Notices

~~Mitsubishi wants to know... What is your beef?

Old Feb 28, 2009, 07:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well it's too late for me. Even if they'll fix my paint they're not gonna pay to have my graphics re-done so my car's just gonna have to keep rusting away.

Quite honestly I can't picture myself ever buying another Mitsubishi again.
Old Feb 28, 2009, 09:14 AM
Evolving Member

My current list:

- Lockable trunk - the inside release levers have no locking mechanism

- Auto-door locks either above a specific speed, say 5MPH, or when selecting a forward gear.

- the shiny plastic lens cover over the tach/speedo/gauge set is too reflective. Needs to be a non-reflective, clear cover

- the orange electronic display thingie between the tach and speedo is almost impossible to read in sunlight {such as the sunlight in Arizona]

- the silver-colored rings around the tach and speedo reflect off the shiny dash gauge cover (see item above)

- needs better sun visors. Too short. A dual visor would be nice.

- Some form of a shade for the MMCS/NAV display in the center of the dash. Impossible to read in real sunlight.
Old Feb 28, 2009, 12:17 PM
Evolving Member

iv had my car for about a yr and a half and all i have to say is mitsu has horrable service and parts doesnt get any better, but i guess that can b said about every dealership, cause it all depends on the person working there at the time

but i guess that can b said for alot of dealerships and it all depends on who u get. cause everytime i go they always try and void my warrenty by saying that i race, just because i have a bride seat and takata harness. and then i asked them about the guy who platnum mitsu sponsors to race for them and then told me that they voided his warrenty last week and had sent him a letter saying so. it was kinda funny if u ask me. it seems like they r really cracking down on racing

i remember when i first got the car, my transmission was very notchy going from first to second, the service manager even took my car for a test drive and even said, it is more notchier

then they blamed it on my aftermarket shift knob, and said that was causing the problem.... at 1st i was like WTF is that even possible? then i decided to change the shift knob back to stock and it was even more notchier then before

and now after iv installed a short shifter, sometimes with the clutch all the way in it still manages to grind from 1st to 2nd gear

also for paint issues, my front bumper rite now looks like ****, the rock chips r chipping away at the clear coat

as for parts department, when i go and ask them stuff, sometimes i get a informative response, and other times iv gotten " look i dont have time to sit down with you and go through all your questions" then goes bak on the computer. iv also gotten " i dont know, ask on the forums", but other times they r really really helpful, depends on who it is

i mean it all depends on who i get cause some of the service people r really really nice and help alot, and others r just PMSing and same as parts, it all depends on who i get that day and such

Last edited by azn_ghetto; Feb 28, 2009 at 12:21 PM.
Old Mar 2, 2009, 04:27 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
if you have paint issues and can spare the time to post pics that would be great in the following thread.
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/la...ping-pics.html

Cheers, and continue to share your stories
Old Mar 2, 2009, 12:03 PM

My rust is hidden under graphics though... I can take a pic of all the scratches and rock chips though ?
Old Mar 6, 2009, 07:45 PM

this would be unreal

RECALL - new paint jobs hahaha..never happen

I just washed and waxed my car yesterday with 10 000 km and I couldn't believe I had paint chips already.
Old Mar 14, 2009, 08:14 AM

My car wouldn't start the first time this morning... it's 0 so its not THAT cold... it rolled over then died... started up the 2nd attempt though...

I hate my car sometimes... lol
Old Mar 14, 2009, 08:35 AM

It is s***y when you spend between 30 and 60g (because the evo's aren't any better then the lancers for paint) and in 10k or less kilometers it looks like you drove behind a salt truck. If mitsu wanted to be cheap on the paint, they should of 3m clear taped the whole car . I guess you chock this up as 1 of the 2 things most people seem to need really early on, atleast with the evo's (new paint and new clutch).
Old Mar 14, 2009, 10:04 AM

Yeah I'm kinda angry that I spent so much on a car and it looks like crap.

I just washed it really good and holy crap... there's scratches EVERYWHERE...

I think everytime I cleaned the snow off my car or brushed by it it got a new scratch...
Old Mar 14, 2009, 10:09 AM

hmm you have an idea there, 1mm 3M all around. hell I would have it installed tomorrow
Old Mar 14, 2009, 10:09 AM
Evolving Member

Washed my car today for the first time this year and holy f#ck is it pretty bad. My front bumper and mirrors no longer have shine to them. The clear coat came off completely and the bumper kinda has a white flakey look to it.

Im going to wait one more year and then have the car completely repainted.
Old Mar 18, 2009, 02:18 PM

So i'm from BC but since Evo_Soul is submitting this to Mistu Canada...i'm on the bandwagon

Black ES purchased from Vancouver Mistubishi May 07
CVT with 35000 KM
Serviced at dealership every time (Just did a type D and of course got ripped off)

Problems so far:

-Paint job really...really...really...is cheap, but of course i'm just stating the obvious
-Car startup problems as noted by all on the thread
-When pedalling it at 0 at zero, car sometimes leans left
-Suspension squeaks over speed bumps
-Creaking and rattling inside when speakers volume up at 28 with Bass at +2. Probably has to do with the poor material on the dash..sigh
-This is a good laugh...the foam in the trunk (near the top)...i believe its for sound proofing? Well i don't think it got stuck on or placed very well when they manufactured the car...a big chunk just fell off and i had to squeeze it back in.
-Range on keyfob for alarm seems to be incredibly short...sometimes i have to be about within 10 feet
- First gear is messed up...when I leave the car in D and give it no gas...it rolls forward..revs up...jolts and revs down again...My friend with an A3 had the same problem, had to do with his faulty first gear...but not sure how this applies with my CVT

Oh and did i mention...Paint?
Old Mar 18, 2009, 02:37 PM
Evolving Member

my recent problems

obviously paint issues
rattling inside cabin when i turn my music to 25 bass 3 punch 3
cruise control doesnt work
no start
Old Mar 19, 2009, 05:34 AM

Paint. I hope Mitsu gets the point. Not sure if class actions have been attempted before on the paint but i've got 2500k on my car and three chips down to metal. Wish I had Chrysler do the paint on my EVO...

Love my car otherwise. Jerky transmissions I can tolerate. Rattling in cabin is part of the deal in my opinion (at least i'm not putting foam or rubber in trim like my subie friends). Had to take car to dealer to get stock oil filter off.
Old Mar 19, 2009, 03:15 PM

This may help for new buyers.

Once picking up the car from the dealership, take it to a detailing shop or DIY. get rid of the wax they throw on it using hot water and mild dish washer detergent, give the car a wash, clay to get rid of any rail dust, and re-wax. I'm sure the paint is as flaky like all cars out there (excluding ferrari lol) but after proper paint maintenance it should help

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ~~Mitsubishi wants to know... What is your beef?