate to heavy Snow and Ice Rated )=$1200 installed
Blizzak LM 25 (moderate to heavy snow and ice Rated) =$1125 installed

2008+ Lancer 16" tire ( these include steelies. BUT DO NOT INCLUDE the TIRE PRESSURE SENSOR. logic is, if you get a flat, your screwing up a cheap steal rim, the only bothersome thing is the warning everytime you start your car.)

Tire size 16"
205 / 60 / 16"

Firestone Winterforce (Heavy Snow + Mud rated and reviewed) = $750 installed
Hankook W409 (Moderate Snow and ice rated) = $770 installed
Good year X Ice (Winter Performance Ice and Snow rated) =$875 installed

2006 and younger Generic Lancer family tires size (there are so many variants of the lancer out there that I am trying to pick a middle of the road size that will work for most in the 15" and 14" size range. if your car takes 14" I suggest you go with it. Just insure that the tire sizes are compatible at the time of purchase.) These tires come with the steelies but do not come with any sensors. Pricing includes install.

Tire Size 14"
185/65/14
175/65/14

Firestone Winterforce (Heavy Snow + Mud rated and reviewed the 16" version) = $550 installed
Goodyear Ultra Grip (Ice and Snow rated ) = $625

Tire Size 15"
195 / 60 / 15
185 / 65 / 15

Firestone Winterforce (Heavy Snow + Mud rated and reviewed the 16" version)= $ 650

Special note 1: The progressive factor. to get people moving I have come up with the idea of having the pricing progressively increase as time goes by. This will reflect the real life nature of the winter tire market. It helps people not miss the boat on getting the tires now since they are available. It also gives everyone the chance to get the tires at the base price. Unless you are a insider. What is an insider. someone who has made a big ticket purchased already from me, will be exempted from all or at least some of the markup price. Since our car club is very young these purchases are what fuel further advances and other buys. Insider will be replaced by a formal more transparent membership structure which will give people a membership card that is scannable at the dealership and will allow for you to get your discounts. Also sponsors will also be giving us discounts, talks are underway for even gas discounts how sweet would that be heheh anyways more on that later

Special note2: This is the set price, I dont want to hear any haggling or anyone who thinks they can get this cheaper else where blah blah blah. I have worked to set these prices at a pretty good price at the dealer level which is a olympian task in itself. Funds raised by buying via the car club gets re invested into the car club. I am currently working on sponsoring the Canadian Section and create our own subsection. This takes time money, and communication with evolutionm / internet brands, the owner. There are bigger things going on then you guys know about, too many thing for me to even explain. So rest assured that everything will look really good in the near future but everything takes money. Special thanks for all who helped put this together. Cheers

Special note 3: Some have asked me to get pricing for other tires, I can do this but there will be a flat rate surcharge for tires for other cards that are non mitsubishi / or non lancer cars. But it is possible. PM me if you are interested in other tires

FINAL NOTE: Please add in the 13% tax that goes towards GST PST at the dealership level.

All prices above are subject to change, also tires may not be available since this time a year is when everyone starts buying in bulk so if you want a paticular tire it may not be available as time goes on. Also I put together the price list, if i goofed on the pricing somewhere, let me know.

In reference to the items stated above,
2008+ lancer update
There are now 8 sets of Winterforce tires left and 3 sets of the W409 tire sets left.

EVO X update

There are now 3 sets of Blizzak tires left and 5 sets of the W300 hankook tires

Cheers and thanks to those who have purchased tires, thanks for supporting the club
Old Oct 23, 2008, 08:43 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
+ 1 for _soul, i just called your hookup for the W300 it should come in tomorrow and then ill make an appointment with him to get them installed, thanks again for your help
Old Oct 27, 2008, 04:12 PM
Former Sponsor

come november 1st, the prices on all tires will increase by 20 dollars and will increase progressively every other week.

the purpose is two fold, 1) to encourage you guys to buy now vs. later since the supply the tires is now getting super rare, at least for the cheaper tires vs. expensive brands. you know how supply and demand goes.

2) once the prices go back up to regular price, thats it!

If you want to make arrangements or inquire, or just need rubber and not the steal rim then speak up now or forever hold your peace lol.
Old Oct 27, 2008, 09:08 PM

Some places I've checked out are recommending for the 08+ Lancers 215/65/16". Would that still be aight?
Old Oct 27, 2008, 09:16 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by spydahman
Some places I've checked out are recommending for the 08+ Lancers 215/65/16". Would that still be aight?
idealy you want a smaller foot print, smaller (narrow) cuts snow better. second sizes will never be a perfect ratio a little smaller, a little bigger, I dont think will hurt too much, but your handling may suffer.
Old Oct 28, 2008, 12:19 PM

We should all get diffrent sizes and diffrent type to see which one are better . Next year for me be brand new treads .
Old Oct 28, 2008, 12:42 PM
Former Sponsor

lol ya right, so some guys can crash and burn and others survive lol great scientifc method there lol :P
Old Oct 28, 2008, 01:17 PM

lol ya right, so some guys can crash and burn and others survive lol great scientifc method there lol :P
Melting snow will put it out
Old Oct 28, 2008, 01:37 PM

talk to fai at maxiumwheels. he is a vendor on the mccc site and tell him that you are from mccc and you will get rims and tires for 640 installed and balanced.

not trying to hi-jack your thread but i think thats a good deal for rims and tires. and i know how people love to save some money. if this is wrong to do, then mods delete this.

here is the link
http://www.mitsubishicarclubcanada.c...read.php?t=327
Old Oct 28, 2008, 01:45 PM

So my plan was to just put 16s on the front but the guys at my dealership think that it would f&#* up my car lol sooo.... I dunno what to do now... I can't afford 4 for sure... but aren't 18s still gonna be low pro and still be crappy in the snow...??
Old Oct 28, 2008, 02:01 PM

ya go with a smaller rim with bigger tires
Old Oct 28, 2008, 02:07 PM

I think you goofed on all the prices cuz they are WAY TOO HIGH to be called "getting a deal"
Old Oct 28, 2008, 04:59 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by lancerCANADA
talk to fai at maxiumwheels. he is a vendor on the mccc site and tell him that you are from mccc and you will get rims and tires for 640 installed and balanced.

not trying to hi-jack your thread but i think thats a good deal for rims and tires. and i know how people love to save some money. if this is wrong to do, then mods delete this.

here is the link
http://www.mitsubishicarclubcanada.c...read.php?t=327
Suggestions are fine, but I can not speak for MCCC nore to the vendor you mentioned. I put together this thread to connect TLC members with people, companies and other factions that I can testify to. That said, I know that should there be anything wrong, the people I have come to depend on for support or knowledge are ones that I would trust with my car and my business without question. Finally I wouldnt recommend products like the ones mentioned above if I didnt use them myself or have them demonstrated to me that they are the best money can buy.

The price may not be the best but that is the case anywhere you go for any product. The other element is service and support when things dont go so well. This is not to diminish maxiumwheels in anyway what so ever, I am sure they run a fine business. But the relationships I have establish should work to pay off with bigger benefits later on. TLC funds and credits raised now will go down the road to spark new deals new discounts. Such as a replacement OEM spec All season and summer tire in the spring. Rim and tire combos, bringing online suspension packages. And best of all, beta testing prototypes exclusive to the club. Such as project Javlin for a new type of HID. A co developed Dual and Single Exhaust system. Bodykit lips. you get the point

Actually, I wouldnt mind sitting down with Maxiumwheels maybe they have resources that would be mutually beneficial. If you have any other alterative suggestions for products no currently under consideration I am all ears and this goes out to anyone else.

Cheers

Quick Reply: ~ ToLancer's fight against winter (GTA Club evaluation only)