Notices

08 lancer gts bumper needed

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2009, 04:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08 lancer gts bumper needed

Hey Guys,

Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations of a good place to buy a new bumper. Obviously I know the dealer is insanely overpriced. I checked ebay but theres not much.
Any help would be appreciated.

reason: fender bender
Old Dec 21, 2009, 07:54 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
rear or front?

I too had a fender bender, rear bumper. Other guy is payin... but it still sucks my paint is flaking off like crazy

regular price is about 550 for a rear OEM lancer. you can press them a little more to drop either the tax, or another 50 on top of that. just shop around and see who may source it for you for cheap
Old Jan 2, 2010, 05:17 PM

I need the front bumper. When you say shop around your talking about calling the various mitsubishi dealerships or autopart stores?

thanks for the reply

Originally Posted by evo_soul
rear or front?

I too had a fender bender, rear bumper. Other guy is payin... but it still sucks my paint is flaking off like crazy

regular price is about 550 for a rear OEM lancer. you can press them a little more to drop either the tax, or another 50 on top of that. just shop around and see who may source it for you for cheap
Old Jan 2, 2010, 10:10 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
if u can wait a week i am going to montreal to work out stuff with two dealerships, i might... have a lead for you. cant promise but i will inquire.
Old Jan 3, 2010, 08:10 AM

if you can wait around a month, i would be able to sell you mine, since i ordered a new front bumper body kit . my bumper does not have the 2 front holes that the dealerships make for the original license plate because i ordered a evo x side mount so there will be holes for the mount on the side. let me know what you think.

ps: i have an 09 lancer gt so im not 100% sure its the same bumper but i think it should be.

Last edited by monkeyz; Jan 3, 2010 at 08:14 AM.
Old Jan 3, 2010, 10:43 PM

too bad its the front bumper.. i have a GG rear bumper that im willing to sell to whoever needs
220 OBO
Old Jan 13, 2010, 10:21 AM

Yes definately let me know and thanks man.

Originally Posted by evo_soul
if u can wait a week i am going to montreal to work out stuff with two dealerships, i might... have a lead for you. cant promise but i will inquire.
Old Jan 13, 2010, 10:22 AM

I was thinking of ordering a body kit since it was getting tough to find an oem. Where did you order the bumper kit from? I will check into compatibilities in the meantime between 08 and 09.

cheers.

Originally Posted by monkeyz
if you can wait around a month, i would be able to sell you mine, since i ordered a new front bumper body kit . my bumper does not have the 2 front holes that the dealerships make for the original license plate because i ordered a evo x side mount so there will be holes for the mount on the side. let me know what you think.

ps: i have an 09 lancer gt so im not 100% sure its the same bumper but i think it should be.
Old Jan 14, 2010, 07:42 AM

i got it from accolade, but if your going to get it, u should get a whole kit because they are wide body kits and without the whole kit your car will look a little weird. but i should be receiving my kit early feb if you are interested in the front bumper . i also have the rear bumper and the side fenders and the hood if you are interested in those. let me know if you need anything else