Notices

~~~ Warranty Preserved EVO X tuning (Ontario Only, so far)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2009, 11:21 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
~~~ Warranty Preserved EVO X tuning (Ontario Only, so far)

I can't go into a lot of detail since everything is still very sensitive with no hard commitments by all the parties involved. But I have gotten this off the drawing board stage and getting closer to trials. I have talked to an Alliance of Dealer that are friendly to the TLC club and the idea of having the car pre and post purchase tuned are ok. The sticking points are

1. How aggressive the tune?
2. And how much of your warranty are you going to give up? A lot, A little, or not at all?

There are alot of things I would like to say right now, but forgive me for being so quiet. But I would like to get feedback, good or bad. And post the question, to you EVO X guys out there. would you be interested in the option? if it meant you couldnt tune elsewhere?
Old Feb 24, 2009, 12:11 PM
n4s

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If I understand correctly, the proposal is that mitsu may agree to allow some aftermarket mods while retaining the warranty as long as we get the mods/tune done at a dealer? I think that's a great idea. Obviously the dealers will likely charge more, but the "premium" may be worth it for the peace of mind re warranty. I'd be in on some of that!
Old Feb 24, 2009, 01:27 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by n4s
If I understand correctly, the proposal is that mitsu may agree to allow some aftermarket mods while retaining the warranty as long as we get the mods/tune done at a dealer? I think that's a great idea. Obviously the dealers will likely charge more, but the "premium" may be worth it for the peace of mind re warranty. I'd be in on some of that!
Ya thats the basic idea, It will be Tuning thru the dealer not exactly at the dealer. lol I dont think many EVO guys would want the dealer touching their car more then they need to hehe
Old Feb 24, 2009, 03:22 PM
n4s

Originally Posted by evo_soul
Ya thats the basic idea, It will be Tuning thru the dealer not exactly at the dealer. lol I dont think many EVO guys would want the dealer touching their car more then they need to hehe
nice. i'd be very interested!!!
Old Feb 24, 2009, 08:42 PM
raz
Evolving Member

i would be interested as well
Old Feb 24, 2009, 09:15 PM

if its not on the dealer so where we gonna get the warranty if something happen?
ill bet the dealer would say you bring to the shop where it get tuned. same think happened to my brother he got his car leather and hid installed when bought his car. but when he had a problem with heated seats and the hid the dealer is not giving him warranty instead they send him to shop where the leather and hid get installed.
now he got a problem with the driver side control panel for window and power locks. for the window its not going down and the power locks is not working. the dealership is blaming the hid now because of electrical problems.
the question is now is how really good they will respond on the problem on warranty if the problem comes from tuning?
Old Feb 25, 2009, 08:44 AM
raz
Evolving Member

well the way i see it mitsu, is still going to blame everything on the owners or mods they have done, so regardless it would still be on the dealership wether they want to honour the warranty, any mod technically does void your warranty, lowering your car,etc, so like i said all depends on the dealship, but this way atleast you stand a chance to have a case against the work done wether it is at the dealer or they send it out for you, just get it in writing who will be taking care if there are any issues
Old Feb 25, 2009, 10:24 AM

I hate to be the pessimist here but - this sounds like another dealer marketing trick to get buyers. Dealers are independent business and warranty claims has to be approved by Mitsu HQ, so unless HQ agrees to this, what's the point? What happens when the dealer, a) go out of business, b) changes owners, c) change management? Even if you had something in writing, warranty is only honored by Mitsu HQ, so anything in writing will only be btw dealer and customer. Guys, anyone with Evos, if you gonna get a tune, go to a reputable local shop who can support and warranty their work. A proper tune will not result in failed parts. Poor maintenance, workmanship, parts/supplies and exceeding your car limits is what causes parts to break. The Evo is a very high maintenance car - period.
Old Mar 2, 2009, 05:42 PM
Former Sponsor

if all goes successful, Mitsu Corp will be in on this hense the modification of the warranty. THe sad part is I am going thru USA back channel to get this ball rolling. To answer your question / statement about maintenance, that will be part of the catch there will be conditions and a schedule of maintenance that the buyer must follow. If that sounds like like way too much ball and chain, then you might want to consider one of the final things on the go and that is the possibility of Life Time tuning options, lol it might not exactly be life time, lol but this provision will allow the user to perform retuning x times a year for mod upgrades and such. * mods approved for the program. what that means lol we will have to see.

There are alot of other people behind the scenes answer those very same questions you have raised about who warranties what. the main question is, will everything be insured and the answer ultimately *if approved, YES!
Old Nov 8, 2009, 07:03 PM

Evo_soul - did you ever have any luck moving this forward?
Old Nov 9, 2009, 05:24 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by IceFishingLad
Evo_soul - did you ever have any luck moving this forward?
yes there has been great progress with mitsu usa, the trouble has been translating over to mitsu canada. it has been a bit frustrating but now we are getting somewhere
Old Nov 17, 2009, 04:12 PM

any updates?
Old Nov 21, 2009, 02:17 PM
n4s

+1

been a bit bored lately.....
Old Nov 22, 2009, 05:32 AM
Former Sponsor

the situation is very fluid. Mitsubishi USA has been made aware of this and if we can get uniform support for both North American head offices, then we will take it from there.

Since some of my projects are making projects thru official channals, i am optimistic that a positive develop may happen soon. Other then that, I am not able to say anything more about it.

This project-proposal has been classified / named
Project: EVO X2(squared)
Project: Renegade
Old Dec 4, 2009, 07:55 AM

Sounds interesting

Quick Reply: ~~~ Warranty Preserved EVO X tuning (Ontario Only, so far)