Notices
View Poll Results: Are you interested in a GTA Tire Deal for the Car club ($800 or cheaper) installed)
100% certain I am going to get these tires (Scared of snow)
14.29%
Good Chance I will buy these
50.00%
No!! I love to live dangerous!!!
35.71%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

~ ToLancer's fight against winter (GTA Club evaluation only)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2008, 02:30 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
~ ToLancer's fight against winter (GTA Club evaluation only)

I have been doing the leg work, making calls, putting extra km on the Lancer and finally have come across a package deal that works out for everyone. Most importantly you. But before I pull the trigger on the deal I want to get feedback.
My personal experience with the Winterforce tire was absolutely stunning. performed well for the 2007 - 2008 winter season, and still looks like the day I bought it stacked up in my basement. Its the tire I recommend, its the perfect balance for the money and I think it out performs tires almost double its price. That said, Alternative tire considerations are the Hankook W409 Winter i*Pike Tires. they may come in at a slightly higher cost. if the cost diff is negligable then we may make the switch... keep you posted on that..

Tires will be sourced at a low cost price with very little markup between YOU and the Supplier. I am going around and giving a fair chance to all the Mitsu Dealerships to sign on, this will help people get their tires installed at mitsu closer to them.
By Monday the prices will be posted via our website and Facebook Group.

The packages will look pretty much like this

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2008 Lancer
205/60/16 Rubber
16" Steelies
Balanced and Installed at Mitsubishi.
NO TIRE PRESSURE SENSOR (live with it!!!!!)
Cost: TBA very very shortly

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
EVO X
TBA
Cost will come in cheaper than what the dealer but since 18" is a pricey rubber and rim size, the cost difference will not be as substantial as the regular lancer deals.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2006 and earlier Regular Lancer Family Cars
14" and 15" TBA shortly
I maybe limited in terms of getting tire sizes that differ from the regular sedan.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
VOTING
This part is important, if you really think your interested in voting then express it, but be responsible, prices will be driven down further with the logistical costs, so quantity can have an impact at driving the cost further into the ground
VOTING IS BASED ON THE 2008 Lancer only.
DONT VOTE unless you know up or down if you are going to buy or not. If know now, then dont vote. The target for the group buy will most likely be executed late Oct to Early Nov.
The price in the vote isnt the final price its more of a threshold limit. The price in the vote doesnt include tax so please take that into consideration.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NO SHIPPING,
This is a GTA Toronto Lancer Club exclusive, we are not attempting to be a vendor in the traditional sense, think of this as more of a union effort. So no effort will be made to ship goods to anyone anywhere even in side the city. You want the tires, you gotta drive your @ss to the participating GTA dealer locations. Period!!!!!!!!

Sept 30th Update
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The prices are almost finalized for the Lancer.

If you are a club insider (paid member) your price will be $700 installed before any tax installed

If you are not a paid member your pricing will be $750 and will progressively become more expensive as the weeks go by up to the max price of $899. Now the pricing might flux around just by 10 or 20 dollars, but more or less this is what is going to be the deal.
NOTE: all PRICING mentioned above is before tax and based on the winterforce tire.

If you stand back and look at it is a pretty damn good deal and it will be installed at the dealer level. I have driven with these winterforce tires so I can personally certify the level of quality and performance that these tires have for winter conditions. I will be bringing a tire to the next meet.

The group buy will begin next week Wednesday and the price will increase progressively by about 20 dollars give or take every week until the max price. Insiders dont have to worry about the progressively increasing price.

Installation will be done at only selected dealerships, worse case you can take your tires to a dealer to get it installed lol or we can install it at a meet ourselves hahha

OCT 7th 2008 Update:

EVO pricing has been difficult to work with, in some ways it comes down to if you can afford the big ticket purchase of a TIRE and Wheel set with the sensors blah blah blah. Comes up to like 1600 and I am not even sure that includes the sensors. When you stand back and look at it. It seems better to just pay 100 or so twice a year to swap the rubber on your stock rims and have the price of mind of having your sensors, better rubber and better looking stock wheels.

Official Pricing is as follows

EVO X 2008 (TIRE RUBBER PRICING ONLY - Your summer tire will be swapped off and put in the back seat of your car while the winters are balanced and installed)

Tire size 18"
235 /40 / 18 (most likely)
245 / 40 / 18

Hankook W300 (ultra performance light snow rated) = $900 installed
Gislaved Nord Frost ( moderate to heavy Snow and Ice Rated )=$1200 installed
Blizzak LM 25 (moderate to heavy snow and ice Rated) =$1125 installed

2008+ Lancer 16" tire ( these include steelies. BUT DO NOT INCLUDE the TIRE PRESSURE SENSOR. logic is, if you get a flat, your screwing up a cheap steal rim, the only bothersome thing is the warning everytime you start your car.)

Tire size 16"
205 / 60 / 16"

Firestone Winterforce (Heavy Snow + Mud rated and reviewed) = $750 installed
Hankook W409 (Moderate Snow and ice rated) = $770 installed
Good year X Ice (Winter Performance Ice and Snow rated) =$875 installed

2006 and younger Generic Lancer family tires size (there are so many variants of the lancer out there that I am trying to pick a middle of the road size that will work for most in the 15" and 14" size range. if your car takes 14" I suggest you go with it. Just insure that the tire sizes are compatible at the time of purchase.) These tires come with the steelies but do not come with any sensors. Pricing includes install.

Tire Size 14"
185/65/14
175/65/14

Firestone Winterforce (Heavy Snow + Mud rated and reviewed the 16" version) = $550 installed
Goodyear Ultra Grip (Ice and Snow rated ) = $625

Tire Size 15"
195 / 60 / 15
185 / 65 / 15

Firestone Winterforce (Heavy Snow + Mud rated and reviewed the 16" version)= $ 650

Special note 1: The progressive factor. to get people moving I have come up with the idea of having the pricing progressively increase as time goes by. This will reflect the real life nature of the winter tire market. It helps people not miss the boat on getting the tires now since they are available. It also gives everyone the chance to get the tires at the base price. Unless you are a insider. What is an insider. someone who has made a big ticket purchased already from me, will be exempted from all or at least some of the markup price. Since our car club is very young these purchases are what fuel further advances and other buys. Insider will be replaced by a formal more transparent membership structure which will give people a membership card that is scannable at the dealership and will allow for you to get your discounts. Also sponsors will also be giving us discounts, talks are underway for even gas discounts how sweet would that be heheh anyways more on that later

Special note2: This is the set price, I dont want to hear any haggling or anyone who thinks they can get this cheaper else where blah blah blah. I have worked to set these prices at a pretty good price at the dealer level which is a olympian task in itself. Funds raised by buying via the car club gets re invested into the car club. I am currently working on sponsoring the Canadian Section and create our own subsection. This takes time money, and communication with evolutionm / internet brands, the owner. There are bigger things going on then you guys know about, too many thing for me to even explain. So rest assured that everything will look really good in the near future but everything takes money. Special thanks for all who helped put this together. Cheers

Special note 3: Some have asked me to get pricing for other tires, I can do this but there will be a flat rate surcharge for tires for other cards that are non mitsubishi / or non lancer cars. But it is possible. PM me if you are interested in other tires

FINAL NOTE: Please add in the 13% tax that goes towards GST PST at the dealership level.

All prices above are subject to change, also tires may not be available since this time a year is when everyone starts buying in bulk so if you want a paticular tire it may not be available as time goes on. Also I put together the price list, if i goofed on the pricing somewhere, let me know.

Last edited by evo_soul; Oct 9, 2008 at 06:10 AM.
Old Sep 18, 2008, 03:24 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i am currently in the market for 205/60/16 Winter RUBBER ONLY
…so i am defiantly interested
Old Sep 18, 2008, 03:35 PM
Evolving Member

i'm gd with my 16" protege rims
Old Sep 18, 2008, 04:18 PM

im pretty sure ill get a set for winter.
hope the price for evo x will be cheap.
Old Sep 18, 2008, 05:58 PM

I'm downgradin' to 16s for the winter, its only costin' me $180 for all 4 tires sooo can't really pass that up.
Old Sep 18, 2008, 06:53 PM
Former Sponsor

at the next meet, I am going to bring along my winter force tire so you can see how the tread held up thru last winter looks really good

For you EVO guys I am making the calls hopefully we can finda break thru
Old Sep 18, 2008, 08:34 PM
Evolving Member

Sorry Dude already got my winters last year, no problems with em as of yet.
Old Sep 18, 2008, 09:02 PM

Smile

Originally Posted by evo_soul
at the next meet, I am going to bring along my winter force tire so you can see how the tread held up thru last winter looks really good

For you EVO guys I am making the calls hopefully we can finda break thru

i already call some store around the gta. the best price i get for the is $780.00 plus taxes for a hankook w300 and already installed.
the store is simplytire and contact person is allen phone # is 416-916-9233.
just add to your list to call for the tires.
thanks for the groupbuy.
Old Sep 19, 2008, 05:06 AM
Evolving Member

need the cost of these. need some for my mazdaspeed6. its the same bolt pattern. if its right, im ready to pick these up right away.
Old Sep 19, 2008, 07:23 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by plip630
i already call some store around the gta. the best price i get for the is $780.00 plus taxes for a hankook w300 and already installed.
the store is simplytire and contact person is allen phone # is 416-916-9233.
just add to your list to call for the tires.
thanks for the groupbuy.
We started out with a long list of tires, we started stripping away tires from the list.

W300

I already looked at the w300 series tires, they are somewhat an inferior tire, and was done away with early on. The most expert guy I talked to said the w300 is really for light snow conditions because it attempts to be a Winterized All Season Tire for places that have low temps and light to moderate snow all the time. In Canada winters you need serious tread. I would recommend not buying for the w300, the performance is good for light snow but it will cause problems in heavy conditions.

After consoluting with a few tire guys and a large depot whole saler about the ins and outs of the winter tire game. for the money Winterforce, for quality the higher end w409 hankook tire is the best.
THe pricing for our tires, will be lower then 780 for sure, and thats for one of the two better quality tires. I am pretty sure no store will match this price because they just will not profit from selling and installing them.

W409

Last edited by evo_soul; Sep 19, 2008 at 07:45 AM.
Old Sep 19, 2008, 07:25 AM

i remember i bought a set of michelin X-ice for the lancer, cost me an arm and leg.

i remember it came down to nearly 1200 for tires+steelies
Old Sep 19, 2008, 07:39 AM
Evolved Member

^F that! You should've looked around a little harder.
Old Sep 19, 2008, 07:48 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Hydrolikz
^F that! You should've looked around a little harder.
when snow is falling, thats when people and I mean everyone is desperate. way back then my dealer was telling me 1200 tax and all. lol I said no only because I knew a buddy of mine that would get them at cost, basically half that.

I walked in to a mitsu dealer the other day and looked at their winter special, and you see prices like 1200 to 1000. depending on what kinda rim/steelie if its got the sensors. its scary, but at the same time. good winters is a good insurance policy in it self.

Originally Posted by homieG
need the cost of these. need some for my mazdaspeed6. its the same bolt pattern. if its right, im ready to pick these up right away.
I can look into it, but there will be an additional small charge for other sized tires. supplier isnt making money of the lancer tires for the selected sizes, other tires will have a markup on it. that was the deal. either way it should be cheaper then what your dealer says.

Last edited by evo_soul; Sep 19, 2008 at 07:51 AM.
Old Sep 19, 2008, 07:50 AM
Evolving Member

rontam is just plain ballin! hahaha
Old Sep 19, 2008, 10:48 AM
Evolving Member

yea i baught my 16' w411 kingstars
+ oem 16" mazda rims for 920 + installation.
...not the smartest idea.

Quick Reply: ~ ToLancer's fight against winter (GTA Club evaluation only)