Notices

Mid-Toronto Mitsubishi

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2010, 06:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mid-Toronto Mitsubishi

Hey guys.

Here's my 2 cents:

I bought 2 Lancers SE'09 there. One,grey, purchased in May 08 is perfectly fine, has 70K already and doesn't have any issues so far...But the second one,black, purchased in Sept'09 has a bundle of mechanical problems, which I already listed here and not going to do it again.
About 2 weeks ago on I brought black one to check one of the issues and when the mechanic was parking my car he scratched the bottom of my front bumper...It was Saturday and manager had a day off there, the guy in the service dept promised me that the manager will contact me to resolve it... Never did.
Ok.. Last Saturday they were replacing front brake rotors and rubber weather strip on driver's door and after they passed me my keys back I found that my vent mount cell holder was broken(it was basically lying under the gas pedal), some pieces of the holder went direct inside the went... Door,rotors, phone holder,huh? Where is the connection? The same guy told me that I can buy a new one and bring a receipt to him after... Does he really think that I care about $1 holder?
You think this is end of the story? No way, today sweeping the dust I found a 6" scratch on my dashboard right below the vent where my holder was attached to...Seriously wtf?

FYI I was spending 3-4hrs in that dealership every saturday starting from January. So far none of my complains were resolved. For instance, that leather strip on driver's door still has the same gap and changing front rotors didn't help to get rid off from vibration....

I left a note with complains in Mitsu notebook @ TIA'10...No one call yet

Currently looking for another dealership to service my car
Old Feb 25, 2010, 07:53 AM

try Maple Mitsu
Old Feb 25, 2010, 08:33 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I highly recommend dealing with our gold alliance dealerships. Maple, Dixie, and Scarborough. At least we have some direct pull when it comes to matters of unsatisfactory service. That said.

I would go straight to the General Manager if you feel things are getting out of hand if they are not helpful at the top then I suggest you make your experience heard by Mitsubishi Canada Head office. The fact that you own multple cars should mean something to both the dealership and the manufacturer.

If you have no luck, let me know and I will try my best to help.

Cheers
Old Jul 17, 2010, 05:13 AM

Small update, I switched to Scarborough Mitsubishi after and did 2 scheduled services there...Did tire swap there. Alignment was done in MidToronto back in December last time.
Now I have 2 front tires completely worn out(no tread at all) just in 3 weeks, been in Scarborough twice asking to fix this: first time they didn't have a mechanic, second time they send a request to head office to investigate this without even looking at the wheel alignment and promised to call...Anyway it was more than a week, I still waiting for their call...However I also went to MidToronto and he had looked at the car, but did called me yesterday offering switch my tires to another ones similar condition to my rear. Mitsubishi Canada is still investigating this, even though I finally reach them after calling and emailing, but they just told me to deal with my dealership....Okay....

I mean for 3 weeks already I'm driving potentially dangerous to me and others vehicle. I already lost control/traction twice on the wet road, but seems to me no one really gives a damn.
I really tired of those dealerships, going back and forth , so i think I will do a trade in eventhough I will loose around 10K on this.....
Sorry had enough and now know for sure that there is no such thing as Mitsubishi Canada, bunch of clowns instead. Don't think Mitsu will ever compete with Honda or Toyota with such awful customer service....
Old Jul 17, 2010, 12:51 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by AK-47
Small update, I switched to Scarborough Mitsubishi after and did 2 scheduled services there...Did tire swap there. Alignment was done in MidToronto back in December last time.
Now I have 2 front tires completely worn out(no tread at all) just in 3 weeks, been in Scarborough twice asking to fix this: first time they didn't have a mechanic, second time they send a request to head office to investigate this without even looking at the wheel alignment and promised to call...Anyway it was more than a week, I still waiting for their call...However I also went to MidToronto and he had looked at the car, but did called me yesterday offering switch my tires to another ones similar condition to my rear. Mitsubishi Canada is still investigating this, even though I finally reach them after calling and emailing, but they just told me to deal with my dealership....Okay....

I mean for 3 weeks already I'm driving potentially dangerous to me and others vehicle. I already lost control/traction twice on the wet road, but seems to me no one really gives a damn.
I really tired of those dealerships, going back and forth , so i think I will do a trade in eventhough I will loose around 10K on this.....
Sorry had enough and now know for sure that there is no such thing as Mitsubishi Canada, bunch of clowns instead. Don't think Mitsu will ever compete with Honda or Toyota with such awful customer service....

I am sorry to hear about your experience with Head office. The problem with Mitsubishi is because Canada is not on the same level as they are in the States. Remember some years ago Mitsubishi was here, then they left, then they came back. When they did that It was dealerships that were basically on their own and they survived. Then Corporate came back, but they were not as strong as they once were in the sense of top down control. The dealership / head office structure is a little strange. Warranty is still controlled by Head office but execution of warranty decisions is still something left to the Dealerships.

Its a little frustrating, but Mitsubishi has plans in motion to help with supply of parts and think certain policies. Time will tell of course I look at Mitsubishi as a great company, lots of helpful people, its just the situations and polices get in the way.
Old Jul 26, 2010, 09:22 PM

I actually gave Mitsu a second chance by trading in my SE to Sportback GTS in other dealership with minor you can say damage to my wallet....Weird, i know, but other vendors were ready to give for my 10month old se between 8K to 10K. Now looking to find the best "home" for servicing my new car. Do you think Maple is the place to go?it

Little offtop: I have brand new winter tires 15" left from my SE, do you think they will fit gts?